The French company who built there own trucks

Can anyone remember who they were? they run tankers and I am sure French possibly Belgian, I also think they had a plastic cab !!

Henschell (spelling) ?

I have a truck mag with an article about these trucks,i’ll dig it out in the next couple of days.
As i recall it was a family firm that couldn’t find a truck to suit their needs and no manufacturer was prepared to make a truck to their spec. so they built their own.
Around 300 were built i think.

williemac:
Can anyone remember who they were? they run tankers and I am sure French possibly Belgian, I also think they had a plastic cab !!

The company was called Loheac SA from the 76 area and still operate today although the search facility doesnt :cry:

They built the cabs and tanks themselves although seem to have settled on Scania and Renault trucks lately

Blue chassis, white cabs?

Thank you gents !!!

Suedehead:
Henschell (spelling) ?

were German not French

Wheel Nut:
The company was called Loheac SA from the 76 area and still operate today although the search facility doesnt :cry:

They built the cabs and tanks themselves although seem to have settled on Scania and Renault trucks lately

100% correct

I remember them ; their own plasic cabs on Mack chassis’s . ‘Orrible lookin’ animals !

Did you mean these

Great Pictures !!!

Thanks that was what I was looking for

Well done KNS 64.Great pic’s !! Dad is proud of you for finding them as I was going to make a post as well. I remember seeing these trucks on a regular basis in the very early 70’s and had forgotten all about them. If my memory serves me correctly they were registered with a 75 plate and were most definitely painted in a dark silver but were unwritten. They were also Scania badged and could be seen very regularly between Rouen and Paris. I am certain that if Ainacs were to show Pat Scorey then he would vouch for what I have said.

They actually became quite modern and were still being built into the late 80’s. There was a full article about them on the more recent old forum. but I cannot find it and I cannot search over 11000 of my posts to find it, maybe David (Spardo) bookmarked it.

TIR Original:
Well done KNS 64.Great pic’s !! Dad is proud of you for finding them as I was going to make a post as well. I remember seeing these trucks on a regular basis in the very early 70’s and had forgotten all about them. If my memory serves me correctly they were registered with a 75 plate and were most definitely painted in a dark silver but were unwritten. They were also Scania badged and could be seen very regularly between Rouen and Paris. I am certain that if Ainacs were to show Pat Scorey then he would vouch for what I have said.

Hi Nobby

Pat and George Eames were in today at noon I will definitely show him next Thursday, but I remember them when I was tramping up and down to Italy from 78 onwards.

Regards Pat

I remember an article about them 25-30 years ago, they had 100’s of vehicles at that time.

georgeking:
I remember an article about them 25-30 years ago, they had 100’s of vehicles at that time.

They still have George, it is a fairly big company, many are unliveried or run in fuel company livery.

it was LOHEAC based in rouen i work for GROUPE SAMAT SA and we worked along side them,they were DAF chassis with a fibre glass cab with alluminum doors they were about 12 ton giving about 28 ton payload horrible things but good enough for the french.