Brown pants all round

ItsJoe:
See the last few seconds of the video where the kid is running AWAY from the truck? The brakes and reaction from the driver were top notch but the kid also helped himself.

Yeah noticed that to.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IronEddie:

ItsJoe:
See the last few seconds of the video where the kid is running AWAY from the truck? The brakes and reaction from the driver were top notch but the kid also helped himself.

Yeah noticed that to.

Good reactions on the sprog. Didn’t freeze to the spot. Fight, flight or freeze reaction worked well there :laughing:

Freight Dog:

IronEddie:

ItsJoe:

Yeah noticed that to.

Good reactions on the sprog. Didn’t freeze to the spot. Fight, flight or freeze reaction worked well there [emoji38]

Bet that kid crosses roads a bit more cautiously too these days. Since nobody got hurt or worse I think it’s a good life lesson.

bet the cab was beep beep beep crazy and red lights everywhere and a pointless display on the dash say emergency brake activated.
very well done drive.

just shows the decent flip flops stay I their own country :smiley:

A N T I C I P A T I O N !!!

onesock:
A N T I C I P A T I O N !!!

images-4.jpeg

Having read the whole story and watched the video again with sound. It is likely more to do with the filming truck driver alerting both the child and the kreiss driver that the child escaped serious harm.

He blasted his horn and flashed his lights to get the attention of the kreiss driver and the kid.

I think people are giving him no credit and all credit to the kreiss driver. Without the other driver watching it develop and intervening I think it would probably be a very different story.

Just my opinion.

Also guesstimating the speed of the kreisstruck to be 30 maybe 40mph.

Stops in about 3 secs flat from where it looks like it started breaking.

Assuming empty rather than loaded how many people can react and stop the best part of 20ton in 3 secs and what 20 feet at a guesstimate??

It wouldn’t be to hard to assume that the truck can detect pedestrians and cycles as the system is available on Volvo cars from a quick Google it seems.

simcor:
Also guesstimating the speed of the kreisstruck to be 30 maybe 40mph.

Stops in about 3 secs flat from where it looks like it started breaking.

Assuming empty rather than loaded how many people can react and stop the best part of 20ton in 3 secs and what 20 feet at a guesstimate??

It wouldn’t be to hard to assume that the truck can detect pedestrians and cycles as the system is available on Volvo cars from a quick Google it seems.

It wouldnt detect a child and isnt set up to do so. Every small object in its path (bag blowing across the road for example) would have the system kicking in and mine certainly doesnt kick in with such things. It also looks fully freighted, tag is down and the way the whole unit and trailer react under braking would also suggest it is. Empty, even with perfectly working ABS there would still be small lock ups of the trailer wheels leaving tyre smoke. The child is alive purely down to the driver…

Good work from both drivers there, and a side note of good work to the kiddo for managing to turn like a gazelle and run away from the truck!

Being empty would be worse in that kind of situation, you’d want to be running at max weight.