Berliet

Is this firm still operating? If so, new cabs must be available. Dunno how you would go about ordering/paying for/transporting them. Might have to engage the services of a professional international haulier. :laughing:
snvigroupe.dz/

robthedog:
In a bad way

Certainly the end of the journey for that one!

[zb]
anorak:
Is this firm still operating? If so, new cabs must be available. Dunno how you would go about ordering/paying for/transporting them. Might have to engage the services of a professional international haulier. :laughing:
snvigroupe.dz/

It looks they still build trucks and buses. SNVI (ex-Sonacom) is a state-owned Algerian vehicle manufacturer. They use Berliet/Renault licences for some of their products. Their main heavy truck includes a Renault KB 2400 cab and a 410 bhp ■■■■■■■ engine.

All credit to Dave Fawcett for the photos.
Oily

Froggy55:

robthedog:
In a bad way

Certainly the end of the journey for that one!

Plenty of parts to donate to restorers- interior trim, for example. Anyone who has seen that Le Centaure copy, then been disappointed with its later interior, would want those parts to be hoarded.

One of the most famous Berliet: the ’ 5 cylinders ’ GLR which has celebrated its 70 years last october. I published a book about its history .

Editions Cany on web and facebook.

TLM 10 M3 in Cuba:

youtube.com/watch?v=8r3i5GO-zvY
Footage of Venissieux, plus camions of all types on the autoroute in 1975.

Later incarnation

GLM 10 a from the 50th.

Middle weight Berliet Stradair launched in 1965 with air-suspension.

TLC 8 hauling american fridges in an american Fruehauf licensed trailer.

Interesting! I didn’t know frigidaire was a brand of General Motors!

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frigidaire

Love that steering wheel Michel, nearly vertical and as big as the windscreen, necessary for armstrong steering in those far off days. :laughing:

A friend of mine drove a Faun tank transporter in the army in Germany and he said the only way he could get it round corners was to keep blipping the accelerator to lift the weight off the front, I have done a bit of that myself in the old days too, though I had the opposite problem with an Albion built on a coach chassis, thus a long overhang at the back. Loading 2 places for 2 drops, the first drop was loaded first on the overhang, the front wheels floated for most of the time and I had to keep stamping the brakes and turn the wheel a bit at a time to get round. :unamused: :laughing:

Few paddy mobiles

Berliet-Tramagal - (ME 03 51) - Portugese Military:

Portugal, April, 1999.

Tramagal was the Portuguese branch of Berliet, and they also produced civil trucks.

A TR 250 6x4 built in Tramagal, now the factory builts Canter- Mitsubishi for Daimler-Benz.

An other one Tramagal with a bonnet, GLR 200 M3. Behind a Ford custom cab D serie.