Anyone here had the covid antibody test?

If you’re average healthy you may catch it and have a horrible week in bed, but after that you’re good to go.

That is certainly NOT true. There have been plenty healthy people that have suffered badly and even died. If you overweight you are far more likely to have serious issues and let’s face it the UK is not the slimest nation.

Just yesterday I was reading about a Uk doctor around the age of 50 who because of the virus had a problem with his heart. It started beating really fast and he had to be rushed into hospital to have it fixed. An older person may not have survived.

The majority of us stick to the rules and take it seriously understanding the consequences then we have the conspiracy theorists and the ones that can’t be arsed because they think it won’t affect them (selfish and generally younger people)

All the people moaning about the economy don’t seem to realise if we don’t stick to the rules now and suppress the virus the longer term effects will be far worse.

It’s completely understandable people are fed up with it all but to ignore it and make out it’s all a hoax is just plain crazy.

Grandpa:

Franglais:

Grandpa:

Franglais:

Grandpa:
I had the NHS one when working in private nursing. Came back negative and result was by email within 48 hours. Haven’t met anyone who has tested positive, but know two people who had it and both fully recovered.

It’s a particularly nasty form of flu with the same symptoms and although many can catch it, its mortality rate is minimal, around 0.03% I believe. The danger is for the elderly who have a weak immune system and those with respiratory illnesses such as asthma or bronchitis. If you’re average healthy you may catch it and have a horrible week in bed, but after that you’re good to go.

Mortality rate 0.03% ?
Source please?
That is remarkably low figure of all the ones being thrown around. Because C19 is a new disease, testing is far from good yet, and If no one accurately knows how many cases there are then any mortality rate is only an estimate. However, 0.03% is much less than most.
C19 doesn’t have “The same symptoms as the flu”
who.int/emergencies/disease … t=symptoms
(The flu normally has a running or blocked nose, often absent with COVID 19.)
The WHO site talks more about the death rate too.
There is a heightened risk for those with respiratory problems, but it would be misleading to say that only those people, and the elderly are at risk:
scientificamerican.com/arti … -covid-19/
Much more of this and about the long term effects of C19 is available in reputable articles.

Oh no, not you again :slight_smile:
Read the Barrington declaration and also learn to separate fact from fiction.

Every so often we get a doomsday prophecy. People will remember Al Gore and his ice caps melting undeniable ‘scientific’ proof that the world would flood in 2015. Before that of course, we had the new coming ice age in the 70/80’s. Following all that we had Greta and her 12 years before the world fries to a crisp, or we all freeze to death depending on which belief side of the extinction rebellion you’re on. In between, we had the MERS, SARS, swine flu, bird flu, we’ll starve if we leave the EU, Russians invading Europe and all the rest of it.

It’s a succession of belief based virtual reality horror and we love it. We even do cosplay on this one, dressing up in Tesco loose fitting paper masks and standing a hop, skip and jump from each other.

A little while ago I did a piece on the covid flu, so to save me rambling on, have a read. I followed it with a first satirical piece, which is part of a trilogy of political satire. No need to download, just scroll down to read both.

(PDF) The Great British Coronavirus Flu Hoax | John V Asia Teacher - Academia.edu
https://www.academia.edu/44336833/WTF_Featuring_Our_New_Covid_Times

Academia.edu?
A commercial website publishing no peer reviewed or edited articles.
Under current rules it wouldn’t qualify as a.edu domain.
0.03% mortality source?
Barrington!

They’re my articles, not for commercial gain, they’re free to read. Would you like to point me to something you’ve published, or are you going to keep stamping your foot and rely on the government version and mass-media?

The ‘Barrington Declaration’, don’t be lazy, look it up and read it. Dear me, if the government told you the only way to protect yourself against flu was to put your head in a bucket of water and breathe deeply, come on be honest, you’d do it, wouldn’t you. [emoji38]

0.03% mortality rate?
Academia.edu is a commercial site.
It doesn’t charge readers, but does charge publishers. There is no editorial oversight or peer reviews.
It wouldn’t qualify for the “edu” handle if was started now.
I have read Barrington, and why you assume I haven’t isn’t clear. But you do seem to assume many things with little or absolutely no evidence.
Barrington was largely discredited by the majority of the academic community when it was first published. Since then it has been criticised by many reputable scientists.

jakethesnake:
If you’re average healthy you may catch it and have a horrible week in bed, but after that you’re good to go.

That is certainly NOT true. There have been plenty healthy people that have suffered badly and even died. If you overweight you are far more likely to have serious issues and let’s face it the UK is not the slimest nation.

Just yesterday I was reading about a Uk doctor around the age of 50 who because of the virus had a problem with his heart. It started beating really fast and he had to be rushed into hospital to have it fixed. An older person may not have survived.

The majority of us stick to the rules and take it seriously understanding the consequences then we have the conspiracy theorists and the ones that can’t be arsed because they think it won’t affect them (selfish and generally younger people)

All the people moaning about the economy don’t seem to realise if we don’t stick to the rules now and suppress the virus the longer term effects will be far worse.

It’s completely understandable people are fed up with it all but to ignore it and make out it’s all a hoax is just plain crazy.

If you’re overweight then by definition you are not healthy don’t fall for the fat is healthy mantra put about by people with no self control over what they stuff into their mouths.

Mazzer2:

jakethesnake:

If you’re overweight then by definition you are not healthy don’t fall for the fat is healthy mantra put about by people with no self control over what they stuff into their mouths.

No Jake, there haven’t been plenty of healthy people that have died, which is why when someone does it makes news headlines. The virus is a respiratory disease, not a coronary one.

There is a high risk of catching the flu virus, but a minimal risk of dying from it and the media magic is to try to convince you that those who have it are likely to die, which they haven’t. If you are overweight you’re more likely to suffer from diabetes or a heart condition and not the flu.

Jake, you can’t suppress a flu which is what the virus is. You can’t make it go away by wearing silly paper masks, or rules that say you can’t go in a pub unless it serves food (is the flu inactive whilst you’re eating?), or in Wales where you can now buy alcohol but not a pair of trousers.

You’re just parroting the same media hype behind all the previous doomsday predictions which all attracted the ‘we’re doomed’ crowd. People are not dying in their millions, but the economy is being wrecked.

cgscott:
I had a kit sent out 2 days ago. Done sample yesterday and sent away to a lab down south.

Just wondering if anyones done it and what the results were?

I’ve had the normal covid test done which they send to your house. I just ran the swab under the tap, sealed it and sent it off.

Just got the results back saying its positive.

I wouldn’t trust them to be honest. They seem to sending a positive result to everyone

Grandpa:

Mazzer2:

jakethesnake:

No Jake, there haven’t been plenty of healthy people that have died, which is why when someone does it makes news headlines. The virus is a respiratory disease, not a coronary one.

There is a high risk of catching the flu virus, but a minimal risk of dying from it and the media magic is to try to convince you that those who have it are likely to die, which they haven’t. If you are overweight you’re more likely to suffer from diabetes or a heart condition and not the flu.

Jake, you can’t suppress a flu which is what the virus is. You can’t make it go away by wearing silly paper masks, or rules that say you can’t go in a pub unless it serves food (is the flu inactive whilst you’re eating?), or in Wales where you can now buy alcohol but not a pair of trousers.

You’re just parroting the same media hype behind all the previous doomsday predictions which all attracted the ‘we’re doomed’ crowd. People are not dying in their millions, but the economy is being wrecked.

Maybe you should read this…

elemental.medium.com/coronaviru … 4032481ab2

Just received a text via phone stating i dont have antibodies therefor i probably havent had covid.

I sent test away signed sealed 27th october. Tracked as received on 28th. Got messege today.

In said messege it states test was done 23rd october.

I am going to speak to phone the lab amd try collaberate on when test was done and why its says different in messege from NHS.

Follow up soon.

Logically the postal tests (not antibody) mean that people are going out to post them back potentially with Covid-19, or have I missed something?

Noremac:
Logically the postal tests (not antibody) mean that people are going out to post them back potentially with Covid-19, or have I missed something?

^^^
I wasn’t talking about your test chief.

That is a totally unfair statement. There are many overweight people which is not caused by overeating. Other health issues cause people to be overweight.

Read it. Jake, stop what you’re doing for a minute and start thinking for yourself instead. We’ve now gone from a respiratory flu that could, maybe, possible, might, kill millions to blaming it for causing heart disease? (FFS :unamused:). How about it being responsible for a broken leg; that would push the numbers up?

Look around you Jake. There are no bodies lying on the floors of A&E departments, there are no burial pits and the ‘Nightingale’ hospitals are empty. The only thing keeping all this going are the people who’ve bought into the media scare stories.

The world is not going to end in climate change in 12 years’ time. The earth isn’t flat despite what the flat earth society are telling you, Brexit doesn’t mean you’ll starve and if you’re an averagely fit bod, you have more chance of winning the lottery than dying of flu.

jakethesnake:

That is a totally unfair statement. There are many overweight people which is not caused by overeating. Other health issues cause people to be overweight.

Carefully gentlemen, please.[emoji3]
Generally “fat is healthy”, is nonsense, can we agree?
That statement may well be used as an excuse by those with no will power?
There are also many who are over weight, but not because of their lack of control?
No contradictions here.

Grandpa:

Read it. Jake, stop what you’re doing for a minute and start thinking for yourself instead. We’ve now gone from a respiratory flu that could, maybe, possible, might, kill millions to blaming it for causing heart disease? (FFS :unamused:). How about it being responsible for a broken leg; that would push the numbers up?

Look around you Jake. There are no bodies lying on the floors of A&E departments, there are no burial pits and the ‘Nightingale’ hospitals are empty. The only thing keeping all this going are the people who’ve bought into the media scare stories.

The world is not going to end in climate change in 12 years’ time. The earth isn’t flat despite what the flat earth society are telling you, Brexit doesn’t mean you’ll starve and if you’re an averagely fit bod, you have more chance of winning the lottery than dying of flu.

I have read it thanks and I tend to believe Professors and Doctors before anybody on here.I am sure they are not all making it up for fun or to scaremonger. Sorry but you and plenty others are being very naive in my opinion.

As someone who has recently had Covid-19 I offer the following as to to how it affected me:

I have had flu twice in my life & Covid once.
For pain intensity & pain longevity flu was, by far, worse than Covid.

Covid was less painful but more mentally worrying due to the shortness of breath it causes & the pains felt in the chest area.
That worry is no doubt intensified by the knowledge of many people dying from it.
The actual pain was never intense but it took a strong mental attitude to make sure anxiety was not allowed to creep in & exacerbate the already difficult breathing.
I found it easy to understand how people are dying from the disease but I never thought I was at risk of dying from it.

The best advice I can offer to those who contract it is - do not think the worst.
You are (statistically) highly unlikely to die from it.
Shallow breathing & chest pains are a normal experience of the disease; they do not necessarily mean you will not be able to breathe or that your heart is failing.

I was not bed bound at any time with Covid, however I struggled with lethargy & mental focus so I can understand why some would choose bed rest.
I did not have a runny nose, had very minimal coughing & no high temperature.
My partner had a persistant cough & one experience of a high temperature.
Over a month after clearing the main symptoms of Covid we both still have a very weak sense of smell & taste.

On my experience I would rather have Covid again than flu - I could always get to the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the bed with Covid but not so with flu (no, not ‘man flu’ - the real flu).

As for the OP question:
Someone is coming to our home next week to take a blood sample from my partner which I assume is for that purpose.

Stay strong.

jakethesnake:

And those people are generally in the minority, just stand in any fast food queue and at least half of the queue could do with not being there

jakethesnake:

Grandpa:

I have read it thanks and I tend to believe Professors and Doctors before anybody on here.I am sure they are not all making it up for fun or to scaremonger. Sorry but you and plenty others are being very naive in my opinion.

No Jake, you’re believing the doctors and professors presented to you by the media and not the others who deny it. I’m not asking you to believe me, I’m asking you to think for yourself.

Remember the ‘scientific experts’ who promised death with the ice caps melting? Millions also believed that. You don’t need others to do the thinking for you. Look around, the promised maybe, might and possible plague isn’t happening.

If you can see something isn’t happening, it’s not naïve to say it isn’t. Sitting unemployed wearing a paper mask in the worst depression since the 1930s in 12 months from now, saying ‘It could have been worse’ isn’t going to be much use.

jakethesnake:

Grandpa:

Snake, I see you’ve got another sparring partner, you really are a class act !!

jakethesnake:
That is certainly NOT true. There have been plenty healthy people that have suffered badly and even died.

There’s no real ‘fix’ for tachycardia.It goes with septic shock/cytokine storm type reaction.The arteries dilate, BP goes off a cliff and that’s how the body tries to compensate for the drop and maintain it.At that point either the cause can be stopped or the heart will be damaged permanently or it will go into an arrest rythm.Sometimes even if they can halt the cause it’s too late the damage is done.

As for the demographic.If that’s anything to go by just as would be expected of an artificial virus release which the bodies immune system can’t handle.
Might as well get on with our lives and forget all about any recovery let alone guaranteed immunity to this when contracted and no realistic way of hiding from it.It was inevitable from the point when military scientist scum took a no ethical limit view of their activities.

cnbc.com/2020/10/13/coronavi … he-us.html

thailandmedical.news/news/mu … -host-body

Grandpa:

jakethesnake:

Grandpa:

No Jake, you’re believing the doctors and professors presented to you by the media and not the others who deny it. I’m not asking you to believe me, I’m asking you to think for yourself.

Remember the ‘scientific experts’ who promised death with the ice caps melting? Millions also believed that. You don’t need others to do the thinking for you. Look around, the promised maybe, might and possible plague isn’t happening.

If you can see something isn’t happening, it’s not naïve to say it isn’t. Sitting unemployed wearing a paper mask in the worst depression since the 1930s in 12 months from now, saying ‘It could have been worse’ isn’t going to be much use.

Of course I believe them. Why would highly trained professionals all over the world tell us things that were not true? Why do they all have similar opinions? You are not telling me they confer behind our backs or do it for fun or to wind us up. Sorry but I don’t get your way of thinking.

I see you have the same view on the ice caps etc, have you been following the progress of that or it seems in your mind that is all a myth as well.

Thankfully me and probably your goodself will not be around to see the devastating implications to the world that will arrive in not so many years. :wink: