Newbie looking for advice on training

Hi all,

I’m looking to start a training course and just looking for some advice on the best company to train with.

I live in Liverpool and i’m aware that there are a few different companies around me who do training.

I have had hgvtraining.co.uk contact me numerous times, but i believe these are brokes should i stay away from them??

I also have the Eddie Stobart training academy which is only a 15 minute drive, does anybody have any experience training with them?

Or can anybody recommend a different company local to myself that is good please?

Thank you in advance!!

Louis

Yes, hgvtraining.co.uk is a broker.

I know of the ES training academy and it looks brilliant to me though some folks knock it.

You have a very good independent near you at Flint. Name is Chevron Training.

If none of those suit you, I can help with a first class residential course.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
If none of those suit you, I can help with a first class residential course.

Wouldn’t the OP need to do second class first Pete? :wink:

LouisM:
I have had hgvtraining.co.uk contact me numerous times, but i believe these are brokes should i stay away from them??

Yes, Yes and YES!!!
Don’t touch them…

Try to visit all the trainers you shortlist and go for assessment drives if you can. You may get a recommendation about a certain trainers, but you may find you gel with a different one better.

And if you don’t find any of your locals to your liking, you’ve Pete if a residential course is an option to you…

Best of luck! :smiley:

Have you checked out the link in my signature below :question:

I did my C with ES and I’m shortly going up again to do my CE with them.

Absolutely top notch, in my experience. Plus their site is DSA credited so you do your reverse in the yard that you practice it in, and they have a DSA credited examiner too.