Another general election

Remember when voting remember all those Labour MPs who called leavers bigots and racists

peirre:
They predicted that they would call a snap election months ago, so no surprise there. This is because the conservatives current majority isn’t big enough to ensure they get the type of brexit they want. They have several party MPs who are willing to vote against them, they don’t have the full support of the minority parties to ensure they achieve the outcome they want. What they do have is the ideal opportunity to increase their mandate, and with several factors in their favour, they are likely to achieve their goal. Potentially the only way to stop them is for parliament to vote against the suspension of the fixed term parliament act and halting the snap election in its tracks

A majority is a majority.In which case exactly why isn’t it supposedly ‘big enough’ to implement the referendum vote.While how does the loss of the Richmond Park by election to the LibDems on a remain ticket suggest a Con majority in which even people like Davis and Raab manage to keep their seats let alone the Cons adding to their majority.

The truth is that majority is made up of remain Cons like Clark ( and May and Hammond ) anyway and that will still be the case even if they win another election.With the idea of delaying Brexit and neutering UKIP and putting the Eurosceptic Cons out of the frame,in the form of an inevitable Con minority government,in which the remain Cons can then ally with the Lab/Lib/SNP majority in parliament,being the obvious plan from the day they lost the referendum vote. :imp:

Not seen much talk about spending yet. Given the possible by-elections that may have been needed if breeches of spending rules were found, this rather neatly solves that problem

robroy:

Martin:
One good thing that the election will do for us, it will almost certainly be the end of Jeremy Corbin!

Yeh?
I have no love for Corbin or the Labour Party…but.
Nobody thought that Brexit would take place.
Nobody thought that Trump would become US President.
Could Jeremy Corbin Prime Minister be the hat trick. :bulb:

It’s clear that Trump is in office but the establishment is still in power.Just like our Brexit ‘referendum’ decision.

As for Corbyn it’ll predictably be a Con minority government in which,like the US presidency,Corbyn or Farron or Sturgeon don’t need any individual parliamentary majority for them all to take power and May/Hammond know it.Which is the only explanation as to why Brexit has been delayed by around a year at least so far and why May has predictably gone for the nuclear option having run out of other remain choices.

robroy:

Martin:
One good thing that the election will do for us, it will almost certainly be the end of Jeremy Corbin!

Yeh?

I reckon Screaming Lord Sutch would be in with a shout too. At least with him you had no illusions about what you getting!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:

robroy:

Martin:

Yeh?

I reckon Screaming Lord Sutch would be in with a shout too. At least with him you had no illusions about what you getting!

I know it’s Easter, but he would have to be resurrected as he died in 1999! :open_mouth: :laughing: :unamused:

peirre:
Potentially the only way to stop them is for parliament to vote against the suspension of the fixed term parliament act and halting the snap election in its tracks

In that case it is accepted that the HoC has no confidence in Her Majesty’s Government. May then has 14 days in which to put the question back to the HoC. If the MP’s again vote against the Government position it is classed as a vote of no confidence for the second time and complies with one of the two ways in which an early General Election can be called. The other way is if two thirds of the MP’s vote for an early GE.

Martin:

Franglais:

robroy:

Martin:

Yeh?

I know it’s Easter, but he would have to be resurrected as he died in 1999! :open_mouth: :laughing: :unamused:

He still may have a better chance of getting in than Corbin. :laughing:

Speaking of death, I’m baling out of this thread before Carryfast arrives and kills it stone dead. :cry:

What? a bloody election, i’ve been busy working on the cars so haven’t heard about this till now.

Oh dear, the tories nor any party in the house of ill repute wanted brexit, the tories are only half hearted about it never wanted it in the first place, labour hasn’t got the foggiest bloody idea what its doing.

I am now genuinely worried, we’ve got the limp dumps who are more than likely going to stand as the party committed to reversing brexit so could in theory wipe the floor with the other two if the remainiacs plus all the snowflakes who couldn’t manage to get themselves out of bed to vote in the referendum get themselves worked up into a vote lib dem lather…no not the soapy sort of lather don’t be silly.

Quite where lucifer blair is going to feature i’m buggered if i know, would he be brash enough to seek re-election as leader of the labour party again, i wouldn’t put it past him, especially if he manages to patch things up with murdoch of the propaganda machine, maybe have a swap this time :open_mouth:

UKIP buggered without Sir Nigel at the helm and this coming too soon for Banks to launch another patriotic party with Farage as leader, maybe Farage will return to UKIP in order to do what he can.

I have a horrible feeling our return to sovereign statehood is about to be torpedoed, i bet that bloody cameron who slinked off with his tail between his legs is ■■■■■■■ himself whist quaffing champers with his cronies.

Carryfast:
On that note it’ll predictably be a Con minority government in which all/many of the supposed Brexit Con MP’s are either deselected in favour of remainers

The only way any Conservative MP can be deselected is if the Constituency Party members vote to do so. As those members voted 70/30 for brexit they are very unlikely to deselect a sitting Leave MP for a Remain candidate.

Carryfast:
or lose their seats to LibDems,while the remainer Con/Lab/LibDem/SNP alliance then reverses the referendum vote.

Even conservative (with a small c) projections see a 40 - 60 seat Conservative majority. The latest poll put the Tories 21% ahead.

Carryfast:
Meanwhile don’t say it hasn’t already happened in the form of the Richmond Park/Kingston by election in which the LibDems beat Zac Goldsmith on a remain ticket.

Richmond Park was the No1 Remain constituency in the country. Hardly surprising that they voted for a vociferous Pro-Remain candidate.

kcrussell25:
Not seen much talk about spending yet. Given the possible by-elections that may have been needed if breeches of spending rules were found, this rather neatly solves that problem

Very astute. :wink:

Carryfast:
I’ve been saying for ages that her ( Cameron’s ) plan is all about delaying/derailing the Brexit process so that the Cons can create a General election result that confirms the remain agenda in parliament.On that note it’ll predictably be a Con minority government in which all/many of the supposed Brexit Con MP’s are either deselected in favour of remainers,or lose their seats to LibDems,while the remainer Con/Lab/LibDem/SNP alliance then reverses the referendum vote.Meanwhile don’t say it hasn’t already happened in the form of the Richmond Park/Kingston by election in which the LibDems beat Zac Goldsmith on a remain ticket.Farage and with him UKIP having obviously also been silenced and infiltrated by the establishment agenda. :unamused:

Goldsmith ran as an independent due to the Heathrow extention. … he was not a con MP in that election. …

Sturgeon is rapidly becoming Ian Paisley mk 2 just disagreeing with everything, a while back she taunted May saying she had no mandate as no one had voted for her, now as May seeks a mandate Sturgeon says she’s wrong to do so, Sturgeons hatred of the English will do Scotland no favours at all

OVLOV JAY:
June the 8th, if she gets the vote tomorrow. What are we predicting? A majority for the tories and pushing on with brexit? I’m going for a Lab/Lib/SNP or any combination coalition and the brakes well and truly on Brexit. Not going to be a good 5 years I think :imp:

these voters who vote liblabcon need shooting. :grimacing: on the paper should be. UKIP, BNP AND NATIONAL FRONT. :laughing: just my opinion of course. :sunglasses: not forgetting EDL, national action or UVF. :smiley: thank you notsogreat Britain. :unamused:

Stanley Knife:

Carryfast:
On that note it’ll predictably be a Con minority government in which all/many of the supposed Brexit Con MP’s are either deselected in favour of remainers

The only way any Conservative MP can be deselected is if the Constituency Party members vote to do so. As those members voted 70/30 for brexit they are very unlikely to deselect a sitting Leave MP for a Remain candidate.

Carryfast:
or lose their seats to LibDems,while the remainer Con/Lab/LibDem/SNP alliance then reverses the referendum vote.

Even conservative (with a small c) projections see a 40 - 60 seat Conservative majority. The latest poll put the Tories 21% ahead.

Carryfast:
Meanwhile don’t say it hasn’t already happened in the form of the Richmond Park/Kingston by election in which the LibDems beat Zac Goldsmith on a remain ticket.

Richmond Park was the No1 Remain constituency in the country. Hardly surprising that they voted for a vociferous Pro-Remain candidate.

Richmond Park was also a reasonably safe Con seat too.While let’s just say that there are more remain ‘constituencies’ that were safe Con seats but with a supposedly Euro sceptic MP than vice versa.This one being a prime example in which,like Zac Goldsmith,he’ll probably need a miracle to stop the 60-40 Remain vote taking him out.Leaving the Cons with the choice of either deselect him in favour of a remainer or inevitably probably lose the seat to the Lib Dems.Bearing in mind that I’d rather vote for UKIP knowing that it’s probably a wasted vote but better than a tactical vote for the pointless Cons who are just LibDems in blue clothes anyway regardless of the supposed Leave credentials of our MP.

On that note don’t under estimate the remain agenda within the Cons and do you really think that remainers May and Hammond had/have the slightest intention of delivering Brexit.As opposed to this obviously long pre arranged scam which was/is all about neutralising the Con Eurosceptics and handing the initiative back to the majority remain parliament just as they’ve somehow neutralised Farage.Which explains how after a Leave vote we ended up with a remain PM and why she’s done everything within her powers to stall/derail Brexit.

In which case the real world choice now is between UKIP v the Lab/LibDem/Con remain pact and stuff the irrelevant treacherous Cons.While Farage now needs to get his act together and back in the driving seat bearing in mind that the establishment taking him out would now be too obvious for them to get away with.

While the idea of voting for the Cons,on the basis that UKIP is supposedly a wasted vote,is just playing into the remainers hands. :unamused:

ICM snap poll today:-

CON: 46% (+2)
LAB: 25% (-1)
LDEM: 11% (+1)
UKIP: 8% (-3)
GRN: 4 (-)

Taking those figures as read with no inference suggests the Tories getting close to 400 seats, Labour around the 160 mark and the Lib Dums about 15-20.

I do love Teresa’s u turns. Just got back from the secret govt think tank I’m a member of and I can say it’s a 3 pronged attack we have worked on.

1. Due to a tough stance by the EU the repeal bill needs fast tracking which allows for the hardest exit since the wife ■■■■■■ during ■■■■.

2. Sturgeon needs weakening, giving it the bigun all the time is now getting tiresome.

3. Short of dropping a baby or two there is no way the conservatives can not fail to get a landslide victory.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

We know the polls aren’t worth a toss at the best of times. But seeing as they’re polling on a pm/government they’re particularly redundant now. This will be Brexit mk2. I just hope enough Brexiteers come out. It’s going to be a very high turn out for a ge I think. Trouble is, the majority of Brexit voters are centre grounders, and very principalled. I can’t see staunch eurosceptic Labour voters bringing themselves to vote Tory. However, the vast majority of remoaners are Lilly livered Liberals, and change their minds to suit their Europhile agenda. I can’t see the most ardent Europhile Tories voting that way. More likely to vote for the Dolmio doll Farron :unamused:

Ladbrooks have a Tory majority at 10-1 on trust a bookie more than the polls or the media to call it right

Carryfast:
Richmond Park was also a reasonably safe Con seat too.

Lib Dem 97, 01, 05. Con 10,15. Lib Dem 2016 by-election.

The rest of that paragraph I give in, it’s just incomprehensible waffle.

Carryfast:
On that note don’t under estimate the remain agenda within the Cons and do you really think that remainers May and Hammond had/have the slightest intention of delivering Brexit.

FFS CF do you not think I know that. There will be no hard brexit as I want it. A Conservative majority gives her, and her backers, the mandate to pursue the brexit that they want, which will be very soft and fluffy. But the other options are parties that have stated that they will ignore the referendum result and reinstate our association with the EU.

UKIP is a busted flush and has shown time and time again it’s organisational skills are next to none. It won’t win a seat!