Farewell Englands greenbelts

I know it’s not trucking related but this new policy that the current crop of machine-tooled political clone/drones at westminster have in store for our beloved countryside,namely desecrating it with unaffordable rabbit hutch ‘dwellings’,must be the most evil and moronic of new policies that could only be imagined by souless,corparate sucker uppers as exist today.

Are we to just accept this act of spiritual suicide as just another side show of political posturing and simply look the other way or find a way to address this apocalyptical event? For gods sake our landscape is the only decent thing there is in this desperately depressing nation of ours and it now seems an area the size of devon is to be sacrificed to house the fruits of untramelled immigration.Nice one lads first the jobs,then houses and now the real price it seems is about to be paid with the sacrifice of massive swathes of greenery to accommodate this Dantes worst hallucination.

The Lib/Lab/Con is certainly coming undone and I for one would never degrade myself by participating in the election pantomime but if anyone on here knows anything about UKIPS policy on the envoironment I would like to know what their take is on this terrible attrocity that is gathering momentum.

manalishi:
I know it’s not trucking related but this new policy that the current crop of machine-tooled political clone/drones at westminster have in store for our beloved countryside,namely desecrating it with unaffordable rabbit hutch ‘dwellings’,must be the most evil and moronic of new policies that could only be imagined by souless,corparate sucker uppers as exist today.

What utter ■■■■■■■■. To house absolutely everyone in the UK who would want one for the next decade would need building on no more than 2% of greenbelt land.

Do you live in a house?

Maybe so but thats a big percentage of what little there is currently available.We know the arguments about not developing brownfield sites coz it’s far cheaper to plough up green belts,ffs this is land that may be needed for food security at some point.It just seems the powers that be are hell-bent on creating a sprawling mass of humanity across a country that is bursting at the seams.This i agree sounds like i’m mainlining from the more paranoid pulpits of certain newspapers,but the evidence seems solid that we have reached a tipping point right now but for some reason over population is a great taboo in modern Britain and i’m sounding out whether any political party has the genuine cojones to deal with this impending nightmare

You can’t avoid the expansion of the human race, it’s not just the UK it’s world wide.
15 years ago it was reconed that if every vehicle in great Britain was on the raod at the same time there would only be 8 inches between each one.
Britain has enough countryside so don’t worry, just get on with your job.

Conor:

manalishi:

What utter ■■■■■■■■. To house absolutely everyone in the UK who would want one for the next decade would need building on no more than 2% of greenbelt land.

Do you live in a house?

That’s exactly what different governments have said for years which has allowed the developers to so far wipe out more than half of counties like Surrey by turning it into ‘Greater London’ while the Northerners make sure that their treeless barren wilderness is kept untouched.Nothing changes.

Building more houses in the green belt areas actually just creates yet more population growth and therefore yet more demand for housing in those areas and therefore yet more expansion of the urban sprawl of cities like London into the surrounding countryside of the neighbouring counties.With many now saying that Surrey’s borders should be pushed back to the M25 and everything inside it turned into yet more concrete to make London an even larger urban zb hole that it is now.

If the Northerners want it then let the Northerners have it and send all further immigration,and those on the homeless register down here,(mostly immigrants and wanabee Londoners with no historic affinity with this area whatsoever) up there to live. :imp: :imp:

Pat Hasler:
You can’t avoid the expansion of the human race, it’s not just the UK it’s world wide.
15 years ago it was reconed that if every vehicle in great Britain was on the raod at the same time there would only be 8 inches between each one.
Britain has enough countryside so don’t worry, just get on with your job.

The problem is the Nimbies up North want all the development and housing put down South so they can keep their zb barren areas like the Yorkshire Moors etc untouched. :imp: :unamused:

I appreciate the irony of my job that involves belching noxious diesel fumes all over the show and am open to the charge of a hypocrisy but I just can’t get with this destruction of everything that has a certain spiritual resonance that is exemplified by our natural heritage.Its as though capitalism has got a free ride in it’s band of westminster demons currently ruling the roost who have no spirit/soul/conscience and are happy to allow the jcb’s in, with a pathetic belief that this will start the whole misguided shooting match again of some sun-lit uplands wet-dream of mass economic prosperity when the reality is staring us in the face.We are too many and are living on the earths capital rather than it’s income.Naive?..possibly…seriously worried,you bet.

Get used to the idea because it,s gonna happen,and why not it is badly needed.

Are you sure, bobbya? Have you not noticed all the empty and semi-derelict buildings in our towns and cities?
Trouble is, everyone wants to live somewhere else & in a nice new house. And, of course, the Whitehall army have an agenda, too.

100,000 new homes a year a required by our growing population!
The UK is similar in area to Japan with half the population! Plenty of room to build new homes and create new jobs!
OK! That many homes being built may affect house prices! But heyho! That’s the risk you take buying at the height of a boom followed by a depression! :stuck_out_tongue:
House prices are artificially high and need slashing back to being sensible! HTH :grimacing:

what we need is a plague of some sort to wipe a few million inhabbitants off the plannet :stuck_out_tongue:

sea frog:
what we need is a plague of some sort to wipe a few million inhabbitants off the plannet :stuck_out_tongue:

Next best thing! A Jihad in the holy land! :laughing:

dessy:

sea frog:

Next best thing! A Jihad in the holy land! :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There is a belt of land not far from me, that is owned by the pension arm of the BP Oil Company. for quite a few years they have bought all the land and farms north of the A414 from Gilston and Eastwick down to Harlow and north to Hunsdon Herfordshire.

The county border of west Essex and Hertfordshire meet on the line of the A414 and the River Stort. The land north of this line is actually Hertfordshire but is earmarked for 20,000 houses and would be granted the name of Harlow North, now Harlow is in Essex but the new development would take place in Hertfordshire and become part of the town of Harlow.

Successive governments, both local and national have argued for the need to go ahead with this development while local protest groups such as Stop Harlow North have campaigned repeatedly against it. It would result in the upheaval of three or four small Hertfordshire hamlets or villages whilst destroying a greenbelt area that promises were made to keep intact by Harlow new towns designer and developer back in the late 1940’s when work on the new town was just starting.

The A414 is a cut through for traffic encountering difficulties on the M25 northern section. When trouble looms on this part, thousands of vehicles use the A10-A414-M11 to escape or use as a bypass. The trouble starts when vehicles enter Harlow as the A414 takes you right through the retail and industrial area with six roundabouts and four sets of traffic lights in a two mile stretch! The net result is absolute chaos.

With the proposed 20,000 houses, and at least two cars per house thats 40,000 more possible vehicles trying to negotiate Harlows already gridlocked, and poorly designed traffic routes. …wonderful!

half the flooding over the last few weeks around my area has been caused by developments and build new homes and retail park diverting rivers and messing about with flood planes even building on them …then people wonder why there home/properties get flooded

In the UK there is no housing problem, it’s an immigration problem.

The problem is the Nimbies up North want all the development and housing put down South

and why not, southerners get all the investment and oop north we’re choosy, we don’t want all your cast offs!

tachograph:
In the UK there is no housing problem, it’s an immigration problem.

The immigration problem is causing a housing problem! In turn causing access to a Doctor/dentist
Schools/hospital places etc etc

In the last 10 years the majority of new build has been 1 or 2 bed places! The Abdi arrived from Mogadishu with 12 chavs and needs a Mansion in Belgravia! :laughing:

del949:

The problem is the Nimbies up North want all the development and housing put down South

and why not, southerners get all the investment and oop north we’re choosy, we don’t want all your cast offs!

Well! Your going to see a few over the next few years when the Benefit cap comes into force! A load of scroungers/dole dossers won’t be able to pay their rent/mortgage down here if capped at £500 a week! :open_mouth: :unamused:

No worries, we’ll put OUR rents up as well!