Atlas express

Night Runner:
Here is a couple of pics of Gold Band lorries

Is that the Perivale depot, I used to do a change over down there with Aldershot, I think the drive came from the Newhaven depot

Cargo nutter:
Blimey!! It’s really a small world sometimes isn’t it Atlas man! Yes, it was a land rover. Fred, the driver was ok- just a bit shaken. He said he couldn’t believe how slow this thing was going. He just had no chance. He’d slowed down quite a bit, but hit the thing about 20-30 mph. The cab was real caved in, but frames & engine etc were OK. A94 got a brand new cab put on by Hooleys garage up the road, but cab stripes, under bumper airdam weren’t put back on. After this though, she was a bit of a pet unit as she was really clean. One of her sister units, A97MHK was a real rotbox, in comparison.

What you think of the pics Atlas man?? Any good memories for you? I’ve loads more when I get time to do them.Take care mate.

Hi All. My father passed away last year and I was finally going through his photo’s etc and came across the one’s of his old Atlas Express truck. I typed in the reg…A97 MHK and found this site…doesn’t look much of a rot box in this pic yet though! Used to love going with him…usually when mam couldn’t find a babysitter when she went out on the town!! Hope the pics load up

Hi is that Perivale

A97MHK at Nottingham around 1987

atlas man:
Hi is that Perivale

Hi Atlas Man. I really wouldn’t know but I don’t think Dad went that far south…could be wrong though. ‘Dunstable’ always comes to mind when I think about his route!

hi all did anyone work at b/ham depot on here … worked for a few years there and wondered if there was anyone else still about :slight_smile:

Hi
This Volvo F86 LHS 725L did work out of the London depot as I used to drive it after 1975 when I passed my class 1. I used to do the Winchester trunk and sometimes onto Bournmouth on days, it was used on nights for the Warrington trunk on a changeover.
I went on to become HGV instructor alongside Joe Borg.
Alex Smith

Smithers54:
Hi
This Volvo F86 LHS 725L did work out of the London depot as I used to drive it after 1975 when I passed my class 1. I used to do the Winchester trunk and sometimes onto Bournmouth on days, it was used on nights for the Warrington trunk on a changeover.
I went on to become HGV instructor alongside Joe Borg.
Alex Smith

atlas man the mystery is solved ? but registered in Scotland how come it ended up down here ?

Thank you I wonder if they had more than one

Atlas Express Leyland Comet based at Caulfields Wharf in Window Lane, Garston, Liverpool.
Before Atlas Express took the place over, the local carrier was J.B.Caulfield.
Are there any pictures of J.B.Caulfield lorries here on Trucknet ■■.
Ray Smyth.

fsbt

1969%20atlas%20expressppg.PNG

img972.jpg

Was that a demo unit

1967 clipping.

Click on page once.

atlas express 1967 patlas.PNG

Nmp

That’s a great pic never seen them AECs like that before, which depot was that

atlas man:
That’s a great pic never seen them AECs like that before, which depot was that

The reg no’s are all Glasgow if that sheds any light.

robthedog:
Nmp

Edinburgh or Glasgow

I started at Leeds depot in 1979 we had an old L reg and an old M reg AECs never saw them on the road

Can I put this on facebook and show my mate

Atlas Express 1976.

Click on pages twice.