Brexit and the driver shortage

I myself reject the whole Westminster delusion,apart from anything else the whole shebang is fixed.Thatcher was programmed for her tasks,destroying unions,eliminating alternative traveller lifestyles etc,etc…Then, conveniently bring in an avuncular,trustworthy looking type like Major,to put a little balm on the wounds of his predecessors savage policies,while of course trojaning in whatever policies his Carlyle group handlers required.Nice bit of arms/oil dealing perhaps,courtesy of Blitzing Iraq and leaving the depleted uranium calling cards across the deserts.Nice mr Major.
Then the complete tanking of the economy,mass influx of immigrants,via Blair and Brown. Cameron then stokes that particular fire by removing the only guarantor against this influx in removing Gaddafi.
Theresa May then Bilderburged into position-Goodbye English countryside,welcome fracking and nuclear waste disposal beneath the National Parks,HS2,continued mass immigration,albeit more covertly,suspicious silence appropo Asian ■■■■ gangs.
And still people vote :open_mouth:

Juddian:
There are skilled lorry drivers about, the difference between a skilled and unskilled driver is large.

The job has been deskilled at many places to the point that some companies want minimum wage steering wheel operatives.

I would say my job is skilled… why?

I have a mechanical knowledge skill working in the breakdown trade. Diagnosing vehicle problems, doing rollovers with cars and lorries on their side.

Some jobs out there I would deffinetly say is a skilled job.

Lets do some math here:

A Hard Brexit would be for me - “ceasing all payments to the EU”. This could have been done gradually, but as far as I am aware - the regular payments to Brussels have been kept at full strength these past 28 months when we could have cut them off at the legs the day after the referendum result - but didn’t.

Thus, the “£350m promise” on the side of the bus - was effectively a promise made by UKIP (not in Westminster) or maybe Boris Johnson (Not PM, nor even in the Cabinet now)
Who have NO ability to implement a “Cut off” Hard Brexit as I’ve just described.
Thus, the “£350m on the bus” - wasn’t so much a “Lie” - but just a “pie in the sky promise” based on just too many other “what ifs” happening prior to the possible implementation.

Calling it a “Lie” though - implies that we don’t actually pay any money to the EU at ALL, and in fact the EU supports all our public services with this “Rebate” that we’re led to believe is “far higher” and would mean “dispanding outright” our public services up and down the land.

NOW what’s the “Lie” then?

Surely the time of Lying Lawyers in politics - is fast coming to an end now?

Deflection, Misleading, Liars.

The simple truth is that the EU is still leaching money from the UK - just to survive now. It has made no efforts to cut it’s budget, or hold an “austerity drive” among the EU institutions.
They clearly have made no plans on the EU leaving whatsoever, and UK poltiicians (75%+ of our EU-supporting, and EU backed) MPs - merely need to “pretend to do Brexit” without actually doing ANY brexit - just like for the past 28 months… “Talks are continuing”… Are they? Did they actually start? Breakthroughs■■?

That’s like saying “Chamberlain has made a breakthrough with his “Peace in our Time” deal, that postpones imminent war with the Nazis - until they invade some country somewhere that they shouldn’t!”

May is only still PM - because she’s scared her own Tory Rabble into “don’t force me out, or I’ll call another election, which will crush the Tories outright”…

There is no need (under the Fixed Terms Parliaments Act 2011) to hold another election if May is removed.
Those MPs that remove her - can then vote NO to “another election” - which needs 2/3rds of the House to pass it. In other words, “removing May” will EASILY get those 2/3rds vote on a “no confidence” footing, but will NOT get many Tories supporting “holding another election” on top of that.

Thus, the only thing yet to be decided in order to bring May down - is “Who doesn’t want to be the next PM, by wielding the knife to get rid of her”?

The way the betting market is going (Rees-Mogg drifting sharply in price to be next pm at the bookies over the past few days…) - the suggestion is that HE is about to be taken up on his “I don’t want to be Prime Minister” - and HE will “wield the knife”. I don’t mind actually - “Taking one for the team” - seems an honourable thing to do right now.

The Trigger?

:bulb: Brexit Plan absent from Upcoming Queen’s Speech :bulb:

Thus proving beyond a shadow of a doubt - that there is NO actual intent to deliver Brexit by March 29th 2019 after all.#

May has run out of further road - to kick brexit down.

Cheap drivers aren’t good and good drivers aren’t cheap

vonmax:
Cheap drivers aren’t good and good drivers aren’t cheap

Let’s see how I get on over the coming Christmas… I’m up for some premium work for December that’ll make up for taking most of January off… :sunglasses:

The Quest then: “To earn two months pay in one month”.

I don’t mind working nights, weekends, bank holidays, 12-15 hour shifts - providing the money is right. :grimacing:

If Aldi/Lidl/Morrisons are paying £14ph these days, ASDA paying £17 over Christmas, and RM paying around the same, albeit “only for Christmas” again - then something similar will do.

Wanna keep my options open as to how much of such work is about though.

Things I won’t be doing, include:-

(1) Signing up for any Umbrella Fees
(2) Signing up for last-minute work only, rather than planned shifts, ideally with work dished out at the end of the previous week
(3) Signing up for firms that verbally offer premium rates, but the rate gets omitted from the email/text “assignment confirm”…
(4) Signing up for firms that don’t think a spotless licence is worth “forgoing an unpaid assessment for”…
(5) Signing up for any work inside the M25 that doesn’t have another premium on top
(6) Signing up for any firms that won’t guarantee a minimum number of paid hours - if and when you get cancelled en-route to the job
(7) Signing up for shysters who only ever give me their mobile number, rather than their actual real life name, address, landline phone number, etc. FFS I’m expected to give my bank account details to these geezers - so I should expect some “reciprocated trust” eh?
(8) Signing up anywhere with a lowest hourly rate below what I’m already on at present
(9) Signing up for any firm that won’t tell you what sort of places you’d be likely to work over the coming weeks.
and (10) - Signing up for any outfit that doesn’t do PAYE. :sunglasses:

^^^^ enjoy your month off :wink:

the maoster:
^^^^ enjoy your month off :wink:

If there’s any nice ladies about - they might want to take a seat, and enjoy my mouth as well btw. :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

To a few who seem to have it all wrong .
Brexit means leaving the EU’s control ,It does not mean we are leaving Europe .
sooner the EU is disbanded the bloody better.

Beetlejuice:
To a few who seem to have it all wrong .
Brexit means leaving the EU’s control ,It does not mean we are leaving Europe .
sooner the EU is disbanded the bloody better.

Sure we’re not leaving Europe. It would take an actual extinction level tectonic event to pull that off.

The EU was a failed experiment with all the wrong goals in mind.
They waste far too much contributing taxpayer’s money following

(1) Man Made Climate Change - which is a HOAX (Natural climate change - is the real deal. You prepare for that, - NOT pretend you can “stop it” like some silly ■■■■ on the beach…)

(2) Keeping “non centerist” parties out of politcs in member nations. That is an unacceptable level of “foreign interference” in our politics for both Left and Right alike.

(3) Preventing member nations from re-sourcing inefficiently produced stuff - from outside the EU.

(4) Far too much money just spent on Bureaucrat Wages. What was that building in Brussels? - 20,000+ staff - of which THOUSANDS of them earn more than even our Prime Minister? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

(5) Science, Research, Medical Developement - Stagnant. Only things that aid the EU to stay in power - are permitted lines of study, with help from Big Pharma in particular to shield the general European public from access to “cheap as chips” Medicines, Staple Foods, Electricity, and even quality staff!

(6) Denying member state’s laws with impunity, especially any laws pertaining to “Worker’s Rights”. For example, an Eurozone trucker coming to Britain - won’t be paid the UK minimum wage - despite spending over 75% of their working hours driving around UK roads, sleeping in UK laybys unpaid, and filling up on the continent so they don’t even pay a decent amount of UK fuel duty over here.
Westminster should force all Eurozone hauliers to pay the UK minimum wage - or don’t come here at all. :bulb:

Roads in Europe are over-regulated, and tolled tolled tolled. All the money thus raised - stays in the EU coffers, with little or none of it coming out way.
The “Rebate” - doesn’t count, because that is like us buying five pound notes for twenty quid apiece!

The EU as a political system, organization, movement, and hopefully never “military force” - DOES NOT WORK.

Shattered Europe.jpg

The system is broken. Now it is time to kick the shards of glass out of the windscreen, and stop worrying about getting cut to blazes - because in the meantime - we cannot bloody well see where we are going! :bulb:

The company I’m with is looking for a Cat C driver but finding it difficult getting one. Looks like March has been brought forward.

Most posts on TNUK seem to favour Brexit.
Most of the drivers to whom I speak claim to have voted remain and favour staying in.
Just saying.

Optimum:
Most of the drivers to whom I speak claim to have voted remain and favour staying in.
Just saying.

Same as me then.
You generally only speak to well balanced, reasonable, sensible people…

:wink:

Our friends are often of a similar mindset to us, so maybe Brexiteers would say the same as you? Those they speak to are of the same opinion?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Optimum:
Just saying.

You must only have limited friends then ?
No disrespect but what a load of bullderdash :laughing:

Beetlejuice:

Optimum:
Just saying.

You must only have limited friends then ?
No disrespect but what a load of bullderdash :laughing:

The whole bloody thread is ■■■■■■■■ mate. THERE IS NO DRIVER SHORTAGE. THERE IS NO DRIVER SHORTAGE. NEW DRIVERS DONT WALK STRAIGHT INTO CE POSITIONS…BECAUSE THERE IS NO DRIVER SHORTAGE. DVLA SAY THERE ARE THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF QUALIFIED DRIVERS SO THEREFORE, THERE IS NO DRIVER SHORTAGE.

Ffs :unamused: There is a shortage of decent firms, conditions and pay. But there is…no…driver…shortage.

Looking at the job vacancies out there - there are plenty that now offer openings for newbie drivers - but the pay is crap.

Of the jobs that offer top dollar - a LOT is expected of the driver, for example Aldi - where they state on the website that “only 40% of your working time is driving”.

Actually, I’ve come to the opinion that perhaps Aldi are employing senior warehouse staff who happen to hold a LGV licence?

Of the jobs that are “nearly 100% driving” - a LOT of hours is still expected out of you per week, which puts the issue of “overtime” down the pan straight away.
If your basic working week is say, 55 hours - then you’d need to be taking a week off to bank enough hours to perhaps get a single short shift of overtime once a month… Not good. :frowning:

I would argue that a higher headline minimum rate is better, with the downside of perhaps it being a right-through rate, i.e. overtime is freely available - but only paid at single time. NOT a problem if the base hourly rate is already north of £12ph.

Looking at the job vacancies though - the initial signs of a true driver shortage - will be “firms struggling to even get a handful of applicants for their advertized full time jobs”.

Around five years back, nearly all “jobs” on offer - were in fact agencies offering “ongoing work, ongoingly” ahem which dries up in months like January in particular.

Now, there seems to be less agencies about, with those that are still here from 5+ years back - seemingly only surviving by exploiting their staff.

This is to be expected going into March 2019 though. The real fun doesn’t start - until we finally get rid of Mark Carney at the Bank of England…

Why? - He’s sitting on the biggest magic money tree of all! - Britain’s stockpiled Eurocurrency reserves that the UK is obliged to keep to “uphold the Euro”, whilst artificially keeping the pound low these past 17 years since the Euro was widely rolled out across the world.

Dumping that lot, post-Brexit - would actually make British wages the top dollar for the world, driving even MORE economic migrants to our shores. This is why Brexit needs to be done in the correct order to succeed then: (1) Stop paying the EU (2) Re-set our trade routes and foreign trading partners so we can by-pass EU trade outright. Can’t do that if we stay in the Single Market or Customs Union. (3) Dump all our Euros, as we’re no longer obliged to keep them. The money raised with the Euro STILL at historically high prices vs the Pound - would exceed a trillion pounds, I suggest. That would be a “stockpile rate” of just 50million Euros per week tucked away in the Bank of England vaults. With such a stockpile, any attempt by the EU to take punitive action against the Pound - would actually be counter-productive for the EU, of course. IT just gives us an even higher price to dump our Euros on the open market at. The £12bn overseas aid budget - pales into insignificance, seeing as it would take 80 years of “not paying that over” before Britain is a trillion quid better off… The same applies to the Brexit Dividend, which even if one takes the low end estimate of NET £100m per week (net of Rebate) - we are talking two CENTURIES before we get to net grab what we could raise in a single day from dumping our Euros…

So what if the Euro becomes waste paper?

We couldn’t do this to Hitler’s Third Reich of course, as the Bank of England wasn’t stockpiling Reichesmarks in the day… :exclamation:

America has taken some action against Turkey on the currency front… Erdogan is spitting blood of course, - but that’s all the nearest living world leader to Hitler can do. :stuck_out_tongue:

Recep Erdogan.jpg

It is therefore in the interests of the EU to offer Britain a “decent deal” - before it is too late then. A “no deal” Brexit wouldn’t just end the EU otherwise - it would send the European member states into a Depression that would be bigger than the 1930’s one.

The only way to avoid that, would be for the EU to disband the moment Britain performs a Hard Brexit. This would render our stockpile of Euros worthless - but at least the EU will be dead, gone, and not coming back in our lifetimes. :bulb:

It won’t be nice for people with substantual Euro savings though - anywhere in the world. EITHER way!

Optimum:
Just saying.

Any truck driver who supports eu membership obviously doesn’t know what cabotage is, or what the eu’s aims are with regard to it.

I’m wondering what outcome would have been if not for leave campaign false promisses and lies, thatbhave surfaced after the referendum.

…and now after the vote we are being told this:

telegraph.co.uk/technology/ … fake-news/

Russian trolls sent thousands of pro-Leave messages on day of Brexit referendum, Twitter data reveals

An army of Russian trolls sent thousands of messages with the hashtag #ReasonsToLeaveEU on the day of Britain’s referendum on membership of the EU, according to new data released by Twitter.

On 23 June 2016, the day of the Brexit vote, Russia mobilised an army of trolls, which at one stage included 3,800 accounts. The fake accounts Tweeted out 1,102 posts with the hashtag #ReasonsToLeaveEU.

The Russian-linked accounts Tweeted out the phrase “Brexit” more than 4,400 times during its period of activity, although mostly after the referendum had taken place.

The data from Twitter showed Russian and Iranian internet trolls sent more than 10 million Tweets in an effort to spread disinformation and discord in the West, including a day-long blitz on the day of the Brexit vote.

Russian “troll factory” the Internet Research Agency and a separate group of Iranian hackers used networks of Twitter accounts to spread divisive information, according to a new database released by the social network.

Some of the posts came from accounts masquerading as news organisations and journalists. Others came from internet personalities crafted over years by Russian hackers, such as Jenna Abrams, purportedly a Trump supporting American woman. “Remember this day It’s a new start for Britain #Brexit
Article50,” the account Tweeted.

While there were attempts to influence British politics, the vast majority of the effort was dedicated to the 2016 US election, said Ben Nimmo, a senior researcher at Atlantic Council which analysed the Tweets.

“The leave EU hashtag looked like a targeted opportunity, but it is not like what we saw happen in the US, where there was two years targeting Hillary pre-election,” he said.

Twitter previously said it had only found 49 Russian IRA accounts that had tried to influence the Brexit vote, although it subsequently banned many more. The accounts also share linked, news stories to real and misleading websites, gifs and videos.

The government said that there was no evidence Russian attempts had succeeded in influencing the referendum result.

Jeremy Wright, the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, said: "We are working on a range of measures to improve the online environment and build audience resilience to disinformation, including from hostile states.”

Iran also made an effort to influence British politics, launching attacks on former UKIP leader Nigel Farage and former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson, while mostly praising Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn. Twitter revealed posts from 770 Iranian accounts that had engaged in attempts at disinformation.

“At last, a leading #UK Politician willing to stand up to the apartheid state of Israel and its murdering racist leader,” said one account. “This isn’t anti semitism, it’s anti #Apartheid.”

While some accounts Tweeted in broken English, others were surprisingly sophisticated. One Iranian account even Tweeted a rhyming Limerick criticising the UKIP leader.

Twitter released the information showing the full extent of the disinformation campaign. Twitter said: “It is clear that information operations and co-ordinated inauthentic behaviour will not cease. These types of tactics have been around for far longer than Twitter has existed — they will adapt and change as the geopolitical terrain evolves worldwide and as new technologies emerge.”

The internet trolls also targeted Russian people in a bid to swing them on domestic issues. On the shooting down of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 by Russian-backed separatists, the troll factory went into overdrive. The day after the event, a coordinated campaign of 57,000 Tweets went out in an effort to shift blame for the attacks to the Ukrainian government, with many sharing hashtags including #provocationbykiev, #kievshotdowntheboeing and #kievtellthetruth appeared in a single day.

The Russian accounts used tools to amplify their attacks. One fake Tweet about claims of voting fraud was re-tweeted 25,000 times. The trolls used tools to automated their attacks more than 290,000 times.

While the attacks on the UK were limited, Nimmo said “the two operations show that American society was deeply vulnerable” to well-crafted fake accounts, such as those posing as official sources or internet personalities.

…and brexiters are surprised that remainers are ■■■■■■ off at our democracy being rigged.
The vote was not much diffrent to the way votes are being rigged in Zimbabwe, Russia and , China.

Brexiters sleeping in the same bed with Russians?

Harry Monk:

Optimum:
Just saying.

Any truck driver who supports eu membership obviously doesn’t know what cabotage is, or what the eu’s aims are with regard to it.

^^^ spot on there Harry…turkeys & christmas

hkloss1:
I’m wondering what outcome would have been if not for leave campaign false promisses and lies, thatbhave surfaced after the referendum.

…and now after the vote we are being told this:

telegraph.co.uk/technology/ … fake-news/

Russian trolls sent thousands of pro-Leave messages on day of Brexit referendum, Twitter data reveals

An army of Russian trolls sent thousands of messages with the hashtag #ReasonsToLeaveEU on the day of Britain’s referendum on membership of the EU, according to new data released by Twitter.

On 23 June 2016, the day of the Brexit vote, Russia mobilised an army of trolls, which at one stage included 3,800 accounts. The fake accounts Tweeted out 1,102 posts with the hashtag #ReasonsToLeaveEU.

The Russian-linked accounts Tweeted out the phrase “Brexit” more than 4,400 times during its period of activity, although mostly after the referendum had taken place.

The data from Twitter showed Russian and Iranian internet trolls sent more than 10 million Tweets in an effort to spread disinformation and discord in the West, including a day-long blitz on the day of the Brexit vote.

Russian “troll factory” the Internet Research Agency and a separate group of Iranian hackers used networks of Twitter accounts to spread divisive information, according to a new database released by the social network.

Some of the posts came from accounts masquerading as news organisations and journalists. Others came from internet personalities crafted over years by Russian hackers, such as Jenna Abrams, purportedly a Trump supporting American woman. “Remember this day It’s a new start for Britain #Brexit
Article50,” the account Tweeted.

While there were attempts to influence British politics, the vast majority of the effort was dedicated to the 2016 US election, said Ben Nimmo, a senior researcher at Atlantic Council which analysed the Tweets.

“The leave EU hashtag looked like a targeted opportunity, but it is not like what we saw happen in the US, where there was two years targeting Hillary pre-election,” he said.

Twitter previously said it had only found 49 Russian IRA accounts that had tried to influence the Brexit vote, although it subsequently banned many more. The accounts also share linked, news stories to real and misleading websites, gifs and videos.

The government said that there was no evidence Russian attempts had succeeded in influencing the referendum result.

Jeremy Wright, the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, said: "We are working on a range of measures to improve the online environment and build audience resilience to disinformation, including from hostile states.”

Iran also made an effort to influence British politics, launching attacks on former UKIP leader Nigel Farage and former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson, while mostly praising Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn. Twitter revealed posts from 770 Iranian accounts that had engaged in attempts at disinformation.

“At last, a leading #UK Politician willing to stand up to the apartheid state of Israel and its murdering racist leader,” said one account. “This isn’t anti semitism, it’s anti #Apartheid.”

While some accounts Tweeted in broken English, others were surprisingly sophisticated. One Iranian account even Tweeted a rhyming Limerick criticising the UKIP leader.

Twitter released the information showing the full extent of the disinformation campaign. Twitter said: “It is clear that information operations and co-ordinated inauthentic behaviour will not cease. These types of tactics have been around for far longer than Twitter has existed — they will adapt and change as the geopolitical terrain evolves worldwide and as new technologies emerge.”

The internet trolls also targeted Russian people in a bid to swing them on domestic issues. On the shooting down of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 by Russian-backed separatists, the troll factory went into overdrive. The day after the event, a coordinated campaign of 57,000 Tweets went out in an effort to shift blame for the attacks to the Ukrainian government, with many sharing hashtags including #provocationbykiev, #kievshotdowntheboeing and #kievtellthetruth appeared in a single day.

The Russian accounts used tools to amplify their attacks. One fake Tweet about claims of voting fraud was re-tweeted 25,000 times. The trolls used tools to automated their attacks more than 290,000 times.

While the attacks on the UK were limited, Nimmo said “the two operations show that American society was deeply vulnerable” to well-crafted fake accounts, such as those posing as official sources or internet personalities.

…and brexiters are surprised that remainers are ■■■■■■ off at our democracy being rigged.
The vote was not much diffrent to the way votes are being rigged in Zimbabwe, Russia and , China.

Brexiters sleeping in the same bed with Russians?

Cool story, but I am not on Twitter, or any social media. Don’t read national newspapers or watch hardly any TV.

Yet I still voted leave and still believe in leave.

How did the Russians get to me I wonder?