M20 Closed

Express report
express.co.uk/news/uk/13707 … est-brexit
Matt Hancock says it is nothing to do with Brexit, but is due to COVID.
Yeah, right…we’ve had COVID for 11months with nowt like this; we’ve got Brexit 3 weeks away.
Any ways look out all of you that way!
.ed to correct
Not Hancock, but Dominic Raab mak8ng comment.

Franglais:
Express report

Yeah, right…we’ve had COVID for 11months with nowt like this; we’ve got Brexit 3 weeks away.

You’ve got a right chip on your shoulder about Brexit haven’t you? The head of the British Ports Association was on Radio 2 saying it had nothing to do with Brexit.

The problem is mainly caused by the different speeds countries have been recovering. China recovered first, got back into making stuff and started sending over bucketloads of stuff which had been ordered but put on hold due to their nation lockdowns.

Then throw in the fact that there’s loads of empty boxes to go back but as it’s more profitable for shipping companies to move loaded ones than empty then the ports start to get blocked with empties.

Chuck in Xmas rush too and the farce with the VBS system when it comes to picking up a box with allegedly 23% of slots at Felixstowe being wasted by the big firms block booking and cancelling at the last moment combined with a workforce who still think it’s the 1970s and spend more time on mugga or dinner than working and we’re where we’re at.

Oh wait but for some reason no problems with routes to any other Channel ports.
So all that trade but not many jobs for Brit drivers hauling it because it’s mostly going on East Euro trucks for some reason.
Yes we get it remainers want Europe to be ruled by Beijing.Within a world governance system as an EUSSR prefecture like the former Yugoslavia.Happy to go along with ballot fraud and false propaganda to get what they want.

The French transport authority posted it this morning that delays can be expected on the M20 from Friday for 4 nights whilst the Brexit planning is tested with lane closures and delays to be expected.
They were also warning about the lack of toilets and facilities throughout the area .

Wasn’t aware Dover or the Eurotunnel were container ports?

I’ve never noticed any at either when shipping in or out?

Conor:

Franglais:
Express report

You’ve got a right chip on your shoulder about Brexit haven’t you? The head of the British Ports Association was on Radio 2 saying it had nothing to do with Brexit.

The problem is mainly caused by the different speeds countries have been recovering. China recovered first, got back into making stuff and started sending over bucketloads of stuff which had been ordered but put on hold due to their nation lockdowns.

Then throw in the fact that there’s loads of empty boxes to go back but as it’s more profitable for shipping companies to move loaded ones than empty then the ports start to get blocked with empties.

Chuck in Xmas rush too and the farce with the VBS system when it comes to picking up a box with allegedly 23% of slots at Felixstowe being wasted by the big firms block booking and cancelling at the last moment combined with a workforce who still think it’s the 1970s and spend more time on mugga or dinner than working and we’re where we’re at.

Can I refer you to a previous post of mine?
#7 In the “Gov panicking” ?
I clearly say there that Christmas, COVID, and Brexit are all part of a current import problem.
As toonsy says the M20 is nowt to do with container and China trade.
It is a Gov minister who is ignoring an obvious factor. About normal for the current administration. We have left the EU already, but they still have no idea what happens next. Sure, they have a wish list, but that is not the same as a plan.

A propos of not a lot,I recall being in a queue on the M20 and directed into Ashford Truck Stop more than once in the 1980s.This was due to volume of traffic or bad weather.I do recall,around that time,some truckers getting a bit arsey over the perception that,on occasions,car traffic was being given preference over commercial.
I also recall the much smaller concreted area in Dover docks and getting tickets handwritten from cabins at the foot of the cliffs.
Happy Days!

Travelled M20 J7 to J11 and back twice today. No more traffic than normal and actually fewer lorries in both directions.

cav551:
Travelled M20 J7 to J11 and back twice today. No more traffic than normal and actually fewer lorries in both directions.

The French ministry said Friday. Maybe as a Kent local you could keep the situation posted.
Oh, Any sightings of Moggs bogs or Boris bogs yet ?
And if you could do a quick appraisal of the Farage garage too
Send your consultancy bill direct to Boris
Thank you

Just a thought …

but could it be all the flip-flops etc. actually going home for Christmas :laughing: :laughing:

OwenMoney:

cav551:

The French ministry said Friday. Maybe as a Kent local you could keep the situation posted.
Oh, Any sightings of Moggs bogs or Boris bogs yet ?
And if you could do a quick appraisal of the Farage garage too
Send your consultancy bill direct to Boris
Thank you

We have been taking cabins into the lorry checkpoint (customs clearance?) into Ebbsfleet this week. Apparantly its rather large with facilities to suit.
** Edit** I have just googled it Ebbsfleet Inland Border Facility – Inland Border Facilities

toonsy:
Wasn’t aware Dover or the Eurotunnel were container ports?

I’ve never noticed any at either when shipping in or out?

Think Dover is now since the new cargo terminal opened, I’m not saying it’s a big/major box port but its certainly a box port now…Eurotunnel definitely isn’t tho…[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk