Berliet

michel:
An other one Tramagal with a bonnet, GLR 200 M3. Behind a Ford custom cab D serie.

Off topic (apologies) but it is an interesting fact that in this picture, presumably taken in Portugal, you see a Marina. Portugal was a good market for Austin-Rover when they were current. I am always surprised how many older A-R products you see there including Rover 45 and 75s , far more than VW or Ford products of the same era and afterwards too. At least that is my impression. I believe they sold quite a few diesel Marinas but I have neve seen one there.

Before fitting the 12-litre 240 bhp in the TLM, Berliet built the TLM 10 M3 from 1963 onwards. Fitted with the 180 bhp 9,6 litre 6-cylinder and 2 x 5 speed gearbox.

Two majestic Berliet GDM 10, registered in 1951. They probably just have loaded paper coils in a river port near Paris, maybe Gennevilliers, to take them to some printer in the city or its suburbs. Powered by a 10.7 litre 6-cylinder diesel developing 135 bhp at 1600 rpm; 5 speed main gearbox + auxiliary box giving in all 10 gears, operated with two sticks.

Berliet with sleeper-cab late 40’s.

Probably the same truck here, photographed in 2014. It had been fully restored, and is now again abandoned outside in the rain on its owner’s (Bourgey-Montreuil) premises. What a shame!

A tipper with 5 cylinders engine : GL8 M2 built from 1961 to 1963.

This truck was for a time advertised for sale on the “Bon Coin” website. There’s some patched rust above its right wing, and maybe also at other places…

Berliet with 600 bhp in 1965.

Click on pages twice to read.

I browsed this article, and it seems there’s no mention about the T 100’s engine being a ■■■■■■■■ not Berliet:
fondationberliet.org/evenem … echniques/

Concerning the “M” engines, the letter standed at first for MAN, just because Berliet fitted a MAN injection (under licence) to all their engines from 1959. Indeed, the engines fitted on the military range were “multifuel”, but one couldn’t simply put anything in the tank! Specific injectors were to be used for petrol (with spark ignition) and adjustment had to be made.

The frog prince

I remember that, a few years ago, we has exchanges on this thread (or perhaps Saviem’s Fan Club) about a couple of Berliet, such as this one, which had been used by the Greater London Council as tarmac testers. Can’t find the posts any more. Could some of you help me? Thanks.

Buzzer

1 Like

Nothing like reviving an old thread.
I have a friend who is 85, struggles with his memory but remembers certain things.

He has a recollection whilst working for F.V.R.D.E. during the 1960s of testing a Berliet truck. This was probably 1965 - 1967.
The truck was a 4x4 with a 2.5 tonne carrying capacity. The floor of the cargo bed was high. It had a multifuel engine, with a switch on the dash to change between fuels.
He thinks it had coil springs. He’s unclear if it was forward control or bonneted.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
Also,
What info can people give me on this one please

Many thanks