Avoid "EPL Training" in Liverpool

Am I seeing the old reversing set up in that picture :question:

ROG:

Maybe this image can help you see the overall setup

That’s what I was training on for an entire week.

ItsJoe:

What’s wrong with it :confused:

tachograph:

ItsJoe:

What’s wrong with it :confused:

At DVSA test centres they now use a smaller area, so all that reversing I did at that yard was for nothing.

This has to be a very good reason for using a trainer with the test centre on site.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

ItsJoe:

ROG:

Maybe this image can help you see the overall setup

I am having trouble with the width between the edge lines on that pic so can anyone work it out please :question:

perhaps pushing for legislation to get trainers up to an accredited standard is something they could push for ? whats your opinion as a trainer peter ■■

Haha. I’ve been doing this since the DSA register was introduced on a voluntary basis 20 years ago. The official line is that “the government has no political will to introduce legislation at this time”. When the register was closed at the end of 2016 it was replaced by an offering from RTITB and another from NVDIR. Website is lgvregister.org.uk The first is a commercial concern with a hierarchy of officialdom. The second is a not for profit register formed, initially, by a group of 7 trainers (of which I was one). The 7 trainers were the only accredited DVSA training centres in the UK - in other words the only trainers that could be bothered to/who were capable of attaining the required standards. NVDIR has since grown and now has about 13 trainers nationwide and around 170 instructors.

Sadly, neither register is supported by most trainers as they are not able to achieve the standards for registration. Either that or cant be bothered or don’t understand the value.

So push all I like, it is an ongoing battle which wont be won in my lifetime. In the meantime, folks will continue to receive substandard training as there is no way of knowing who is good and who isn’t.

The outstandingly sad bit is that there ARE perfectly good trainers out there who have decided, for whatever reason, not to register. They don’t help the cause and the customer may or may not find them. I would urge any decent trainer to contact one of training centres on NVDIR and get themselves on it.

Apart from anything else, there are certain commercial benefits as the register is becoming recognised by government departments, MOD etc.

I am very happy to help anyone join the register and have offered to do so more than once. A good instructor will be able to pass the required tests. A trainer with the correct facilities will be able to come approved as a centre. Costs are minimal. The register, as I said, is not for profit. Indeed, it doesn’t even have a bank account as it takes no fees from anyone itself.

RTITB is a credible alternative but the testing regime is, IMO, outdated and it is much more expensive.

NVDIR is recognised by DSVA and we are in direct contact with them.

Just for information, the area should be 11 metres wide and 3.5 the length of the CAT C vehicle. It’s 4 times the length for CE but the same width. The old area size was 18 metres wide - so if that is still in use it’s miles out. But, as said, it’s difficult to say from the picture.

The container is 2.5 metres wide so assuming the side we cannot see is on the white line then that area seems to be 11 metres wide

I think ‘Brad’s’ post was very unprofessional. It paints a good picture of the company IMO.

He repeatedly calls Joe a keyboard warrior and also tells him to grow a pair of balls. The only keyboard warrior here is ‘Brad’.

I can see why Joe didn’t speak to him if this is how he handles criticism.

Joe made a criticism putting forward his side of events as a warning to anyone thinking of using the company. Exchange of information is the reason for this forum existing. Brad chose to defend his company on a public forum, which is his right to do so. However, he is the professional here and rightly or wrongly, should have rose above the level of chucking personal insults. His own attitude spoke volumes of how customers are treated by his company. Would you use the trainer having read this thread? Not to mention when you Google epl training, this thread appears for all future customers to read. I don’t know if brad is ghosting this thread, but having got the initial brainfart out of his system, he has obviously felt no need to contribute further.

google.co.uk/amp/www.liverp … 165176.amp makes interesting reading. The famous driver shortage, earn 40k a year yada yada. It’s interesting that epl is both a couple of months old and at the same time 10 years old.

My understanding of the situation is that epl recruitment is an established business which has recently branched out into a training school. I could be wrong.

We all know about agencies and the fabled driver shortage. I would like to know what the employment prospects are for new drivers in the Bootle area, and whether there is indeed a shortage in that area.

Wouldn’t touch EPL if anybody paid me to, guy seems to be a completely unprofessional tool. God help anybody who decides to go there. Better off setting fire to your money [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy from epl seems like an idiot going by his post here. But I’ve just been looking at their website and to be honest I’ve seen worse.

The c1 where it should be C+E is a silly mistake. Someone clearly didn’t do their homework or likely just got confused by the old class 1 class 2 vs the new descriptions.

The website is giving the hardsell with all the right buzzwords and graphics. But isn’t that the point of a website? Can’t knock em for that.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

The website is giving the hardsell with all the right buzzwords and graphics.

Perhaps it’s just me, but I have a strong dislike for images being used in a way designed to mislead the reader. The site shows a w+d and I think that is probably their only training vehicle. So why the Volvo artic? If it isn’t there to make folks think that it’s a training vehicle belonging to them and available to the reader, then what’s it doing on the site?

It’s a common ploy but, as I said, I personally don’t like it. The vehicles shown on my website can be found in daily use at the training centre. And surely that’s fair and honest.

One thing that worries me the most is all the success stories are 2014 of which there are three. Not too sure why they cant show any more modern ones.

Also all of them are working for the training owned agency, and they all use a template version of the “I was successful” quotes.

As for waiting for the money from the op - would imagine any training company would get paid upfront. Very illogical not to unless it on finance, but that’d be the finance company problem. At least people can makeup their own minds.

Peter Smythe:

The website is giving the hardsell with all the right buzzwords and graphics.

Perhaps it’s just me, but I have a strong dislike for images being used in a way designed to mislead the reader. The site shows a w+d and I think that is probably their only training vehicle. So why the Volvo artic? If it isn’t there to make folks think that it’s a training vehicle belonging to them and available to the reader, then what’s it doing on the site?

It’s a common ploy but, as I said, I personally don’t like it. The vehicles shown on my website can be found in daily use at the training centre. And surely that’s fair and honest.

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

I agree it can be misleading but it’s pretty common for stock images to be used to advertise. Usually with a disclaimer somewhere in tiny writing.

Speaking for myself, knowing this, I just take any image or hard sell text with a pinch of salt.

And I suppose it’s another reason to actually go visit these training providers before handing over money.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I’ll be honest I used them for a refresher and they where great, and got the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to update this, they’re taking me to court for bogus training costs and all just because I decided to complain on these very forums.

Funny, isn’t it. I paid them over £2,000 to get a class C license and then ended up getting no license, had a DVSA examiner said I had been taught “bad habits” and then got taken to court for £250 because they “forgot” to tell me before they booked another test.

ItsJoe:
Just to update this, they’re taking me to court for bogus training costs and all just because I decided to complain on these very forums.

Funny, isn’t it. I paid them over £2,000 to get a class C license and then ended up getting no license, had a DVSA examiner said I had been taught “bad habits” and then got taken to court for £250 because they “forgot” to tell me before they booked another test.

Did you get that in writing from the examiner :question: