Advice on Infringement Please

I left my card on ‘other work’ overnight a couple of weeks ago and on realising my mistake in the morning, did a printout and noted the mistake i had made. I also noted that i’d spent 13 hours on daily rest.
Our cards are analysed regularly and i had notification today that i have 7 infringements in the last period all pertaining to the fact that i left my card overnight on the wrong mode.

I have to see the Transport Manager tomorrow but i’m assuming that these 7 infringements are relating to WTD etc.

My argument is that surely i should have only the one infingement which is that of not selecting the correct mode.

This wouldnt usually bother me too much but our company has recently introduced a ‘flagging system’ whereby you get yellow, amber, red flags etc. against you depending on how many infringements you pick up in certain time periods.

Can anyone tell me how many rules i actuallly broke in the eyes of the law.

Thanks.

One , not switching tacho to rest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope the system will flag.
Wtd, insufficient BREAK. insufficient REST. A 2nd Wtd. Exceeded duty and a 2nd exceed duty.
Yes all infringements.
Easy to remedy

TAKE YOUR CARD OUT

Davnic:
did a printout and noted the mistake i had made. I also noted that i’d spent 13 hours on daily rest.

You did a printout and wrote an explanation on it but did you hand it in when your card was downloaded ?

If you did then it’s up-to the transport office to make the analysis company aware of it so they won’t issue a [zb] load of infringements.

Thanks for the replies.

I did hand in my printout and explained to my depot manger what i’d done however we are the smallest of 17 depots accross the country and to be honest i dont know if my printout would have been forwarded to the analysts at HQ or merely kept in our office.
I’ll certainly make the TM aware of this tomorrow though.

This only needs a little common sense to see what’s happened but common sense doesnt always prevail.

Davnic:
This only needs a little common sense to see what’s happened but common sense doesnt always prevail.

Unfortunately the company has a legal obligation by rights of the operators licence to bring your infringements to your attention so that you correct your mistakes.
If you fail to correct them they have the right to offer you additional training or even terminate your employment.