Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Thank you Dean , Smiths Leyland is a odd looking beast ,We use to look after the Beford Tk and Tls when I worked at BRS Oxford depot ,Cadogen and Tate ,very posh firm who do a lot of upmarket jobs in London .

Hi Steve,looking good mate just the spray job and signage to go ,how long left before she hits the road

Hello John, Thanks mate , yes she is looking good so far, paint job,signage,body furniture ,plenty of lights etc ,I need it registered by the end of the month ,end of year accounts etc !!! :open_mouth: ,need it on the road April :smiley:

Since changing our website we are having plenty of enquiries for international !! ,long standing client now wants collecting from the south of France !!! "the hoff "has put his name up already ! :open_mouth:

JAKEY:
Hello John, Thanks mate , yes she is looking good so far, paint job,signage,body furniture ,plenty of lights etc ,I need it registered by the end of the month ,end of year accounts etc !!! :open_mouth: ,need it on the road April :smiley:

Since changing our website we are having plenty of enquiries for international !! ,long standing client now wants collecting from the south of France !!! "the hoff "has put his name up already ! :open_mouth:

Fair play to you Steve getting international work that truck will pay off quick ,keep the taxman happy bet the hoff is chomping at the bit :laughing: put a leash on him :laughing: :laughing:

JAKEY:

Hi Steve,
That’s a smart looking truck there…look even smarter with your colours and name on her.
I’ve been doing back to back France for the last month …there has been a huge surge and it’s been mainly about Brexit…most of the clients I’ve been taking out want to get out before Brexit :smiley:
Is that Pod on the new motor off the old DAF ?

Hello Mark ,it seams our jobs to Spain are returning home and the one from France are too as well , NO the pod was not off our old wagon but I did think that and our lads did too ,I hope its NOT a old pod put on !!

I know its carrying prams but its an intresting pantecnicon.

removals 19752.PNG

removals 19751.PNG

DEANB:

DEANB:

Hi Dean, they had quite a few of these, some by Marsden & some by Vanplan. The one in the photo was Vanplan. They had Gardiner Engines whixh made them very attractive vehicles. They replaced them quite regularly too with lowish mileage and very light use carrying only built up prams. I remember seeing one or two advertised at more or less written down prices and we certainly would have bought them, but alas they were not high enough for our use and the GVW was only about 10 ton & seem to remember they had a deck in so the prams could run on their wheels (from memory) so they could only carry abut 5 ton, once again good for prams but just too little for us. Several years ago I went over with my son. Paul to Southern Ireland to a removal van museum and they had one exhibited there.
Best wishes Carl

Here’s a couple of photos on the subject, not my photos. Les.

hed709nz.jpg
Silver_Cross_-_Guiseley_Factory.jpg

Another bad access job ,low trees too low for our Luton Sprinter ,so we hired this 2016 dog ,handy for us for a few days ,key access is good so running back and forward .

54389065_690931394642592_1067789184011337728_n.jpg

54258094_2129043814073024_536226001185669120_n.jpg

1. we will also use our little Vito and have put some lumpy bits on our Sprinter and tranship in the village ,local move .

53474663_274882090106128_308902083812130816_n.jpg

Couple of more jobs booked today :smiley: ,roll on the Summer :smiley:

Hi lads,sorry not been on busy week night out Thursday in bude,mark I done a collection in llantrisant round the corner from outline driving back heading towards pen coed on the back road funny how a song came on the radio I was transported back to driving Jones ford truck after loading in outline I miss those days here’s some pics I found on earlier pages of trucknet how’s your mam doing ,Steve how’s your truck coming on 2nd courtesy of Ron weatherall

What a shame to see the TK in such a mess ,in its day the Tk was the best wagon for removals :open_mouth:

How about this then ,did a big job this week and was completed by Thursday ! my lads told the customer that we will collect the cartons when they call ,came back from us being out all day on Friday to find this :open_mouth: :imp:

The client had shoved some boxes down the side of the MAN and wedged pallets and parts of a old container on top to stop the boxes getting wet ,rubbing the wood up against in the truck ,marking the paint work !!! why the ■■■■ would you do that !!! ■■■■■■ off ! sorry to swear :imp: