Albion on the continent

ERF-Continental:
What’s going on here? A thread on Albion on the continent and after some posts it seems a contest of the most ugly lorry
as well as debate on jig saws and pictures on Willème. As a result on pre-Brexit?

A-ah! So you will have forgotten the week you subverted the ERF 1975 thread into a page-long ramble about Continental dustbin lorries and council utility vehicles - ahem. Pot - kettle - black - ! Forgive me. These are organic threads, remember. :wink:

Robert

Remember September…too many Neame’s or a shortage? LOL

I missed the launching of this thread. I must confess these Dutch Albions have strange cabs, but their typically local style is interesting, and probably offered more space than the standard British-made ones. Never seen any French-registered Albions.

ERF-Continental:
Remember September…too many Neame’s or a shortage? LOL

Not guilty, your honour! :wink:

Meanwhile… This export Albion Clydesdale is from 1948 according to the caption. Can’t see where the steering wheel is but it bears a foreign registration number. Spain, Belgium? Robert

Considering the only wiper in on the right, I’d say it’s RHD.

Froggy55:

And the mirror too, not one on the passenger side, as per England in those days…must have made it difficult for the poor driver…

Fergie47:

Froggy55:

And the mirror too, not one on the passenger side, as per England in those days…must have made it difficult for the poor driver…

One of the RHD colonies perhaps! Robert

Albion Clydesdale Caltex.jpgJust found this one on a French Forum. Seems to be operated by Caltex Africa Ltd, but in which country?

Froggy55:
0Just found this one on a French Forum. Seems to be operated by Caltex Africa Ltd, but in which country?

Registered to Jo’Burg

It’s been a while with fresh input.

Herewith a Dutch Albion as well as a copy of a “Claymore”-handbook, for sale by the way

Another found on Dutch ebay, a Chieftain Operator Handbook