Lynx Express Edinburgh

I know its been a few years since they got bought over but any chance anyone worked out of there or dealt with any of the drivers on the night trunks?

My grandad worked with them for years as a night shift driver and retired there but passed away in January last year. When he retired (less than a year before they got purchased) he took myself and my brother up to the depot where we got to see his truck etc and also loads of pics which he was in.

Be interesting to know if the pictures are still around as the depot at Loanhead is now an Ikea warehouse I think or if anyone can point me in the right direction to find them.

If it helps he drove an ERF and would trunk south on the A702, M74 then M6 but my dad cant remember where his final destination was.

Your granddad might have done a trailer change at Tomlinson Road, Leyland, where Lynx had a depot.
He would not have been able to get as far as the hub at Nuneaton and return to Edinburgh. HTH!

Send damoq a pm he used to work for lynx in Scotland somewhere

axletramp:
Your granddad might have done a trailer change at Tomlinson Road, Leyland, where Lynx had a depot.
He would not have been able to get as far as the hub at Nuneaton and return to Edinburgh. HTH!

I showed my dad this message and he said that sounds right mate so thanks and I will try pm’ing damoq, cheers lads