"Action in Transport" FaceBook Group

Dear Colleagues, fellow professionals,

Please join this FB group, to help save the Trucking Industry as we know it.
Also, pass this link on to as many UK HGV drivers as you can think of.
Thanks

facebook.com/groups/6397407 … 022719216/

It’s a (originally Dutch) movement to increase awareness of the things that threaten our industry, the ever-increasing legislation, the influx of cheap Eastern European labour, worsening working conditions, that sort of thing. Very big in NL, 12,000 members. It’s run by drivers and is solely for drivers, it’s us getting off our backsides and saying “Enough is enough”!

ATTENTION: DELAYS TOMORROW ON THE A1 (Netherlands) CAUSED BY TRUCKERS

Dutch lorry drivers will be holding a “Go-Slow” protest on the A1 tomorrow, Thursday. This protest is directed a whole series of wrongs within the transport sector.

The drivers, who are united within the Actie in de Transport movement, are protesting against (among other things) the unbridled competition from transport companies using cheap Eastern European drivers who are destroying the industry.
The truckers will be gathering together from 15.15hrs on the parking area “De Lutte” at the Dutch/German border A1 near Oldenzaal. At about 16.00hrs they will depart in a Westerly direction, towards Almelo and will reach a maximum speed of just 60kmh. The protest will be assisted by the Police and should last approximately 30mins.

Jokerxl I wish I could be there :laughing: I applaud you Dutch lads and lasses :sunglasses: but you must understand I’m in Manchester and its very sunny! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: I wish you all the very best :smiley: lots of love from a robin van Persie, Ruud van nistelrooy, Edwin van der sar, jordi and Arnold muhren lover! M.U.F.C! :smiley:

JokerXL:
Dear Colleagues, fellow professionals,

Please join this FB group, to help save the Trucking Industry as we know it.
Also, pass this link on to as many UK HGV drivers as you can think of.
Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/639740799388705/permalink/639769022719216/

It’s a (originally Dutch) movement to increase awareness of the things that threaten our industry, the ever-increasing legislation, the influx of cheap Eastern European labour, worsening working conditions, that sort of thing. Very big in NL, 12,000 members. It’s run by drivers and is solely for drivers, it’s us getting off our backsides and saying “Enough is enough”!

Joker - cant get on that link

Thanks for the info on that Pierrot.
Strange though, works for me.
I’ll look into it.

Yup, works for me, straight to it.

JokerXL:

You’re (wrongly) assuming that everyone has a Farcebook account. Many of us (myself included) have no interest in such sites which are designed for kids and people with no lives/far too much time on their hands.

Good luck in your quest (whatever it is…).

How will having a rant about things on facebook make a difference?

People rant on here all the time and nothing gets changed.

Linky no workie.

I’m a member, using it to improve my Dutch as much as anything. Good luck with the protest tomorrow - interesting that the politie are assisting - could you see that happening here?!

Tot ziens

Gary

Rob K:

JokerXL:

You’re (wrongly) assuming that everyone has a Farcebook account. Many of us (myself included) have no interest in such sites which are designed for kids and people with no lives/far too much time on their hands.

I thought you were on it?

Derf:
How will having a rant about things on facebook make a difference? People rant on here all the time and nothing gets changed.

because THEY’RE GETTING OFF THEIR BACKSIDES AND DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT! :sunglasses: with police there as well! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: it’s a start! :smiley: look what the French lads ACHIEVED 20 odd years ago! Too many SPINELESS englishmen in this country! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: wake up and smell the coffee lads, the only reason we’re treated like second CLASS citizens is because we allow it! :imp: RACE TO THE BOTTOM IS NEARLY CONCLUDED! :smiling_imp:

JokerXL:
Thanks for the info on that Pierrot.
Strange though, works for me.
I’ll look into it.

Joker - is that a slightly different link , because I was able to get it this time

Derf:
How will having a rant about things on facebook make a difference?

People rant on here all the time and nothing gets changed.

Nothing gets changed because of attitudes like that, truck drivers are one of few industries that can bring this country to its knees with in a week, but the unions and haulage assosiations will distance them selves from any direct action.

JokerXL:
ATTENTION: DELAYS TOMORROW ON THE A1 (Netherlands) CAUSED BY TRUCKERS

Dutch lorry drivers will be holding a “Go-Slow” protest on the A1 tomorrow, Thursday. This protest is directed a whole series of wrongs within the transport sector.

The drivers, who are united within the Actie in de Transport movement, are protesting against (among other things) the unbridled competition from transport companies using cheap Eastern European drivers who are destroying the industry.
The truckers will be gathering together from 15.15hrs on the parking area “De Lutte” at the Dutch/German border A1 near Oldenzaal. At about 16.00hrs they will depart in a Westerly direction, towards Almelo and will reach a maximum speed of just 60kmh. The protest will be assisted by the Police and should last approximately 30mins.

I hope Koops, De Lely, De Rijk etc etc will be taking part in this half-hour of fun. They could save money by sending some of their EE registered vehicles with the two-for one driving teams within.

Might be worth looking at making a website?..

Since some people don’t have Facebook, and you can make some free websites with a .co.nr with no costs.

Get people to register and just send people an email when an event is being created, if one ever does in this country.

Apologies if this is a completely stupid idea :laughing:

Norfolk knights:

Rob K:

JokerXL:

I thought you were on it?

Nope. I’ve never had an account. Think someone may be pulling your leg old chap.

Thank you all for your various reactions

Thank you Fatboy Slimslow
I’m a British Ex-pat, 26 years in NL.
Just trying to spread what we’re doing here in the Land of Holl to the UK.
“Stronger Together!”

RobK
yes, maybe I am assuming too much of you. Most people I know do have a FaceBook account, it’s a great way to keep in touch with everybody - being away on the road all week.
It’s exactly the same as forums like this one - an exchange of ideas, opinions, information - just a bit more flexible and immediate. Not all kittens and videos of nuns falling over. You should try it. Don’t be afraid of new technology.

Derf
I think you may have missed a bit of the text further up there. The clue is in the title really “Action in Transport”
The whole point is that we’re sick and tired of the talking-shop of the past that has been the trademark of the union bosses. Bobo’s in suits sitting around quaffing champagne at lunches with other bobo’s in suits - at your expense. Not wanting to rock the boat too much because really they know when they’re on to a good thing.
ACTION - deeds, movement, protest. That’s what we’re about.
The Dutch movement has bypassed the impotent unions and they’re pretty pee’d off about it!
Through that “childish” Facebook group there have been two go-slow protests to date, another one this afternoon. Questions asked in Parliament and ideas put on the table in Brussels.
We’ve been going since February this year. We’re shaking things up - don’t just sit there being negative about things, get off your arse and DO something!

Scaniason
“Bedankt!”
:wink:

Weeto
“Hurrumph!”
Exactly. As I said in my intro, sitting around in (virtual) transport cafès moaning about life will achieve absolutely nothing. Get up, get out and DO!

Scanner
Do you not get it? It’s exactly those companies that need a good kick up the rear. This protest drive this afternoon will help to highlight exactly that problem - the unfair competition that has been allowed to creep in as a result of the EU relaxing of borders and cross-border employment. I myself have profited from that relaxing of regulations - an Englishman working for a Dutch company. I have Dutch friends who work for German companies, and there are plenty of English drivers working for French hauliers. The problem comes from when the economic playing field is so tilted to one side that the ball just rolls into the net. I know I’m ten times the driver that that Bulgarian on the train with me last night was, but he costs less than half what I do. I can’t compete with that, and Brussels needs to know that they’re so far up their own backsides that they can’t see it. We need to tell them.
That’s what this afternoon’s little drive-by is about. You can sit back and sneer, do nothing but whine, but it’s your livelihood that’s going down the drain, and that of your sons & daughters.

Little SplitPin
Thanks for the idea, good to see some positive thinking.
In NL we have a forum - like this one - next to the FB group. We find the dynamism of FaceBook works well. Some people are anti-FB whatever you say, and that’s a shame because its a great tool for communication.
The Action in Transport (UK) has only been in existence for a few days, our attempt to make this a European Solidarity thing, so early days yet.

If you care about your trade, if you’re proud to be a British Trucker and are not afraid to stand up and shout ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, sign up to the group, chip in with ideas, suggestions, your experiences, and let’s all try and make a difference.

JokerXL:
Thank you all for your various reactions

Thank you Fatboy Slimslow
I’m a British Ex-pat, 26 years in NL.
Just trying to spread what we’re doing here in the Land of Holl to the UK.
“Stronger Together!”

RobK
yes, maybe I am assuming too much of you. Most people I know do have a FaceBook account, it’s a great way to keep in touch with everybody - being away on the road all week.
It’s exactly the same as forums like this one - an exchange of ideas, opinions, information - just a bit more flexible and immediate. Not all kittens and videos of nuns falling over. You should try it. Don’t be afraid of new technology.

Derf
I think you may have missed a bit of the text further up there. The clue is in the title really “Action in Transport”
The whole point is that we’re sick and tired of the talking-shop of the past that has been the trademark of the union bosses. Bobo’s in suits sitting around quaffing champagne at lunches with other bobo’s in suits - at your expense. Not wanting to rock the boat too much because really they know when they’re on to a good thing.
ACTION - deeds, movement, protest. That’s what we’re about.
The Dutch movement has bypassed the impotent unions and they’re pretty pee’d off about it!
Through that “childish” Facebook group there have been two go-slow protests to date, another one this afternoon. Questions asked in Parliament and ideas put on the table in Brussels.
We’ve been going since February this year. We’re shaking things up - don’t just sit there being negative about things, get off your arse and DO something!

Scaniason
“Bedankt!”
:wink:

Weeto
“Hurrumph!”
Exactly. As I said in my intro, sitting around in (virtual) transport cafès moaning about life will achieve absolutely nothing. Get up, get out and DO!

Scanner
Do you not get it? It’s exactly those companies that need a good kick up the rear. This protest drive this afternoon will help to highlight exactly that problem - the unfair competition that has been allowed to creep in as a result of the EU relaxing of borders and cross-border employment. I myself have profited from that relaxing of regulations - an Englishman working for a Dutch company. I have Dutch friends who work for German companies, and there are plenty of English drivers working for French hauliers. The problem comes from when the economic playing field is so tilted to one side that the ball just rolls into the net. I know I’m ten times the driver that that Bulgarian on the train with me last night was, but he costs less than half what I do. I can’t compete with that, and Brussels needs to know that they’re so far up their own backsides that they can’t see it. We need to tell them.
That’s what this afternoon’s little drive-by is about. You can sit back and sneer, do nothing but whine, but it’s your livelihood that’s going down the drain, and that of your sons & daughters.

Little SplitPin
Thanks for the idea, good to see some positive thinking.
In NL we have a forum - like this one - next to the FB group. We find the dynamism of FaceBook works well. Some people are anti-FB whatever you say, and that’s a shame because its a great tool for communication.
The Action in Transport (UK) has only been in existence for a few days, our attempt to make this a European Solidarity thing, so early days yet.

If you care about your trade, if you’re proud to be a British Trucker and are not afraid to stand up and shout ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, sign up to the group, chip in with ideas, suggestions, your experiences, and let’s all try and make a difference.

So how is blocking the road going to kick Jan de Rijk up the rear?

This is the transport version of “if you have a heart you’ll click here to beat cancer, save the polar bears, end world hunger and OMG look at the grumpy cat etc etc”.

If you can show me a change in EU policy due to the creation of a F*cebook page, I’ll change my mind.

Your line about “European solidarity”. I take it you’ll be extending this hand of friendship to Romania and Bulgaria next year too?

Why so anti?
What have you done lately to even attempt to influence the course of what’s happening to your sector?
Is this what you do - sit behind a keyboard scoffing at the well- meant actions of others?
There are people out there sticking their heads above the parapet, giving up their time and effort, and you just sit there and snigger?
Quite pathetic.
The actions these people have the balls to get up and take today will help secure your job in the future, just remember that.
And the remark about the Romanians, the Hungarians? That tells me so much about you. Think man!! Read what has been said, try to digest it, it really isn’t that difficult.

Look, it’s not about me. I live in the Netherlands, I have a good, well paid job with a decent employer. I’m trying to set up a group in the UK that can help people like you that don’t want to get involved. People that don’t “get it”.
If the UK transport industry goes down the pan without you guys having lifted a finger to stop it, then fine, you get what you deserve.

The link is there, join the group, or don’t, I really couldn’t care less.