Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

Franglais:

Monkey241:
As an aside French exports have been hit also.

The French are rattled over Brexit.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Trade is NOT just a zero sum game.
Both “sides” can lose. Or both sides can win.

I thought it was always clear that most EU countrys leaders thought Breixt would be bad for the EU and its members?

No… its not a zero sum game.

Just offering some perspective that issues are on both sides despite the resident propagandists

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

The import regulations due on April 1st may be given a “light touch”, as might the extra checks due to start July 1st.
theguardian.com/politics/20 … eu-imports
Gove says some regulations could be delayed until 2023!

On same article the Office for Budget Responsibility says UK productivity is likely to be down 4% in the long term.
Food and Drink Federation report 45% drop in exports since January.

“Take Back Control” indeed!

UK Statistics Authority tells off Gove and his office for using unverifiable data, not in the public domaine.
theguardian.com/politics/20 … it-figures
All related to trade and truck movements, including or not empty vehicles as being part of trade.
Official post Brexit trade figures due later this month.

Franglais:
I thought it was always clear that most EU countrys leaders thought Breixt would be bad for the EU and its members?

Perhaps then the EU leaders should hav thrown David Cameron a bone when he came begging cap in hand then!
It was their refusal to compromise on a reform deal in 2016 that started the Brexit ball rolling.

msgyorkie:

Franglais:

Perhaps then the EU leaders should hav thrown David Cameron a bone when he came begging cap in hand then!
It was their refusal to compromise on a reform deal in 2016 that started the Brexit ball rolling.

Are you saying a country should successfully renegotiate it`s terms of membership every time a leader wants to ask? Threaten a referendum every five or ten years and get a bonus?

Franglais:

whiplash:
Can`t do fancy links and all that stuff,but I see on Friday evenings RTE news,that 2 trailers full of Irish produce shipped direct to Dunkirk for a British store based in Brussels.
They normally get their supplies through Waitrose,but have now started getting it from Ireland,because of supply issues.three months in.

Is this it?
youtube.com/watch?v=InhQxhLa1BE

A technological genius is what you are young man!
The actual reporter that did that item,Tony Connolly, is actually a very good impartial reporter.

whiplash:

Franglais:

whiplash:
Can`t do fancy links and all that stuff,but I see on Friday evenings RTE news,that 2 trailers full of Irish produce shipped direct to Dunkirk for a British store based in Brussels.
They normally get their supplies through Waitrose,but have now started getting it from Ireland,because of supply issues.three months in.

Is this it?
youtube.com/watch?v=InhQxhLa1BE

A technological genius is what you are young man!
The actual reporter that did that item,Tony Connolly, is actually a very good impartial reporter.

:blush:
Thanks, but I`m neither a genius nor young!

Gidders:
In my Spanish village I have two N.I. friends,one a protestant former police officer and another a catholic school headmaster.The latter won’t even come into a bar if the former is already there.Not a good sign for the future.

I know its your own experience Gidders,but in fairness,theres loads of Protestant
police officers and Catholic school headmasters,that couldn`t give a toss about each others politics or religion,just want to get on in life,and,generally do
Point taken though.

Plants shipped from Ireland take 1,400 mile detour to avoid Brexit headache at Holyhead

Plants are now driven to Rosslare and shipped to Dunkirk, in northern France.

They go by road to Aalsmeer, in the Netherlands, to join other plants being imported by Seiont.

The larger consignment is driven to Rotterdam, shipped to Harwich, Essex – then driven 330 miles across England, into Wales.

From The London Economic Plants shipped from Ireland take 1,400 mile detour to avoid Brexit headache at Holyhead

UK overseas territories top list of world’s leading tax havens

Britain’s overseas territories have topped a list of the world’s most significant tax havens ahead of Switzerland, the Netherlands and Luxembourg, according to the campaign group Tax Justice Network.
The report said OECD countries were responsible for 39% of the world’s corporate tax abuse risks. Their territories and former colonies – such as the UK’s independent territories and Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man, which are crown dependencies – were responsible for 29%.

And that’s why the Conservatives and their mega rich backers wanted Brexit.

whisperingsmith:
Plants shipped from Ireland take 1,400 mile detour to avoid Brexit headache at Holyhead

They go by road to Aalsmeer, in the Netherlands, to join other plants being imported by Seiont.

The larger consignment is driven to Rotterdam, shipped to Harwich, Essex – then driven 330 miles across England, into Wales.

From The London Economic https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/plants-shipped-from-ireland-take-1400-mile-detour-to-avoid-brexit-headache-at-holyhead-256700/

Not saying that this is not happening but at present there are no checks at Holyhead when entering the UK.

All fairly academic at this point since the EU is most likely going to outlive the U.K. :wink: Here’s to a wonderful future :smiley:

> Mazzer2:
> Not saying that this is not happening but at present there are no checks at Holyhead when entering the UK.

From the report it suggests it is the Irish Irish hauliers - not the English Irish hauliers - that have stopped offering groupage on the Irish route because if one order has a mistake on the paperwork “the whole cargo is held up”.

Mazzer2:

whisperingsmith:

From The London Economic Plants shipped from Ireland take 1,400 mile detour to avoid Brexit headache at Holyhead

Not saying that this is not happening but at present there are no checks at Holyhead when entering the UK.

Some checks on vehicles entering the UK from the EU, and from NI, are due to start on April 1st. Further checks are due on July 1st. Those dates have been thrown into doubt by the UK though as the current rules on NI are shaky.
The facility at Holyhead isn’t yet built, so traffic will need to be cleared inland until it is finished.
It won’t be finished until after it is started of course.
dailypost.co.uk/news/north- … s-19227499
Has a site been found yet? Or will Welsh deliveries from NI go via Birmingham or Manchester for a year or two?
The April date is in doubt regards NI because the UK is unilaterally binning it, but is still valid for trucks entering the UK from other EU ports. So we still have April 1st and July 1st to look forward to in Dover, Harwich, Pompey, Folkestone.
theguardian.com/business/20 … oms-checks
Or not?

SNAFU.
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56356033

whisperingsmith:
> Mazzer2:
> Not saying that this is not happening but at present there are no checks at Holyhead when entering the UK.

From the report it suggests it is the Irish Irish hauliers - not the English Irish hauliers - that have stopped offering groupage on the Irish route because if one order has a mistake on the paperwork “the whole cargo is held up”.

So what is to stop the same happening when it is put into a groupage load from Holland? There are plenty of firms still doing groupage we are currently doing at least one groupage load a week to the UK. The checks coming in from Holland are identical to those at Holyhead unless the Welsh Assembly has changed things.

Pro-Brexit Tory minister proudly claims ‘British wind’ will be used to power UK homes…
Paul Scully made the comment on Sky News this morning as he promoted the government’s £95m funding pledge for offshore wind projects in parts of northwest England.

He told Sky News:

“This is the start of building back greener. This is the start of 6,000 jobs in the UK, using British jobs, British manufacturing, and of course British wind to power UK homes with renewable energy by 2030.”

New one on me: current load from Fr to UK has a certificate for the wooden pallets used…
I haven’t checked whether this is overkill, or the new normal? Anyone sitting at home wanting an occupation?

Franglais:
New one on me: current load from Fr to UK has a certificate for the wooden pallets used…
I haven’t checked whether this is overkill, or the new normal? Anyone sitting at home wanting an occupation?

They need to be stamped to say that they have been heat treated or in your case a certificate to say the same, I assume the treatment sterilises the pallets, so clean pallets from the UK yet you can move pallets around Europe that have had rats and the like run over them and crap on them and that is ok :question:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

They need to be stamped to say that they have been heat treated or in your case a certificate to say the same, I assume the treatment sterilises the pallets, so clean pallets from the UK yet you can move pallets around Europe that have had rats and the like run over them and crap on them and that is ok :question:

I said “from Fr to UK” so this is clean pallets for us. Is that OK?