Asda Avonmouth

dozy:
it doesn’t matter who does the job , it’s just a Lorry , driver , store delivery , it’s a bloody joke when some are having to do 70 hrs x 5 days and some are 36 hrs x 4 days :unamused: :unamused: , twice as much work , hours a week , how can that be fair :exclamation: :exclamation: , it’s bloody discrimination , boils my ■■■■

If you’re referring to our place then basically those that do long hours choose to they don’t have to as you put it, those that are on a 36 hr contract either choose it or if not there’s more than enough times where they can add to their hours.

dozy:
36 hr weeks :unamused: :unamused: it’s no wonder when ever I go in asda the shelfs are half empty with the drivers only working part - time , can’t see sainsburys management allowing them to get away with that when they take over , 36 hrs weeks , I do that nearly in 2 days :exclamation: :exclamation:

There we have it. One of the many reasons that the haulage industry is ■■■■■■.

It is idiots like you, who not only accept running round with your arse on fire all day and take every last hour that the planner throws at you but actually want to work in such a manner while also taking a ■■■■ hourly rate, that are the reason for this crazy culture of 60- and 70-hour weeks.

How does it go again? That’s it… drivers are their own worst enemy. Always have been and always will be.

Olog Hai:

dozy:
36 hr weeks :unamused: :unamused: it’s no wonder when ever I go in asda the shelfs are half empty with the drivers only working part - time , can’t see sainsburys management allowing them to get away with that when they take over , 36 hrs weeks , I do that nearly in 2 days :exclamation: :exclamation:

There we have it. One of the many reasons that the haulage industry is [zb].

It is idiots like you, who not only accept running round with your arse on fire all day and take every last hour that the planner throws at you but actually want to work in such a manner while also taking a [zb] hourly rate, that are the reason for this crazy culture of 60- and 70-hour weeks.

How does it go again? That’s it… drivers are their own worst enemy. Always have been and always will be.

I don’t why anybody listens to that idiot.

dozy:
it doesn’t matter who does the job , it’s just a Lorry , driver , store delivery , it’s a bloody joke when some are having to do 70 hrs x 5 days and some are 36 hrs x 4 days :unamused: :unamused: , twice as much work , hours a week , how can that be fair :exclamation: :exclamation: , it’s bloody discrimination , boils my ■■■■

Some people work just 10-30hours per week,eat cheap food,use cheap food but happy much more that lorry drivers with 35 k

TiredAndEmotional:

Olog Hai:

dozy:

There we have it. One of the many reasons that the haulage industry is [zb].

It is idiots like you, who not only accept running round with your arse on fire all day and take every last hour that the planner throws at you but actually want to work in such a manner while also taking a [zb] hourly rate, that are the reason for this crazy culture of 60- and 70-hour weeks.

I don’t why anybody listens to that idiot.

No, but sometimes he posts something that is ridiculously stupid even by his standards.

truckerrr:
Hi guys,

Anyone know how long it takes from application stage to (hopefully) being called for an interview?

Saw the job advertised last week so quickly got in there and applied for it, but it keeps telling me to check back online to check progress, but it’s been 5 days and it doesn’t even look like they’ve viewed my application yet.

Also, anyone here work for Asda? I’ve only heard good things, but not much about Avonmouth - good pay etc?

I’m looking for night work and i’ve heard that Bristol depot is nights only, so I hope that’s the case as the job add wasn’t too clear. Thanks in advance.

I saw the driver trainer this morning they’ve just started sifting through them so don’t worry it all takes time.

Slightly off topic

Dozy what football team do you support ■■

bald bloke:

truckerrr:
Hi guys,

Anyone know how long it takes from application stage to (hopefully) being called for an interview?

Saw the job advertised last week so quickly got in there and applied for it, but it keeps telling me to check back online to check progress, but it’s been 5 days and it doesn’t even look like they’ve viewed my application yet.

Also, anyone here work for Asda? I’ve only heard good things, but not much about Avonmouth - good pay etc?

I’m looking for night work and i’ve heard that Bristol depot is nights only, so I hope that’s the case as the job add wasn’t too clear. Thanks in advance.

I saw the driver trainer this morning they’ve just started sifting through them so don’t worry it all takes time.

Thank mate, i was beginning to lose hope - my online bit still says ‘application received’ and not ‘application being reviewed’ but hopefully it will update soon! fingers crossed they’re recruiting quite a few drivers to give me a better chance! :wink:

nick2008:
Slightly off topic

He supports the blue bit of Bristol for some strange reason.

truckerrr:

bald bloke:

truckerrr:
Hi guys,

Thank mate, i was beginning to lose hope - my online bit still says ‘application received’ and not ‘application being reviewed’ but hopefully it will update soon! fingers crossed they’re recruiting quite a few drivers to give me a better chance! :wink:

If ASDA are anything like Wal Mart here in the states then they could call you anytime. They processed my application in a week but i know some drivers applied and didn’t hear anything then got a call a couple of months later from them asking them if they can come in for an interview so, as BaldBloke said they take their sweet time :astonished: :confused:

remy:

truckerrr:

bald bloke:

truckerrr:
Hi guys,

If ASDA are anything like Wal Mart here in the states then they could call you anytime. They processed my application in a week but i know some drivers applied and didn’t hear anything then got a call a couple of months later from them asking them if they can come in for an interview so, as BaldBloke said they take their sweet time :astonished: :confused:

ahh that’s a pain :frowning: still not heard anything! I have 4 hour tesco assessment and interview tomorrow though - anyone got any tips? I don’t really know what to expect

bald bloke:

nick2008:
Slightly off topic

That explains everything about him then

nick2008:

bald bloke:

nick2008:
Slightly off topic

:laughing: Gas Heads , just surprised he didn’t have that for his username , then again :unamused:

flat to the mat:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

nick2008:
Slightly off topic

:laughing: Gas Heads , just surprised he didn’t have that for his username , then again :unamused:

Well I guess it just wasn’t to be - Asda have said that they won’t take me on as I have no experience (just passed class 1 but have years and years of class 2) and Tesco interview that I had today lasted all of 10 minutes as I have an expired CD10 on my licence… tried to do agency work but no1 will touch me without a license that the DVLA have. Just need a break and preferably a company who don’t care about no experience or expired points. :cry:

truckerrr:
Well I guess it just wasn’t to be - Asda have said that they won’t take me on as I have no experience (just passed class 1 but have years and years of class 2) and Tesco interview that I had today lasted all of 10 minutes as I have an expired CD10 on my licence… tried to do agency work but no1 will touch me without a license that the DVLA have. Just need a break and preferably a company who don’t care about no experience or expired points. :cry:

Have you tried Culina round the corner?

How long until the cd10 comes off your licence?

nick2008:

truckerrr:

I’ll be surprised if they take him on but no harm in trying .

nick2008:

truckerrr:

I haven’t no - I have a mate who works there and he says he gets called in at the last minute and never knows what shift he’s doing or where he’s going until the night before and that puts me off a bit :confused:

selby newcomer:
How long until the cd10 comes off your licence?

it expired in April but will be completely gone in April 2019. It say’s I currently have 0 points on my licence when I do the online check but I guess that’s not good enough for some companies

bald bloke:

nick2008:

truckerrr:

I’ll be surprised if they take him on but no harm in trying .

i’m not even gonna try tbh, not keen on how they work, plus I doubt they’ll have me anyway