Bad time since Xmas

Had my best day since 28/12/12 today, when I was diagnosed with lung cancer,Saw my consultant to discuss the scan taken after radiotherapy treatment and although there is a lot of damage to the good tissue of my right lung, missing from the images was the tumor, a course of steroids starting tommorow, and hopefully back to work in Jan, Just hope the next scan in 6 months has the same images.
So Dave keep it up you will see the benifit.

@duracell, that sounds like a good result mate :smiley: We will keep off the weed together :question:

Look after yerself mate and hope you have a good Xmas with all your family :smiley:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Yeah…All the best.
Ade.

Hi Phil pleased you doing well

Nice to here Dave Penn

Hope you keeping well Ade

Well that’s 12 months of being a non-smoker and I feel really chuffed about getting this far :sunglasses:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Well done chap! :smiley:

Thanks Ade, how are thing going for you ? Good I hope ! Did you get a decent new motor on the 1st or not ?
Stay safe mate and all the best for the future :smiley: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Things are good Dave, doing mental European stuff. I’m Just back from Sweden on a 3.5 day break now. No to the new motor, a 5 year old flyer is my weapon of someone else’s choice at the mo! :sunglasses:

Well the last 2yrs have been a bit of a struggle but tomorrow is going to be the start of 48 weeks of triple combination treatment with a chemo drug, Interferon, and 2 anti-viral drugs, Ribavirin & Telaprevir, I’ve got chronic liver disease and this could be my last chance to stall the inevitable.

Regards
Dave Penn;

Be strong for her mate, she wouldnt want to look down and see you sad. Think of all the good times you had to together, and remember god only takes the best. Rest in Peace.

Hi, Dave
I read your story a month or two ago and really admired your courage and determination, especially everything you have done for your stepson. He’s very lucky to have you to give him the start in life he deserves - and help him break away from his past.
I was so sad to read your last post about your own health. Words alone cannot solve the problem, or take away the difficulties you face. Just to say, though, that I send my best hopes and wishes for you and your stepson.
Good luck, Dave, you’re an inspiration.

Hiya Buddy…I have crossed everything that I have 2 of for you. :wink: