beacon lights

Rikki-UK:
Just put them on…

They are virtualy worthless because so many folks now use them when not needed that the public ignore them, they stopped being a warning a long time ago, now they are just “look at me lights.”

Because of chaps using them inappropriately those guys that actually need them - slow moving vehicles/ Abnormal loads/ those that need to work or stop on live carriageways are no longer seen as a hazard

I’d never used thenN before so genuinely forgot to switch them off when comming off building sites ( why are they pointing up at the sky for :confused: , putting on there beacons , other drivers ) :blush: :blush: ,

I’ve no doubt ricki there’s plenty who put them on for the look at me scenario , but I guess I’m not the only one who just forgot to turn them off ,

Always treated orange flashing beacons as a hazard warning device.
It shows you are causing obstruction or in a dangerous place.

Helpful to warn others if used correctly

Just warns the rest of us that a plank is driving if used incorrectly

Rikki-UK:
Just put them on…

They are virtualy worthless because so many folks now use them when not needed that the public ignore them, they stopped being a warning a long time ago, now they are just “look at me lights.”

Because of chaps using them inappropriately those guys that actually need them - slow moving vehicles/ Abnormal loads/ those that need to work or stop on live carriageways are no longer seen as a hazard

1+

Thats my thought to!

Danne

I normally forget to switch mine off when leaving the quarry lol :unamused: :laughing:

saw one of those BIG quarry trucks on the back of a class 1 truck the other day, id so wanna try driving one of them looks awsome…

not sure but im guessing you need more than a class 1 licence to move them?

Surely one of your many plant licences will cover that?

Grandfather licence, only extra i done is iPAF and Counterbalance and combilift mate, hated doing IPAF, im teriffied of hiegts and they make you drive it at hight to pass test, i only deliver and collect them why to i wanna go up high■■? :open_mouth:

Excalibus:
Grandfather licence, only extra i done is iPAF and Counterbalance and combilift mate

Wooosh

I get to have a play with one of these when I am bored as we have one on the ship … ( gross weight with a grab full of logs is over 50 tons)

log loader.jpg

looks cool, the class 2 drivers at work deliver these

not got licence for them but have for

I’m hartened to see that the rules on advertising have been relaxed.

the nodding donkey:
I’m hartened to see that the rules on advertising have been relaxed.

haha I see what you did there …

the nodding donkey:
Surely one of your many plant licences will cover that?

Probably comes under MPQC skills card.
All the posts of photos of mini diggers, can you get them delivered please? Two of my loads yesterday were put on hold because the digger hadn’t arrived.

Pain in the arse to follow for a long period. Germany was worse, all abnormal loads carried at night and miles of no overtaking sat behind a bright flashing light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excalibus:
saw one of those BIG quarry trucks on the back of a class 1 truck the other day, id so wanna try driving one of them looks awsome…

dont think it will fit on a 7 1/2 tonner,but saying that i might be wrong

Excalibus:

Maybe things have changed or maybe the company didn’t care , but I worked for a company in Grantham called Wordsworth holdings who bought out aveling bar ford who made 40 ton dump trucks ( maybe larger but memory is starting to fade ) , graders , rollers etc , they would test the dump trucks up at ropsley quarry , when Wordsworth took over they wanted to cut costs and didn’t want a fitter ( who knew how to drive them ) and quality
Manager both going up to the quarry , so the story was that the quality manager volunteered to take it up himself , the story was he hit the security gatehouse on way out , and after various phone calls from residents on houghton on rd who’d had there car demolished , coppers involved he was stopped , it was all round the factory so I guess genuine
I do know for sure ( was good mate ) , fitter , that they decided to get there own low loader and get fitter mate through his HGv , he passed and took a dump truck up north and to this day has never driven a Lorry since ( maybe dump truck on site as he’s still fitting ) , but
Not a Lorry on the road
Have a search aveling bar ford . At one time they had row after row of dump trucks at depot , I was a grinder and machined all the axles , gears etc etc , just couldn’t compete with caterpillar so stopped making them
Last I remember they were doing frehauf ( is that how you spell it ) , but did go bust so not sure .

7.5t aint class 1 or 2 but some would say class 3 now as if you pass driving licence in uk now all you get is car, not even trailer… passed in 1994 so got c1e 7.5t with traller ie max 11 tonne

dont think it will fit on a 7 1/2 tonner,but saying that i might be wrong

On this thread I give up, last two posts are nothing but gibberish !!

raymundo:
On this thread I give up, last two posts are nothing but gibberish !!

hang on I’ll get my violin out… knowbody cares wat you think…
If you got nothing to add to thread dont post looking at thread menu you post rubbish on every thread.

Well actually … I dunno but I may well get the feedback from most people who matter on this forum that most people would think that you are a bit of a … dork, politely put but other offensive words are available :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: So do one sonshine !!