Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

marktaff:

smallcoal:

JAKEY:
You jammey bugger Mark , I bet your name was [zb] then ? .

Not going well on this office move ! skips did not turn up until today but we were too busy to go and load :imp: , and there dragging there heals with getting rid of stuff :frowning: , we are clearing the levels but its slow and my lads are getting the dog on :open_mouth: , I think a bonous will have to be shown :laughing: , oh and there is no fanny about now and tea is now down to us to make etc .

Hi jakey,that’s not good having to make your own tea and no Totty either ,put ad in paper for one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,hi mark of on your jollys where was you going then :sunglasses:

Hi John,
I’d been down to Toulouse South of France…couple from Brackla Bridgend retired and bought a property down there…beautiful part of the world mste…fair old run down from the boat good 11 hours.
Regards Mark

Hi Jakey,
Yes you have to keep the morale up with the lads on times mate…no totty is this the reason the lads getting a dog on mate…you’ve got to have something to look at it makes the job go easier on the mind mate :smiley: …who’s holding you up Jakey the skip company mate ?
Regards Mark

Couldn’t resist posting this photo an old Fenders driver posted on facebook.

My old man also drove one similar when he drove for this south Wales household name back in th day.
Regards
Mark

nice motor there mark , pm you .

Hi mark and jakey go on you tube type in uk removals interesting videos on there especially the piano movers :smiley: cheers John

K300DAF ,the first daf75 in the country , driven by my cousin Andy may ,looks like Swiss to me ,its a shame there wagons do not look as well as this now !

JAKEY:
K300DAF ,the first daf75 in the country , driven by my cousin Andy may ,looks like Swiss to me ,its a shame there wagons do not look as well as this now !

Hi Jakey,
Nice pic mate…didn’t Charles Wood have 2 identical ones of this truck mate…seem to recall one time going to there place in Oxford…like you say always in top Nick just like yours.

Pic here I came across clearing some paperwork over the weekend.

Just learned Neaves have gone out of business mate…well old established company to.

Mark ,yes they did have too the same the other was J500DAF though, I like the White and co Freighter .

Jakey…did you ever run any Merc 814.
In my eyes at one time the best seven and half on the road…amazing truck to drive…well up to the job.

Pic here of tripps

Mark ,No we never ran those , we had Commer and Doge Commandos and a later Renault Commandos ,these were great motors with perkins engines in .

JAKEY:
Mark ,No we never ran those , we had Commer and Doge Commandos and a later Renault Commandos ,these were great motors with perkins engines in .

When I did time with Pickfords they had an old B reg integral Marsden Dodge… that’s all I can say it was the oldest truck in the branch fleet at the time…but what a flying machine…nice truck to drive to…it also had a Perkins in it to.

Regards Mark

Mark , I seam to recall they went well !!! :laughing: I had a job getting my brother let his small 7.5t Renault go ! I told him your getting a brandnew Daf LF with a sleeper pod ,air con etc but he was very reluctant , I am now having a job persuading him to have a MAN TGL :open_mouth: ,auto box and all the bells and whistles you could ask for .

JAKEY:
Mark , I seam to recall they went well !!! :laughing: I had a job getting my brother let his small 7.5t Renault go ! I told him your getting a brandnew Daf LF with a sleeper pod ,air con etc but he was very reluctant , I am now having a job persuading him to have a MAN TGL :open_mouth: ,auto box and all the bells and whistles you could ask for .

Jakey he sounds old school your Bro… can’t wait to see this new MAN !
What body you putting on it mate ?

Mark , SBR , No unique for me anymore :laughing:

JAKEY:
Mark , SBR , No unique for me anymore :laughing:

SBR are they local to you Jakey ?

No they are up in Warrington . great bodies ,I wish I had gone to them before .

I should be signing for the new TGL on Monday , hopefully the following year I get a short wheel based 12t for me :laughing:

Pickford’s.

1975 pickford scania1.PNG

Nice old Scania Dean ! load height looks a bit high to me for household removals .

JAKEY:
Nice old Scania Dean ! load height looks a bit high to me for household removals .

Yes lovely pic Dean…very rare to see a Scania under a Luton body back when this truck was new…Jakey yes she is a bit high…and a bay loader…you think nothing of it today…but back then a drop well would be more in cline.
Regards Mark

JAKEY:
No they are up in Warrington . great bodies ,I wish I had gone to them before .

I should be signing for the new TGL on Monday , hopefully the following year I get a short wheel based 12t for me :laughing:

Signing your life away Jakey :smiley:
So would there body builders be some of the
Old employees to Jakey ?