Anyone work /worked for these guys?

It’s gonna be sole destroying when the poor chap logs on to see you all making a mackerely of his question…

Don’t be koi, just go for it, you’ll have a whale of a time

Don’t spend more than twenty squid on travel expenses.

Hah PMSL, English is not my first language and may be that’s why I always find it hilarious when you guys play with the words. Long time ago someone asked about a job transporting glass and someone replied “it’s good but you not allowed a break, but you feel shattered” [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bream job? I trout it…

My mate Rod has just left there.

Got offered a job straight away on the hooks. Spends most of his day hanging around doing nothing.

Po_tenchly a good career move.

Wonder if there is a mix of drivers or its mainly poles?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Old John:
Well, as Harry Monkfish has said, it seems an ok plaice to work, so if I were you I’d scampi round sharpish.
When you tuna the corner into the yard, ask for John Dory, he’ll allocate a truck for you and show you what to fillet with. Make sure you ask how many squid a week they pay in case it makes you crabby.
Hope you don’t flounder, but you can always skate off to a new plaice.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

It guppy a good job, best get your skates on if you want a start. :smiley:

Ignore this lot as they all talk a load of old Scallops.

:laughing: walked right into this didnt i ?

Give em a bell, t.m.'s called Ray, …but watch him when he works out your hours he tends to sting you. :bulb:

Razz68:
:lol: walked right into this didnt i ?

You shoal did.

Poor guy looks for advice and just gets codswallop.

I have worked for them for the last four years and tbh they aren’t a bad company to work for. Have been in business for over 80 years and are still owned by the same family.
Work wise, it depends on what you are applying for.
Vans, 7.5t and class 2 work is mostly multi drop work delivering to Fish and Chip shops. If it’s class 1 work then it would be trunking to the smaller depots around the country. Some of the trunkers collect fish out of Grimsby or do bulk deliveries to wholesalers on the way back to Hull. I have done multi drop work for other food companies including Brakes and this is nowhere near as sole (sorry!) destroying.
On another note, the fish is all frozen so you don’t have to put up with the smell!

mattyboy:
I have worked for them for the last four years and tbh they aren’t a bad company to work for. Have been in business for over 80 years and are still owned by the same family.
Work wise, it depends on what you are applying for.
Vans, 7.5t and class 2 work is mostly multi drop work delivering to Fish and Chip shops. If it’s class 1 work then it would be trunking to the smaller depots around the country. Some of the trunkers collect fish out of Grimsby or do bulk deliveries to wholesalers on the way back to Hull. I have done multi drop work for other food companies including Brakes and this is nowhere near as sole (sorry!) destroying.
On another note, the fish is all frozen so you don’t have to put up with the smell!

Don’t believe you actually work for them, it all sounds a bit fishy to me.
That’s my last joke on this subject, seeing as it’s my third in a roe.
Dammit I just can’t help myself. :smiley:

Is it on a had-dock basis? Whats the bass-line figures? Is it a grouper-age firm? I bet the job will be “Brill” is it cash on delivery (Cod) youll be “bream-ing” with confidence if you get the job.
What’s the pay like…about 10 squid an hour? I love to be out on the roe-d a lot.

Sorry got carried away…used to be a fishmonger lol

Nice to hear of a long standing family business that is not floundering

I’ve heard it can be a bit sole destroying.