Another piece of Sussex defiled

No two ways about it,ol blighty has morphed into a satanic dystopia,a dessicated corporate Shangri la.They have the population they’ve fostered over time.There’ll be no political demands from generation Sheeran,just throw them the latest Apple,Samsung device and as the late great Lou Reed once said," stick a fork in them,turn them over.They’re done"

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2_2lGkEU4Xs

All very well speaking of consumerism and all that goes with it, the dystopian and satanic UK, we do have to remember that we are all complicit in the creation and perpetuation of such, as we deliver all the drugs that are so badly needed, from sugar to computer chip…We are complicit.

Same the world over boys. I hardly recognise old blighty when we come over. We moved to where we are now to retire to a quiet place. Despite solicitors searches saying there were no plans, we now have nearly 600 new rabbit hutches within a kilometre of us and a bloody great hotel complete with concerts and bloody awful traffic jams. The first (what we call high rise at 5 floors) has gone up and it must be the thin end of the wedge.

att:
All very well speaking of consumerism and all that goes with it, the dystopian and satanic UK, we do have to remember that we are all complicit in the creation and perpetuation of such, as we deliver all the drugs that are so badly needed, from sugar to computer chip…We are complicit.

Theres different kinds of consumerism,I’m not immune,books,clothes ( ebay,used mostly) I run a burgman scooter,have no progeny and occupy a tiny attic flat at the weekends.Not living any dream by any stretch but content with my goods n chattels,I see no need to associate with egocentric purchases,harleys,bmw,s etc I put more kudos to becoming as educated as I can possibly can, rather than acquiesce to the modern tendency,living
as though everyone else are merely walk on parts in the grand drama of my life.To my eyes this is the prevailing ethos of our time,aided and abetted of course,courtesy of organs of influence such as facebook etc,(more than likely a C.I.A project).
We are indeed complicit in soiling the nest,anyone who drapes themselves in gold should avoid complaining at Brazils govermental decree to lift protections on nine million acres of prime rainforest for gold mining interests,with all the devastating repercussions from that pure evil,I would posit the notion that some of us are more complicit than others tbh.

peterm:
Same the world over boys. I hardly recognise old blighty when we come over. We moved to where we are now to retire to a quiet place. Despite solicitors searches saying there were no plans, we now have nearly 600 new rabbit hutches within a kilometre of us and a bloody great hotel complete with concerts and bloody awful traffic jams. The first (what we call high rise at 5 floors) has gone up and it must be the thin end of the wedge.

I’m guessing East Anglia? Although it literally could be anywhere nowheres safe from the vile,filthy,ugly…( think new Persimmon c.e.o) grasping sons of ■■■■■■■ at large today,totally wrecking and sterilizing the natural character and history of a once proud land.I want them burned at the stake.

It is also the ‘knock on’ effect when they build these Rabbit Hutch’s, the utilities have to be upgraded to cope with extra demand resulting in more roadwork’s and the inevitable congestion it causes.

Nite Owl:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2_2lGkEU4Xs

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2_2lGkEU4Xs

Splendid.only ever heard the Tom Paxton version before,the Monkees,Pleasant valley sunday hits the same spot for me regarding these issues.

manalishi:

alamcculloch:
I know where you are coming from. The builders keep going for green field sites.What about the brown field sites ,the former mills and factories. The towns and cities have nothing in them but the periphery is bursting out.

Or the golf courses.The very quintessence of wasted land.Way too many of em,but that wouldn’t wash with the masonic demographic I guess.

Listen to what comedian George Carlin says about golf courses… a brilliant piece of observation. He spoke
a lot of sense this guy! Lol… the first half of the video about homelessness is also well worth a listen. One of
my favourite comedians!

Warning: this video contains swearing and may upset golfers - DON’T watch if easily offended! :smiley:

Oh don’t you just love the self righteous NIMBY’s who will deny the next generation that which they themselves spend all their live chasing ?

Or am I the only one who senses the hypocrisy of those living in houses which were once build on green land, now decrying the building of new houses on green land.

The obvious solution to not building more houses is to share the available housing…

manalishi:

peterm:

I’m guessing East Anglia? Although it literally could be anywhere nowheres safe from the vile,filthy,ugly…( think new Persimmon c.e.o) grasping sons of ■■■■■■■ at large today,totally wrecking and sterilizing the natural character and history of a once proud land.I want them burned at the stake.

It’s actually Bribie Island in Qld, Oz. We moved up from Brisbane and were thinking we’d never move again.

the nodding donkey:
Oh don’t you just love the self righteous NIMBY’s who will deny the next generation that which they themselves spend all their live chasing ?

Or am I the only one who senses the hypocrisy of those living in houses which were once build on green land, now decrying the building of new houses on green land.

The obvious solution to not building more houses is to share the available housing…

Youre right to look to the underlying causes of more housing.
Obviously a rising population needs more housing, and since many of us would like a patch of grass, apartments aren’t the total solution.
And we should be aware that practising family planning will make no difference: the present economic model demands an increasing population. Both for economic growth and care of an aging community. We don’t have immigrants because of slack borders: we have them to fulfil an economic need. (I won’t go off on a Brexit tack, but it is relevant).
The system needs a wide youthful base, both to buy stuff, and work to fund the increasing numbers of and older retirees at the apex of the pyramid.

Capitalism has got us up(?) this far, but it may be reaching it’s limits. The present system only works when it expands, it fails when it stands still.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:

But can’t you see its all based on an artificially stimulated population expansion,like a 3 million plus excess introduced 10 or so years ago by the TB party?..quote-“the greenbelt is a Labour achievement,and we intend to build on it” (j.prescott).
There’s an answer,if the intention of the political/corporate matrix is to plunder and overburden a chronically over populated island,which seems very much the intention,just confiscate golf courses as this land would be ideally suited for such purposes.
I’m not anti-golf tbh,i just can’t understand why theres so many of them (3 in Winchester) ffs.2000 acres sorrounding 18 sodding holes is not an intelligent usage of land,they are unsuited for agriculture,but would make nicely landscaped villages,if modelled on,say the German/Swiss aesthetic in contrast to the characterless,3d- print-hutches, favoured by the likes of Barrats,and redrow etc.

the nodding donkey:

No the hypocrisy is all about those living in places like the under developed North of the country such as ■■■■■■■ etc or Londoners who know nothing better telling us in Surrey that we are NIMBY’s for wanting a stop to London’s never ending expansion.Now having reached almost Leatherhead having started from Southwark and it’s no surprise why London would have seen any attraction in taking over the Green Belt areas around Malden Rushett in that regard nor it’s obvious eventual intentions regards same.

While yes I grew up among the resulting idiotic over development firstly in already over developed Kingston.Then driven out by a 1960’s Soviet style high rise inner city development in that former Surrey County Market town to suburban Chessington now gradually being turned into another Kingston and certainly didn’t appreciate what the developers had provided for us.As opposed to an inherent sense of outrage and loss at the greed driven vandalism that had been and continues to be inflicted on this still in many parts beautiful county in my and my late parents’ etc name.While as a result,like many others,always looking to escape from it and move to whatever parts remain in the form of our County,not London’s urban hell of a city which is why we then moved from Chessington almost 25 years ago.

On that note anyone living in the so called ‘home counties’ obviously can’t by definition be NIMBY’s because this would be the last place that anyone with the slightest NIMBY leanings would ever want to live.Being a continuous case of London calling for yet more of what remains of the place and us having to run from it.All based on your type of idiotic logic of you’ve already taken and got enough urbanisation so now you can take loads more.Resulting in another exodus and the resulting smashing and scattering of existing communities.

As for ‘sharing’ homes you’ve obviously never lived in an area where by necessity living in the parental home for life is the default choice at least for single people without access to two incomes.Let me guess you’ll then moan about those like me intending to stay in that home and not move into a nasty inner city high rise hovel because my parents have left this world.Not to mention obviously being a full on believer in the ridiculous lie that more urbanisation supposedly means cheaper housing and less homelessness.When London proves the exact opposite. :unamused:

Well I can see the logic building them there as Sussex is something of a dump already, less to ruin…

Touch paper lit… :wink:

switchlogic:
Well I can see the logic building them there as Sussex is something of a dump already, less to ruin…

:confused:

Some of the best most fertile farmland in the country and nicest countryside as part of that.Together with the best growing climate.So let’s turn it into an urban zb hole while we leave huge swathes of the North a barren under developed waste land.That’ll fix it.

Scania are building a large workshop at pease pottage, maybe that’s what it is.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

:confused:

Some of the best most fertile farmland in the country and nicest countryside as part of that.Together with the best growing climate.So let’s turn it into an urban zb hole while we leave huge swathes of the North a barren under developed waste land.That’ll fix it.

You should load your dear mother into the Jag and take a holiday up north for a change instead of Mainland Europe. You’d actually find the north is actually rather a lovely :wink:

Need to ‘define’ the ‘north’…

Some think it ends at the M62, and that’s where Scotland begins… :neutral_face:

Goldfinger:
Need to ‘define’ the ‘north’…

Some think it ends at the M62, and that’s where Scotland begins… :neutral_face:

It’s anywhere…

North of Watford Gap.