general election

although the next general election is a long way off.
if an election was called today. who would you vote for? and why?
it would be interesting to see how drivers, and operators opinions change in a couple of years.

Im conservative but vote ukip :smiley:

UKIP.

The reason being they are the only credible party that is prepared to remove us from the EU, if nationalist parties would back them by urging their followers to vote for them…yeah i know pigs might fly…then i believe there are still enough basic patriots here to make a real difference.

The lib lab con party is one party, there’s not a ■■■ paper between them, same basic goals, all three factions of the one party have proved themselves to be liars, thieves, dishonourable, corrupt and completely untrustworthy, i am ashamed that we have such creatures representing our country on the world stage, kissing the yanks arse at every photo opportunity, they make me sick.

They the liblabcon handed our country to the EU when history shows they couldn’t take it by force and hundreds of thousands of our forebears, decent men and true, lie in graves because the died defending our country and way of life with all its faults against all aggressors.

to be honest i think all the parties are just a bad as each other and once an mp is elected they dont give a toss about joe public.
if we did as much tax dodging, false expense claims we would have been locked up. i always vote ,then i have a right to a moan etc,if you dont vote you cant have any complaints. imo all mp,s are just conmen/women

None of The Above…It was a good film too.

I vote “Other” on this list, as I have not decided yet which party is going to offer me as their candidate to contest the seat - This seat by the way (Gillingham), was the tightest in the country at the last election. :smiling_imp:

Number one on the “marginals to win” on all party lists I believe.

I’d be quite happy to stand as a candidate for either Ukip or BNP, but lack the personal cashpot behind me to be an independant.

Ukip need to extend their issues base beyond Europe, and BNP need to change the leadership to someone more Charismatic than that Harkonnen with the lazy eye…

Oh, and both of the above kinda need to field a candidate in ALL seats nationwide - not just the big government targets that draw the most publicity. You can’t form a government even if you win 300 out of 300 seats contested after all.

Winning a seat for some vague backwater is just as good as winning an inner city one too! :wink:

I vote ukip. The reason they don’t get a huge share of the electorate, is because they don’t explain what they’d spend the membership money on. I think they’d get a lot more support if they put some proper figures down. For what its worth, I think any party that stuck their neck out and said the would half fuel duty, would probably get in

I will cross every Name away and put “Doctor Jeremy Clarkson in Place” :exclamation:
He cant do it worse

Immigrant:
I will cross every Name away and put “Doctor Jeremy Clarkson in Place” :exclamation:
He cant do it worse

Turkeys shouldn’t vote for Christmas :wink:

Voted tory last time but ukip next, its the only way this country has any future.

No one, I’ve only voted once in my life, in the 1979 general election, and have no intention of ever doing it again. I have no interest in the whole thing whatsoever.

Said Labour but if the SNP drop this daft independence policy then I would vote for them, better off a party fighting for your region rather than voting for ones that keep the south of England happy and thats it.

Their policy of capping tax on fuel is another I like.

poppiesfan:
to be honest i think all the parties are just a bad as each other and once an mp is elected they dont give a toss about joe public.
if we did as much tax dodging, false expense claims we would have been locked up. i always vote ,then i have a right to a moan etc,if you dont vote you cant have any complaints. imo all mp,s are just conmen/women

I used to think exactly this, and I have voted in nearly every election, local and national since my 18th birthday.

However I now feel that all we, the voting sheep/turkeys/slaves (lets be honest that’s what the politicians see us as!) look to see who will do us the least damage and vote for them.

By voting for “damage limitation” we are giving a mandate and support to whomever we perceive to be the lesser lying, cheating, thieving, morally corrupt, self serving scumbag.

I will not vote for the LESSER SCUMBAG any more, I shall now withold my vote, and therfore my support, and not give any validity to these parasites.

We need a “none of the above” box added to the ballot paper so ALL parties can see how far out of touch they are with the common working slave.

Naturally it may well be me “out of touch” and the majority of people are genuinly satisfied with who they vote for.

Fascinating post this…

I agree that all politicians have ulterior motives…very interesting reading…

I’d love to meet the 11% of truck drivers that have voted Tory…do you all own 25 trucks and live in a mansion■■?

I don’t trust any party but I reckon UKIP are about the best. But I wouldn’t vote for any at the moment…they are all lying cheating scumbags…

Immigrant:
He cant do it worse

I would second that…

I haven’t voted for many years because I haven’t been presented with a suitable choice of candidates in my constituency. When I get the chance to choose a candidate who supports the issues I do then I will vote again. For the record my 1st preference would be a UKIP candidate followed by one for the Green Party.

I am another one that will vote for UKIP as I haven’t any faith in the other parties.Also I would prefer we were out of Europe.

Truckulent:
Fascinating post this…

I’d love to meet the 11% of truck drivers that have voted Tory…do you all own 25 trucks and live in a mansion■■?

I don’t trust any party but I reckon UKIP are about the best. But I wouldn’t vote for any at the moment…they are all lying cheating scumbags…

I see a contradiction? :confused: Ukip and torys are birds of a feather.

Seems to me if the torys could ditch this eu nonsense they would be very popular and could well sort this country out good and proper over the longterm like Maggie did. :bulb:

pavaroti:

Truckulent:
Fascinating post this…

Seems to me if the torys could ditch this eu nonsense they would be very popular and could well sort this country out good and proper over the longterm like Maggie did. :bulb:

Maggie started the rot.She sold off most of the utilities and knackered this country.

Dave the Renegade:

pavaroti:

Truckulent:
Fascinating post this…

Maggie started the rot.She sold off most of the utilities and knackered this country.

Nope!!! Whats needed is another Maggie to sort this country out.