Scott trawlers

Just been reading commercial motor and I see they have had there o licence revoked.

What does this mean for them as a haulier?
Can they simply appoint a new manager and apply for an o licence in his name or is it a bit more complicated?

Crazy. I bet they were on top shilling for that fish work, some people are never happy.

The owners will have to pay someone else to become a director of a new company and employ a new transport manager and then apply for a new licence as any persons linked the old firm or o licence will not have a chance in hell of getting a new o licence.

That or get a load of subbies in to cover the work and take their finders fee off the top, wether they’ll pressure the subbies to run as bent as they obviously did or not is another matter.

Now where’s the phone book… :grimacing:

Just read the article, he’s a “canny” lad by the sounds of it and the parent firm still has it’s licence all be it that’s suspended for the time being.

He’ll get some other “up for it” lads in to do the work in the mean time as it wasn’t just transport but he owns the fishing firm as well so in no danger of losing his work.

I once worked for a guy doing the fish out of Scotland.
Though he never expected me to run bent, he was at it every trip he did, so do a lot of the fish drivers.
This guy would leave the central belt of Scotland late afternoon, drive overnight to boulogne overnight via the train, tip next morning then drive to his collection point that could be anywhere in northern France or Belgium, reload and be somewhere in the south of England by that afternoon. He would then tip and go for his reload back north before he would sleep.
By the next morning he would have reloaded driven back to Scotland, tipped and be back in the yard within 36 hours.
Their are plenty of fish transport companies like that.

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.928500,-3.270109
It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

Bloody hell, you could only do that as a young 'un. All well and good till you kill yourself or someone else and end up in chokey.

Silver_Surfer:
Crazy. I bet they were on top shilling for that fish work, some people are never happy.

The owners will have to pay someone else to become a director of a new company and employ a new transport manager and then apply for a new licence as any persons linked the old firm or o licence will not have a chance in hell of getting a new o licence.

That or get a load of subbies in to cover the work and take their finders fee off the top, wether they’ll pressure the subbies to run as bent as they obviously did or not is another matter.

Now where’s the phone book… :grimacing:

didn’t another scottish company do that when they lost their O Licence, see lots of motors around in their colours, but have their own name on the back of the cab :wink:

Well, it kept David in a racing car so all’s well that ends well.

Silver_Surfer:

you worked out who i was referring to then :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That was in the local rag last week…just another firm with flash motors running bent.

What a surprise!

shuttlespanker:

Silver_Surfer:

you worked out who i was referring to then :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

a think you,ll find its a big company from collumpton with brown trucks that have a large finger in that pie, :wink: if you know who i mean.

weewulliewinkie:

shuttlespanker:

Silver_Surfer:

a think you,ll find its a big company from collumpton with brown trucks that have a large finger in that pie, :wink: if you know who i mean.

I didn’t know the big G had something to do with them. Starting to smell fishy.

mucker85:

weewulliewinkie:

shuttlespanker:

Silver_Surfer:

Mucker, the big G is not for Scotts Trawlers, it is for the other company that lost their licence but hired subbies to run in their own colours :wink:

mucker85:

weewulliewinkie:

shuttlespanker:

Silver_Surfer:

Has done fore a while noo…hence them pulling all the Gregory Trailers rather than going out of biz as they might have done. :wink:

Nothing suprising about the lochfoot crew ,i thought they would have been found out yrs ago.

and for ^peter perfects^ brother & fathers company …they brought a s …storm down on a lot o people. :imp: :imp:

Silver_Surfer:
Just read the article, he’s a “canny” lad by the sounds of it and the parent firm still has it’s licence all be it that’s suspended for the time being.

He’ll get some other “up for it” lads in to do the work in the mean time as it wasn’t just transport but he owns the fishing firm as well so in no danger of losing his work.

wouldnt that be own acct then if he was hauling his own fish?

Yeah. Gregs own HC now, have done for a year or so.

Scotts would have been own account but would have still needed a standard national licence for the back loads i’d have thought unless they didn’t bother which with the state of most of the rates wouldn’t surprise me.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
I once worked for a guy doing the fish out of Scotland.
Though he never expected me to run bent, he was at it every trip he did, so do a lot of the fish drivers.
This guy would leave the central belt of Scotland late afternoon, drive overnight to boulogne overnight via the train, tip next morning then drive to his collection point that could be anywhere in northern France or Belgium, reload and be somewhere in the south of England by that afternoon. He would then tip and go for his reload back north before he would sleep.
By the next morning he would have reloaded driven back to Scotland, tipped and be back in the yard within 36 hours.
Their are plenty of fish transport companies like that.

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.928500,-3.270109
It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy

Still a normal few days work for many!

Silver_Surfer:
Yeah. Gregs own HC now, have done for a year or so.

Scotts would have been own account but would have still needed a standard national licence for the back loads i’d have thought unless they didn’t bother which with the state of most of the rates wouldn’t surprise me.

Scotts had an International O Licence as they were doing loads for others when the boats were at sea, seems they cleaned up their act, my mate worked there last year and everything was 100%, out for a fortnight running Bolougne and Brittany, 24hrs off when away and then home to have your 45 plus what was owed from the previous weekend. He would probably still be there if the scallop quotas hadn’t been slashed last November and they paid all the drivers off bar 2.

I know Andy Scott …and can tell you he is a good operator…Running top class equipment and he is no fool
so he will bounce back from this…and Scottie above has it about right with the Scallop quotas.
Its common knowledge the work the fish boys do is “Time” sensitive…has been for years and is all to do
with the best Fish being sold to the foreign markets and indeed meat as the British do not seem to
want to pay the prices…apart from a few select places.
Best of luck to Andy.

the way they are running seems prety tame.
it should be a slapped wrist at most.
breaking the odd rule, and not getting caught is part of the game.
isn’t it? :open_mouth: