Any concrete mixer drivers ( owner drivers) on here?

dlote2009:
My dads an owner driver and got a mixer on cemex, does that count :slight_smile:

Cool, where is he based?

We’re based at cannock plant, which company do you work for?

dlote2009:
We’re based at cannock plant, which company do you work for?

I work for Tarmac. We’ve got a plant at Stafford which I’ve been twice.

Been busy?

ah right, was very quiet before christmas due to the temperature, but its slowly picking back up now, hows tarmac doing for work?

dlote2009:
ah right, was very quiet before christmas due to the temperature, but its slowly picking back up now, hows tarmac doing for work?

To be honest we’ve been mad busy at our plant for last 5yrs so we’ve been very lucky!

When was up your way, I was running to a haughy job in town centre and a new tesco which was a haughy job as well.

that tescos was quite a big job, I think we did a fair bit to it too.

dlote2009:
that tescos was quite a big job, I think we did a fair bit to it too.

Yes it looked big job when I was there that day.

We got a huge job near us, haughy was on there, they was on the town centre job and the new tesco, they went bust just before Xmas.

Yes owner driver with Tarmac !!

massey1200:
Yes owner driver with Tarmac !!

Where you based pal?

aberdeenshire, things not good up here !!!

massey1200:
aberdeenshire, things not good up here !!!

I’m based near Liverpool.

The north west is pretty busy. Manchester and Liverpool are booming at the moment.

Tarmac up here cannot seem to compete with Breedons who just took over Ennstone Thistle up here, they are winning all the work not that our salesman seems to be bothered its ok for him and his nice salary but if our lorries dont move we dont get paid !!!

My mates gotta mixer on Cemex (Kent) He’s down to 1 load a day if he’s lucky this past week :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . He’s lucky to break even each week, Hansons and Brett’s have got all the local work summed up around Ashford and surrounding areas (Or there reps has a bigger brown envelope then the rest) :wink: :wink:

forever_cruising:
My mates gotta mixer on Cemex (Kent) He’s down to 1 load a day if he’s lucky this past week :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . He’s lucky to break even each week, Hansons and Brett’s have got all the local work summed up around Ashford and surrounding areas (Or there reps has a bigger brown envelope then the rest) :wink: :wink:

Has cemex looked after there drivers thru the credit crunch?

Tarmac have treated there drivers like ■■■■, they cut rates, took all late and early work bonus off us, put there fuel up know full well drivers couldn’t use anywhere else and also made drivers who paid for there trucks to buy new trucks!

The drivers at Tarmac will have their day when it’s busy again, we won’t forget the way they treated us thru hard times.

mixer driver:
The drivers at Tarmac will have their day when it’s busy again, we won’t forget the way they treated us thru hard times.

I very much doubt it !! you’ve either got to accept the crap or quit !!!

mixer driver:

forever_cruising:

Has cemex looked after there drivers thru the credit crunch?

Tarmac have treated there drivers like [zb], they cut rates, took all late and early work bonus off us, put there fuel up know full well drivers couldn’t use anywhere else and also made drivers who paid for there trucks to buy new trucks!

Simple answer is they’re not. When they 1st took readymix out, they made the drivers spray the trucks into there livery or NO work. They’re all owner drivers, And cemex couldnt give a toss if your sitting there all day with no work as its not costing them anything, 1 load a day is a joke and i know 3 owner drivers from different depots in kent who have given there trucks up.

A friend from down cornwall whos got 1 in hansons, isnt aloud to get work out there til a “dispute” is settled :unamused:

I also have to agree with Denis F here aswell, I doubt tarmac will worry if you say your leaving or not. Its a harsh reality, tarmac is a big company and guys like us are the small men at the bottom :angry: :imp: its either like it or lump it. harsh but true :frowning:

Have 2 agree they don’t give a ■■■■, don’t think we have much chance in a rise either to help with rise in fuel etc

massey1200:
Have 2 agree they don’t give a ■■■■, don’t think we have much chance in a rise either to help with rise in fuel etc

We’ve just had a 2% rate rise. It’s our first rate rise since 2007. 2% is better than nothing but they just took if off us with the fuel rise.

We cant even chip out the drum on site anymore, I know health and safety has to be but if we have a puncture on any wheels other than the front we have to go out onto the main road road to get them changed !!!

massey1200:
We cant even chip out the drum on site anymore, I know health and safety has to be but if we have a puncture on any wheels other than the front we have to go out onto the main road road to get them changed !!!

Same here mate.

We had very heated meetings last year in Wolverhampton with Tarmac management and got a few things back that they took.

This is a new breed of Tarmac managment that we are dealing with now. They have no thought or respect for drivers at all.

We don’t do anything at all for Tarmac around are way now, unless it suites of course.