Aston Clinton Haulage

Yeah,Norbet is real. A few years ago the French goverment called him in to organise Army Logistics…As well as helping his Mum feed the chickens… :laughing:

As has been said already Norbert is a real person,when I worked for him we had a little red book of out of hours phone numbers for emergency contact,and even Norberts home and mobile were listed.As malcolmj said he is based at St Vallier near Lyon,his first employee was Daniel Lettard who joined Norbert when he bought his second truck and was pulling round timber out of the forrests in 1979,Daniel is now vice president of ND and his brother Gilles was(is) running the UK operation.

Aston Clinton Haulage, used to be known by the none too flattering name of Aids, Crabs & Herpes for some reason. :wink: :smiley:

David Miller:
Question: Is there a real, breathing person called Norbert Dentressangle or is it just a figment of the publicity company’s imagination?

cherche-midi.com/Fr/catalogu … sp?bio=381

Coffeeholic:
Aston Clinton Haulage, used to be known by the none too flattering name of Aids, Crabs & Herpes for some reason. :wink: :smiley:

I think the ACH drivers named it that after their bosses. The son had one dirty trick he used to pull on the lads . When a driver was in Italy or somewhere the Son of ACH would ring him & say ." See me in the office when you get back." He had such a grip on the drivers that they used to worry themselves silly until they got back .Only to find that he would ask them when they wanted their holiday or something trivial…Scrote… :smiling_imp: I hope those days never come back…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

• SCROTE

its catching Harry :wink: :wink: til some scrote clocks it and adds it to the auto edit

There is a bloke called Norbert Dentressangle because I met him in a depot near Apt. he was playing up hell because I had to wait for some of his minions to come in and give me my loading details.

Aston Clinton Haulage was more commonly known as Andy Capp Haulage and the name comes from the village where they were based. Aston Clinton in Bucks.

I regularally meet them at aosta on teusdays when running italy they had some good blokes on there then what happened to dave mortimer and the rest of them.

Yeah ,youre right Alf. I got along alright with them. Used to see one of em regularly loading Hilti ,Lichtenstein.

Does Gentleman George Ghinn still work for Norbert ACH?

yep i thought they were the dog’s danglies when i was a kid with their 142s and Gobstoppers - always immaculate

I was working there about 2 years ago and he had left by then,but I do remember him from past when doing subbing work for ACH we had many a night out in Italy (the Avon factory) and on route back thro France and he was a right gentleman. the owners of ACH were the Fowlers I think

If it’s the George i am thinking of(Sorry dont know his surname), then he left Norberts in 2003, and went onto RPL in Milton keynes for a short while, then he left and i dont know of his whereabouts since then.

MalcolmJ - Yes ACH was run by the Fowlers, it was an okay job when the Old Man Fowler was in charge, but once he handed it down to his boy David it fell apart.

About this time last year i was coming through Stone(where ACH used to be based) and there was an immaculate F12 Globetrotter and matching 40ft Tilt in ACH’s colours parked by the pub having some photo’s taken. I wanted to stop and have a look but there is nowhere to stop round there.

Yes,thats it; George. & he was a real gentleman.

George’s wife left him,so he had no alternative but to come off long distance driving. He is now driving around in a small van reading meters for a gas company. He was looking well when i saw him at Howard Leightons funeral last month. Howard was also an old middle east hand and ex nobby driver who never recovered from the injuries he received when he fell off their trailer in france.regs jamie.

M&C Jamie:
George’s wife left him,so he had no alternative but to come off long distance driving. He is now driving around in a small van reading meters for a gas company. He was looking well when i saw him at Howard Leightons funeral last month. Howard was also an old middle east hand and ex nobby driver who never recovered from the injuries he received when he fell off their trailer in france.regs jamie.

Cheers for that mate, Its always good to know what happens to a bloke who I have respect for.

Without George I wold never have done half the work I did… But its a long story

F913HWL came our way
Pictures before and after repaint

Once bought a load of kitchen packs out of ACH globe trotters, don’t why they took them out but we refitted them in our trucks, cheers buzzer.

Buzzer:
Once bought a load of kitchen packs out of ACH globe trotters, don’t why they took them out but we refitted them in our trucks, cheers buzzer.

Can I show my ignorance and ask “What are kitchen packs” ?

Big Leggy:

Buzzer:

Can I show my ignorance and ask “What are kitchen packs” ?

These as were fitted to Globetrotters