VOSA fine !!

I hope I get an invite to their Xmas party as I’ve just put £100 into the kitty :grimacing:

Load not strapped :blush:

Let the bashing begin !! Professional blah blah blah, children blah blah blah :grimacing:

Tut tut.

No points? I thought it was a fine and points make prizes? Apparently with pallet trunks every pallet no strapped in comes with a hefty fine, according to MMTM lol.

What was you carrying ?

Alcpone it’s not endorsable MVMTM :smiley:

Mark h… Erm an unstrapped load :smiley: ( pallet hub decker so alsorts )

I did hear that they were clamping down on pallet deckers not being internally strapped. I mean how many do you see strapped? Drive to the load, let gravity do the work.

What a coincidence I heard that tonight too :laughing:

When I used to do the palletforce hub Burton I got pulled on the A50, only had 3 pallets on (knights good planning) and they told me in September they were gonna check as many as possible, in and out. Not as easy as they think to strap half the load let alone all of it, idiots. Curtains hold it all in anyway surely? Lol
Glad I’m on tippers now I know that much.

I drive reefers and if its a small pallet (4ft or less and the pallet is well wrapped/bound) I generally don’t secure it either and I have never had it move sometimes I have pallets that are that small there lower than the load restraint mountings anyway, what are you supposed to do then?

How are you supposed to strap the top deck?

Silver_Surfer:

internals

I thought internal straps wasn’t acceptable ?

Silver_Surfer:

By climbing up there with a few rolls of strapping :astonished:

He wanted everything strapping down to their respective beds :unamused:

2hr 46 mins later I pulled away with a lifted prohibition :smiley:

Darb:

Silver_Surfer:

He wanted everything strapping down to their respective beds :unamused:

Did you have your risk assessment for climbing?

Darb:

Silver_Surfer:

So he wasn’t bothered about the H&S aspect then if you fell from height :slight_smile:
You should have pointed it out to him/her :smiling_imp:

How the ■■■■ are you supposed to strap every single pallet on a decker? You can’t in all honesty, at least not without climbing up to a height I’m sure you’re supposed to have been on a course to ascend to. I think I’d have been tempted to say I wasn’t trained to get up there to secure the load, it’s not my company policy unless you’ve done a dCPC module on using ladders.

If you strap every pallet separately on some trunks, you’ll be lucky to be out of the yard after 2 hours.

‘VOSA - the most out of touch bunch of idiots we have to put up with these days.’

Discuss.

Truckulent:
‘VOSA - the most out of touch bunch of idiots we have to put up with these days.’

Discuss.

The new laws - a direct result of all the loads that’ve ended up on the road as a result of not being secured, some of which have killed people, because drivers couldn’t be arsed.

Discuss.

Darb:

Silver_Surfer:

should of said " can I just wait 15 more mins please ? count as a split daily rest! :laughing: YOU ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■ :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Conor:

Truckulent:

Discuss.

The new laws - a direct result of all the loads that’ve ended up on the road as a result of not being secured, some of which have killed people, because drivers couldn’t be arsed.

Discuss.

I’m sure it’s been law since 1987 that every pallet has0to be strapped.

Conor:

Truckulent:

Discuss.

Discuss.

Is it drivers can’t be arsed or is it don’t hang around here get the [zb] out the gate!

Time is money - money is king so don’t be wasting company money on that crap. Unless of course you get to waste YOUR money in fines then that is okay!

Discuss! :wink:

Only £100? As far as I am concerned both you and the company should have been fined the maximum possible. you for being a ■■■■■■■■ for taking it, and the company for allowing it. before you all start whinning it will never shift, I have done it for 30 years ,etc there is always a first time. As for the ■■■■ that the curtain will hold it, think again. they are to keep the load dry. End of. It wouldn’t happen in Germany. Stop whinging and learn the lesson ,better £100 than someones life.