albion motors.

I don,t know if this has been a topic before,but if not could we start one?

?

Here is a pic of mine then before and after

What stunning backgrounds you plced for the shots. :laughing: :laughing:

altitude:
What stunning backgrounds you plced for the shots. :laughing: :laughing:

2nd pic is outside mill where truck worked

As long as you get the motor in the shot dinny worry about the background life is life that’s the sort of environment they work in. Eddie.

one to start off :smiley:

Thanks guy,s,good start, keep them coming. :slight_smile:

Baxters Road Services Newcastle upon Tyne 723BBB, Albion Cheifton, 1957, Regards Larry.

Albion KL127,BDA 619,fleet no.8 fitted with Albion 4 cyl petrol engine

Albions,not sure of model,fleet no’s 1,2 and 4. No.4 was burnt out whilst having cab rebuilt at Seivewrights,bodybuilders in cleveland street Wolverhampton,when premises suffered a bomb dropped on it during WW2

Albion HD57 taken at BRS66

Hi Larry,that invoice would be for a Chieftain like this one?

pete smith:

Aye it would have been, My mate who bought this one was his first Albion & he went on to run many more on local & distance work, He allways said that they were good motors, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

pete smith:

Aye it would have been, My mate who bought this one was his first Albion & he went on to run many more on local & distance work, He allways said that they were good motors, Regards Larry.

The Chieftain i own Larry is well engineered,it has not been restored its been preserved,only thing that was replaced was plate on side of engine for water jacket as this had gone rotten,what i really like about it is the nice positive gear change,looking thru its service records only breakdown it suffered was broken half shaft that occured climbing up hill in Broadwaters Kidderminster with 10.5 ton on!,not bad considering it was’nt retired till late 70’s

travelled about in one when i was a boy with father seemed to take a long time to get anywhere :

milkmantom:
travelled about in one when i was a boy with father seemed to take a long time to get anywhere :

Nice pic of Albion CX7,where was it based?

pete smith:

Lawrence Dunbar:

pete smith:

The Chieftain i own Larry is well engineered,it has not been restored its been preserved,only thing that was replaced was plate on side of engine for water jacket as this had gone rotten,what i really like about it is the nice positive gear change,looking thru its service records only breakdown it suffered was broken half shaft that occured climbing up hill in Broadwaters Kidderminster with 10.5 ton on!,not bad considering it was’nt retired till late 70’s

Has it got the Homalloy cab Pete, Baxters had 2 with them with a fibreglass day light roof, Very cold things in the winter the one I drove was a coach built cab by Cawthorns in Newcastle who were as you know the Albion main dealers in those good old days, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

pete smith:

Lawrence Dunbar:

pete smith:

Has it got the Homalloy cab Pete, Baxters had 2 with them with a fibreglass day light roof, Very cold things in the winter the one I drove was a coach built cab by Cawthorns in Newcastle who were as you know the Albion main dealers in those good old days, Regards Larry.

No,its a Pilot cab,not to everyones taste that one piece screen,but i suppose they were trying to make them look more modern!!