atlas express

Hello,
This dept was at Whitchurch in Cardiff.

Hi i worked at the Leeds depot for 10 years at birstal was a good place to work lots of nice people, visited a lot of the other depots on trunk,a shame it closed

Atlas Express film from 1960 well worth a look, click here > youtube.com/watch?v=wvd5Y_maKQc

AE-001.jpg

Atlas Express 1.jpg
Atlas Express 2.jpg

Hi, just wondering if anyone worked in the offices at Salford- blackfriars Bridge? Thankyou

found on the net,no idea where it is though

It looks like it is Cardiff Depot in Llandaff.

This is the same place being demolished in 1984

Atlas Express :slight_smile: Now that brings back memories…I started at 18 years old on the loading bank at the Tarpots Benfleet depot…then they put me through my class 3 and then my class 1(passed both first time :open_mouth: ),for both of these I had to go to the Rotherithe depot for training and if I remember rightly both tests were taken at Edmonton…I ended up night trunking to Leigh Delamere services and then the depot north of Leicester…i left them when they shut Benfleet and moved it all to Basildon (cant remember which year)
Happy Days :smiley: :smiley:

I cant remember were all the depots are but I know there was a lot of duplication when United Carriers bought Atlas Express.

That one certainly looks like the norm for the depots though. I think the worst one we had was Walsall Wood, it was a right pain with an artic to do a changeover.

The only ones I remember are Benfleet,Dunstable,Neasden,Rotherhithe,Markfield and I think there was one in Barnstable

I worked for Atlas Express at Rotherhithe in 1978.
The road test for the job consisted of driving the dock foreman(Bernie)up Jamaica Rd.Parking neatly,buying him a pint,then driving back.
Happy days. :smiley:

Cheers for all the replies, seems they were a good co. to work for…
Worked for Fitzmaurice over 25years ago now but was my job to deliver around Ipswich then go to the Atlas depot at Spraughton, Ipswich and reload back to Norwich. Happy days indeed…