And another Cash Cow

toonsy:
Who on here drives a truck that isn’t Euro 6 rated?

Me a lot of the time along with over half our fleet. I would estimate we have over 100 which aren’t Euro 6 (15 plate or above) and will take a few years to replace them.

Would love to know how some of these exclusions will work such as visiting a care home or earning under 30K. So wide open to abuse unless you can only nominate one car from an address.

I guess the Bullring and other shopping centres aren’t in the middle of this?

Again this myth that updating to newer modern vehicles is better for the environment.
Lets all forget about the pollution to build these cars , the huge problems caused by the recycling of many of the toxic components in modern vehicles and don’t forget the limited life cycle of the hugely expensive batteries that they are fitted with .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Some of you really don’t get it, do you? If we want a planet that our grandchildren can live in, we have to do something now. This kind of action (LEZ) will force people to switch to vehicles that qualify as low-emission. In a few decades, we will all be driving trucks/cars that are either fully electric of at least, hybrid.

Thank goodness Santa, I am so glad someone else perceives this logically and with a bit of foresight. It beggars belief with some of the views on here sometimes. It really does.

grumpyken52:
Again this myth that updating to newer modern vehicles is better for the environment.
Lets all forget about the pollution to build these cars , the huge problems caused by the recycling of many of the toxic components in modern vehicles and don’t forget the limited life cycle of the hugely expensive batteries that they are fitted with .

It ain’t a myth, it’s a reality that WILL cause far less damage to our planet.

Once Waitrose closes they will realise what they have done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakethesnake:

grumpyken52:

Not in your lifetime or mine it won’t, maybe in our grandchildrens time things will improve .
It only works when the changes happen world wide and that is going to take a very long time and also some huge changes in recycling and waste disposal just to get rid of whats around at present let alone any future products .
They haven’t dealt with the products from the last scrappage scheme yet and there are growing stockpiles of waste recycling world wide .

This forum should have a Clean Air Zone and bar racist bigots from posting.

grumpyken52:

jakethesnake:

grumpyken52:

Not in your lifetime or mine it won’t, maybe in our grandchildrens time things will improve .
It only works when the changes happen world wide and that is going to take a very long time and also some huge changes in recycling and waste disposal just to get rid of whats around at present let alone any future products .
They haven’t dealt with the products from the last scrappage scheme yet and there are growing stockpiles of waste recycling world wide .

Very true.

Like I said earlier if we want to make a massive impact on this issue we all need to change our attitude towards things.
The gig economy is one issue.
Nipping to the shop in a car to get some milk when you can walk
Upgrading phones every year…
Upgrading every electrical equipment every year or two…
Cars only lasting a few years due them being on pcp.

It’s the throw away economy that is the issue.

adam277:

grumpyken52:

jakethesnake:

grumpyken52:

Very true.

Like I said earlier if we want to make a massive impact on this issue we all need to change our attitude towards things.
The gig economy is one issue.
Nipping to the shop in a car to get some milk when you can walk
Upgrading phones every year…
Upgrading every electrical equipment every year or two…
Cars only lasting a few years due them being on pcp.

It’s the throw away economy that is the issue.

Couldn’t agree more .
I live in a seaside town so get to witness the plastic polution on our beaches , plus the huge quantities of sanitary products and human waste dumped in the sea . Also the huge amount of rubbish from takeaway/fast food whenever the weather is good and the place is busy .
All added to by less frequent refuse collection and a massive increase in urban foxes scavenging in household rubbish .

Odd days:

toonsy:
Who on here drives a truck that isn’t Euro 6 rated?

Me. There is not one on the firm.

And me

Wheel Nut:

What’s Waitrose got to do with anything?

edd1974:

Wheel Nut:

What’s Waitrose got to do with anything?

It has everything to do with this thread.