Any concrete mixer drivers ( owner drivers) on here?

tbh its not something I have taken off the net, its what I have learned and been told by the different companies who do the tests. I spent a while going around making the cubes from various sites around the UK and taking them for test… I can only speak from my own experience though.

dle1uk:
tbh its not something I have taken off the net, its what I have learned and been told by the different companies who do the tests. I spent a while going around making the cubes from various sites around the UK and taking them for test… I can only speak from my own experience though.

Oh right ,shame as i know a few people who would have found that interesting reading :laughing:

so i will stick with the myth bit :wink:

but if they would find it interesting reading then surely they will have cube test results to prove i,m wrong…

majority of readymix companies advertise the fact they are approved by BS, not many volumetrics do this and those that do normally operate the barrel mixer too. there is definately a market for the volumetric but they will never replace the barrel mixer,

dle1uk:
but if they would find it interesting reading then surely they will have cube test results to prove i,m wrong…

majority of readymix companies advertise the fact they are approved by BS, not many volumetrics do this and those that do normally operate the barrel mixer too. there is definately a market for the volumetric but they will never replace the barrel mixer,

i have not said they will replace a barrel mixer ,all i have said is they can produce “proper” concrete ,the people we use do a lot on crossrail , doubt they are lax with there cube tests ,hell we even do it on roadfill :wink:
believe me i have had some ■■■■ out of a drum too,at the end of the day its the human fact that ■■■■■ it up

when i asked one guy at the testing company i used quite often his reply was a guy could mix a RC45 mix in a wheelbarrow if he wanted to and it would be upto spec, but not every barrow would be the same due to as you say the human element, the batch plants are more reliable and majority will be computerised, but not so the volumetric… too much scope for operator error… they will improve, as ive said there is a market for them…

and totally agree with ■■■■ from a drum… Ive seen a guy turn up with only aggs and water no OPC…

one thing that does and can appeal to people when looking for concrete and barrel mix v volumetric is the costs involved, most readymix companies using barrel, charge a part load charge, waiting time, and a return load/dumping charge… add the owner driver element into it as alot of owner drivers want to drop and run (not blaming them) it can be very expensive…

Hi there owner mixer drivers

I’ve got my o licence 2 weeks ago and I’m interested in getting a mixer…any recommendations, any companies, any connections, any phone number maybe■■?..I know it’s a long shot but …I live in London

notsoquik79:
I’ve got my o licence 2 weeks ago and I’m interested in getting a mixer…any recommendations, any companies, any connections, any phone number maybe■■?..I know it’s a long shot but …I live in London

Bretts are looking for O/Ds in Kent/Essex area give them a try but don’t put any of your own money up as a deposit on a motor,put it on the lottery better returns :wink:

Cheers m8, have you got a phone number, maybe? ■■?..email me at notsoquik79@yahoo.co.uk

notsoquik79:
Cheers m8, have you got a phone number, maybe? ■■?..email me at notsoquik79@yahoo.co.uk

PM 4U :wink:

Cheers m8…are u a brett O/D aswell??

notsoquik79:
Cheers m8…are u a brett O/D aswell??

No but in my part of the world they are the major players in aggregates/concrete/asphalt,as a bit of a nosy bugger I like to know what the competition is up to that’s how I heard about the vacancies! :laughing: :laughing:

Breedon Aggregates have just acquired Huntsman Quarries in the Cotswolds.

im looking for a 8m3 and a 4m3 mixer pref o8 reg onwards any help would be appreciated

So, I’ve recently started mixer driving and I’m really enjoying it.

I take it owner driver isn’t a path I should be getting into yet but is nights out work the best way to earn more at the moment , I think it’s an extra £50 or something a night ?

No point in getting class one?

Cheers

Hi folks
Anyone know of a good fresh 4x2 mini mix concrete lorry for sale ?
2011 on
Thanks

Not sure if the is already a thread for owner driver mixer drivers, so just thought I’d ask.

Come on, the must be other mixer drivers on here I can ■■■■■ with!

My dads an owner driver and got a mixer on cemex, does that count :slight_smile: