Blocking London for brexit

hkloss1:
There are some airlines that are not allowed to fly to EU because they do not meet EU safety records.

What absolute ■■■■■■■■! The law of the sky is written in the Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation as invoked in 1947 and which now has 192 countries as signatories.

Stanley Knife:

hkloss1:
There are some airlines that are not allowed to fly to EU because they do not meet EU safety records.

What absolute ■■■■■■■■! The law of the sky is written in the Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation as invoked in 1947 and which now has 192 countries as signatories.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a … pean_Union

hkloss1:
who would you want this country to sugn the first free trade deal

When the UK took on the services of Crawford Falconer as Lead Negotiator part of the agreement was that New Zealand would be the first country to sign a Free Trade Agreement with the UK. Now whether we ever get to the point where the duplicitous May signs that agreement is another matter.

hkloss1:
How about free trade deal with China, population over a billion vs our population of just over 60 millions (and that’s thanks to the influx of those unwanted eastern European immigrants, otherwise we would be even more insignificant).
China currently as a country higher purchasing power than the USA, that’s why the US is relocating as much hardware to the pacific as they can
Some time ago I remember I watched a documentary about China on YT, it was something about China’s trying to feed itself, agriculture, they said apparently China permits double chemical doses on their fields what EU permits ( can’t remember exactly what chemicals they were) and that’s why chinese fields, crops look so green , lush.
Plus because there is so much industrial development everywhere chinese food contains high amounts of carcinogenic metals.
From that time I stopped buying chinese foods which I liked to buy from time to time from chinese shops.

Not sure if anyone remembers there used to be free trade talks going on between the USA and the EU, they were going on for many, many years, they collapsed at the end because the American food wasn’t meeting high EU standards.

Yes, EU is not the quickest to strike new free trade deals, because they do things on their own terms, 500 million population, mostly reach consumers can afford to do deal at their own pace and their own terms and conditions.
You meet our standards with your products or we don’t do deal with you, simple.

So, what chance a little UK has out there to strike a good deal with others.
That’s why all over the world we are the laughing stock, people shake their heads wondering what are we doing here.

Now, about those insignificant antibiotics so common in american food, that we will have to permit to our markets.

Take a look at this scientific research.

news.sky.com/story/superbugs-to … n-11532307

|t’s not what mu mate told me yesterday at that [zb] RDC waiting room, or what I might have read on trucknetuk.

Firstly our shops are flooded with Chinese imports anyway so what difference does being or not being an EU member state have in that regard.At best Chinese purchasing power only comes from the cash that we give them for their exports made by effectively slave labour IE they’ve got nothing to offer except virtually slave labour.While there’s no way that China will change its one sided trade policy because it’s our cash which is paying for their economic growth and military build up which they’ll eventually use to take what they want from us not buy it.On that note why do you view a larger population with more mouths to feed and more people to look after as a supposed advantage in either case.

As for EU food standards you mean like unpasteurised dairy products and sewage thrown on crops as a fertiliser and why would food standards also stop the free trade of US manufacturing products like cars and trucks and their components.While VAT and other taxes makes the EU anything but a so called ‘free trade area’ such as selling cars to Denmark.

As for ‘super bugs’ personal experience unfortunately tells me that the natural biological resistance and terrible effects of Pseudonomas for example which can be found anywhere is far more of a problem than any supposed effects of eating US beef.

While it’s obvious that maintaining food standards isn’t mutually exclusive with telling US food exporters that UK bound food products have to meet UK food standards just as US bound exports have to meet US ones.On that note exactly what ‘safety’ grounds would the EU have to stop UK airlines flying within the EU after Brexit ?.

hkloss1:
Yeah, that’s the answer I was expecting
Here you have a simple comparison of food standards between UE and the US of A

ecowatch.com/13-ways-the-eu … 50175.html

I know what me and my children prefer to eat

And before all this started the EU would have been quite happy to take us into a similar trade deal, it was called TTIP. although it seems to be kicked into touch for the moment and like the complete removal of cabotage restrictions, which was stopped by work from trade body’s and unions in Sweden, The Netherlands and France, there are those in the EU who continue to push for both and are no doubt waiting for a more favourable US regime to continue negotiations.

As for your question, personally I’d like a trade deal with the EU, should be by far the easiest to sort out as we’re already pretty well harmonised with them.

Anglo-Nubian:
What’s so terrible about a second referendum ?

If you were going under the knife for major elective (i.e. non emergency) surgery, would it be outrageous if the surgeon, just before you’re taken to theatre asked " any second thoughts ? … are you absolutely sure you wish to proceed ?)

At the end of the day, if the majority of people still want to proceed with Brexit they will vote accordingly, so what’s the problem ?

+1

raymundo:
Confirmation of wanting to leave the EU has already been done, seems to me it’s the remoaners or losers who are wanting another vote and in so doing hope the new vote goes there way. Not the way democracy works !!

So you are afraid it will go their way? And democracy, as I understand, is not to vote, just in case if you can lose?

Carryfast:

Franglais:
I really, really, want to be proved wrong!
When the Leave vote came in I was disappointed. Now, having seen the performance of our Government I am worried. They seem intent on turning a bit of a problem (my opinion) into a disaster.
My concern is more for the future of this country, then me “loosing face” in an anonymous forum!

But the ‘government’ in question that you’re referring to is led by committed remainers obviously doing everything possible to sabotage the Brexit process so as to create the best possible chance for the cross party remain alliance to then reverse it.Hence a decision to leave the EU as of 2016 translates as open ended so called ‘transition’ which actually keeps us signed up to the EU until at least seemingly 2022 and counting.

I see where it’s going, when all Brexit economical crap kicks in, Leavers will say that it’s all because of Remainers in charge and not because of idea of prosperous Brexit was absolute nonsense from the beginning.

Carryfast:
why would food standards also stop the free trade of US manufacturing products like cars and trucks and their components.

Becuase as I’ve tried to explain to those who post about how “the nasty British government would sell out to the US and the lovely cuderly wuderly EU look after our interests even though they have been negotiating a similar deal”
the US agriculture industry, we’re talking about huge multi nationals here, not a few good ol’ boys on thier John Deeres and the US based global food multi nationals have lobbied hard in the TTIP negotiations and have plenty of US politicians in their pockets, so they won’t accept any deal that doesn’t include agriculture and food.
For the EU and no doubt the UK the pay off for allowing this would have been far easier access for the financial services sector into the US markets and we all know what influence they have over our goverments?

milesahead:

raymundo:
Confirmation of wanting to leave the EU has already been done, seems to me it’s the remoaners or losers who are wanting another vote and in so doing hope the new vote goes there way. Not the way democracy works !!

So you are afraid it will go their way? And democracy, as I understand, is not to vote, just in case if you can lose?

Democracy as I understand it is not to vote until you get the result the establishment want.

Let’s look at it the other way round, and we had voted to Remain, 2 years later the deal Dodgy Dave got from Brussels hasn’t materialised, so the Leave camp starts a campaign for another referendum, as the EU and the British goverment haven’t delivered on thier promises that were voted on.

Should there be another referendum?

of course there could be justification for a referendum on accepting a deal or leaving without a deal, as that would be a move on from the original question of leave or stay.

If we do manage to get a good deal from the EU on exit, we can negotiate with the US or anyone for further deals with no worries. If we end up crashing out, with no deal, we’ll be more desperate to get a deal, and so will likely and up with a worse deal. We won’t get any “mate’s rates” in the real world.

As members of a strong trading block like the EU, we are part of a strong block. In the future we won’t have as much weight. On the other hand we won’t be too bothered about olive farmers, I s’pose.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Short video, 4 minutes long only about american food standards.
Interesring comments below to read:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ_SYqevGi4

milesahead:

raymundo:

Democracy has never been a case of keep voting until you get the result you want which ironically is anything but democratic anyway.In which case why do you think that the Leave vote will/should accept a Remain vote given their second chance any more than the Remainers will accept the first Leave vote ?.

While it’s obvious that the EU membership argument can’t and never could possibly be settled democratically because no one has the right to vote the country’s sovereignty out of existence in favour of foreign rule by a foreign power.Especially in this case being an undemocratic Federal government system run along the lines of the Soviet Union and Yugoslav Federation.On that note remainers wanting to impose their version of so called democracy when it suits them is laughable.

hkloss1:

Stanley Knife:

hkloss1:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a … pean_Union

And all bar Suriname and North Korea are signatories to the CCICA.

muckles:
As for Truck drivers blockading London, the blokes a [zb]
Firstly, maybe not all truck drivers are Brexit supporters, so why would they take part?
Secondly, after the fuel protests of 2000, the government made sure it put in laws to stop us blockading the country.
Thirdly, an anti-government protest will often end in violence, which means the media will cover the “disgusting violence” from “mindless thugs” instead of the issues protested about. Somebody who believes in conspreciacy theories might even believe that the government places its own agents into the crowd to start the trouble.
I not sure how likely that is, but it’s what I’d do if I was leading the country and there were protests against me.

Picture the scene when the average employed driver tells the guvnor that he’s just ‘borrowing’ the truck to take part in a Brexit protest and the load will just have to wait.But to be fair he’ll do it unpaid although it will obviously count on the tacho.

Franglais:
If we do manage to get a good deal from the EU on exit, we can negotiate with the US or anyone for further deals with no worries. If we end up crashing out, with no deal, we’ll be more desperate to get a deal, and so will likely and up with a worse deal. We won’t get any “mate’s rates” in the real world.

As members of a strong trading block like the EU, we are part of a strong block. In the future we won’t have as much weight. On the other hand we won’t be too bothered about olive farmers, I s’pose.

It’s obvious that the EU won’t sign up to any ‘deal’ that risks the foundation of the whole Federal European scam which is based on the blackmail of trade for sovereignty and in our case also treasure.The idea of allowing a secessionist state to walk away with being able to make its own unilateral trade deals will equally obviously fit that.In which case it has to be a no deal scenario to get close to making it work.Bearing in mind that we’re already starting from a position of large trade surplus with the US as opposed to massive trade deficit with the EU especially Germany.In which case if the EU really wants to apply a vindictive mafia type hate crusade against the UK for it having the nerve to walk away then go for it.When it’s obvious that we need to lift trade restrictions with trade surplus customer US while also benefitting from applying trade sanctions against trade deficit Germany and the EU.The fact that such sanctions will actually be caused by the EU’s vindictive intransigence in not being able to accept secession of a member state in good faith will just make that victory even sweeter karma.Unfortunately for us the pro EU UK government as usual standing in the way of that with remainers May and Hammond having well and truly hijacked the process.

hkloss1:
Short video, 4 minutes long only about american food standards.
Interesring comments below to read:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ_SYqevGi4

Isn’t it a good job that the EU would never dream of a trade deal that would expose us to such horrors. :confused:

muckles:

Carryfast:
why would food standards also stop the free trade of US manufacturing products like cars and trucks and their components.

Becuase as I’ve tried to explain to those who post about how “the nasty British government would sell out to the US and the lovely cuderly wuderly EU look after our interests even though they have been negotiating a similar deal”
the US agriculture industry, we’re talking about huge multi nationals here, not a few good ol’ boys on thier John Deeres and the US based global food multi nationals have lobbied hard in the TTIP negotiations and have plenty of US politicians in their pockets, so they won’t accept any deal that doesn’t include agriculture and food.
For the EU and no doubt the UK the pay off for allowing this would have been far easier access for the financial services sector into the US markets and we all know what influence they have over our goverments?

Let’s get this right we unilaterally remove all EU type approval and duty requirements from US manufacturing exports like cars and trucks and components and we’ll also be happy to accept US agricultural exports so long as they comply with UK food standards and they’ll say no thanks.On that note how difficult can it be to say no growth enhancements used in UK market bound beef just like RHD for UK bound cars and trucks. :confused:

Having said that the only logical reason for them to want to sabotage such a deal would be that the US government thinks that being seen to support secession in Europe would weaken its own Federal government system at home.IE Texas says why not us too.

So long as foods are clearly labelled I don’t have a massive problem with them. One issue is that GMO foods are widespread in the US already, without labelling.
If post Brexit we allow GMOs into the UK, that are still banned in the EU, for instance, how would put trade with them be affected?
How would a GM allowed Northern Ireland trade with a GM forbidden borderless Eire?
Issue passports to bumble bees?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

milesahead:

raymundo:

The best and ONLY “referendum” we should ever need to hold on ANY subject - is a General Election where the different political parties have clearly different polcies that they will implement without further ado if elected. If parties want to put on additional checks and balance differences - then they need to put these in place prior to the pre-election run-up.

Example:

Labour want to double taxes and double benefits.
UKIP want to deport every foreign national in this country longer than three months - who isn’t paying net taxes.
Tories - want to lower taxes, and cut benefits for everyone except those missing a body part.
Libdems - want to cede the UK back to Europe, and will raise taxes only from those who earn more than the minimum wage.
DUP - want to Remain in the EU, and Remain in the UK
Sinn Fien - want to Remain in the EU, and Leave the UK
SNP - want to be the only legal “Nationalist” Party in the UK. If they hold all seats in Scotland, they will expect a second referendum to leave the UK, and a second referendum to remain in the EU.

WIth a full MAJORITY -
Labour will want to make Right Wingness illegal under Jeremy Corbyn.
UKIP want to bring back hanging for terrorist murder, child murder, and mass murder on a 12-0 jury guilty verdict ONLY.
Tories want to raise personal taxes, raise the minimum wage so that everyone pays taxes again, and lower corporation taxes.
Libdems want to reduce the number of MPs at Westminster from 650 (to 12?) in the Commons, and halve them in the House of Lords.
DUP - want to Remain in a hung parliament
Sinn Fein - want full Irish re-unification, or a return to the old campaign.
SNP - want to be the only legal nationalist party in the UK, if they hold nearly all seats in Scotland, they will expect nothing more than where they were in 2015, following which they got bugger all done whatsoever.

When’s a Majority not a majority?

When you’re the largest number of individual standing in the corridor at the moment.