Scott trawlers

cfw, you do make me laugh, not a days work in you, big m was glad to see the back of you…

Lrm

I think it’s just the falsification of charts which will get you an instant revocation even if it’s only a few, that and trying to tinker with fuses/wires.

If you have a fair old number of infringements, it will just be a fine and a warning unless you’re proper taking the ■■■■.

Theres only 2 vehicles now anyways so the 2nd O’Licence which has been revoked for a week and down to 4 lorries will do them no harm at all…

LRM:
cfw, you do make me laugh, not a days work in you, big m was glad to see the back of you…

Lrm

LRM if you paid more you would have the best of drivers like me instead of andy scott cast offs like present :grimacing:

Neville:
I know Andy Scott …and can tell you he is a good operator…Running top class equipment and he is no fool
so he will bounce back from this…and Scottie above has it about right with the Scallop quotas.
Its common knowledge the work the fish boys do is “Time” sensitive…has been for years and is all to do
with the best Fish being sold to the foreign markets and indeed meat as the British do not seem to
want to pay the prices…apart from a few select places.
Best of luck to Andy.

well said Neville, I dont know this fella, seems as if hes being punished for a few odd mishapps… it happens we all know the score… whats different with this fella is that hes a fish merchant also… not a general haulier… own trucks to ship his loads… fresh produce has to arrive for the market we all know…its some drive from scotland so the fish arrive…it happens… but to lose ye o licence? bit harsh in my book

theres worse out there… gettin away with it…one fella in Warrington recently sold a few top of the range Scanias/Fridges via Malcom H…eye waterin stuff in the way he ran… :unamused:

Still goin… :open_mouth:

Why don’t the mods split this thread into a Haydn Coulthard thread? they are being tarred by Scotts Trawlers :grimacing:

I think that tar dried about 20 years ago.

Silver_Surfer:

ahh but WN lives permanently in the past, he has been everywhere, done everything, expert on all subjects and all industries, the best internet trawler there has ever been, he must be older than Methuselah :smiley: :smiley:

green456:

Silver_Surfer:

ahh but WN lives permanently in the past, he has been everywhere, done everything, expert on all subjects and all industries, the best internet trawler there has ever been, he must be older than Methuselah :smiley: :smiley:

Not at all, it has been covered on these forums many times, it just seems some have an issue legitimately naming companies

This Methuselah chap. I am sure I have heard of him, who did he drive for? :wink:

The ‘Lord’ himself…

Wheel Nut:
This Methuselah chap. I am sure I have heard of him, who did he drive for? :wink:

He was your apprentice on the ark. :smiley: :smiley:

scottie0011:

Silver_Surfer:
Yeah. Gregs own HC now, have done for a year or so.

Scotts would have been own account but would have still needed a standard national licence for the back loads i’d have thought unless they didn’t bother which with the state of most of the rates wouldn’t surprise me.

Scotts had an International O Licence as they were doing loads for others when the boats were at sea, seems they cleaned up their act, my mate worked there last year and everything was 100%, out for a fortnight running Bolougne and Brittany, 24hrs off when away and then home to have your 45 plus what was owed from the previous weekend. He would probably still be there if the scallop quotas hadn’t been slashed last November and they paid all the drivers off bar 2.

your mate must have been on drugs when he worked for mr scott i,ve been there n bought the t shirt and not to long ago why do you think vosa were sniffing about it were not because scott was running legal

Fish haulage is a young mans game - I was there for 5 years and it was cruel work - fish out of Ireland North and South to the markets in Hull , Fleetwood ,Grimsby and beyond to France and Spain. Never had any trouble going to sleep when hauling fish .
I can’t comment on Scott trawlers and how they worked their lorries but I do know that the Scania they had /have with the straight through pipe made one hell of a roar when passing you with a load of fish on around Carlisle or Penrith. nice to listen to for a couple of minutes but I’d doubt I’d want to listen to it all the way to Spain and back.

Seen that very Scania running down the M42 the other night.

bigjohn78:
Seen that very Scania running down the M42 the other night.

There were two of them at the fleece last night pulling scottrawl fridges.

beefy4605:
the Scania they had /have with the straight through pipe

I followed that one into Penzance a few months ago,i would imagine he was going to load out of Newlyn.
I was in an empty 6.5t van and couldn’t keep with him off roundabouts etc.

Made a nice sound but being driven like that,i wouldn’t want the fuel bill.