Messed up Manual Entry

As the title goes attempted a manual entry last week and messed it up, that day I started driving and tachograph showed i had already been driving for 40mins when in fact I had only just started my shift from the truckstop that morning so I knew something was wrong anyway carried on that day taking my appropriate breaks etc. Downloaded my card as usual on Fri at the end of my shift and it’s showing 2 infringements insufficient daily rest & driving time exceeded I always do a printout at the end of my shift and it appears that I finished duty on Wed 28/1 at 17:30 and even though should have been on daily rest until 06:10 on Thu 30/1 somehow managed to mess up a manual entry which shows other work from 00:00 on the Thu hence the insufficient daily rest and I’m assuming this is what as messed the driving hours up having looked at the printouts all my breaks are correct and where they should be wtd & Driving. I have written explanation on printout will this be ok? Only ever had infringements in past for wtd.

All you can do is write an explanation on a printout which is what you have done, if you haven’t yet received the infringements you should do another printout for the day in question and write an explanation on it then hand it into your transport office, it won’t stop you getting the infringements but it will show the reason was nothing more than a mistake, compliance people tend to like that you’re aware of what you’ve done wrong.

Keep the other printout with you in case you get stopped at a road-side check.

Sounds like your manual entries were put in wrong. I’ll get slated when you took your card out had you put it on rest first.
The reason I ask is That’s the advice seimans and stonbridge give. Also if your not doing work after you take your card out as you say your in a truck stop why would you want to do manual entries…

Nick I usually put it on rest prior to taking my card out at the end of the day however on the Wed I didn’t, put my card in on the Thu morning around 06:15 but wanted to show that I started my shift at 06:00 as this is when I was doing my driver checks but had forgot to insert card prior to doing checks. I’m usually pretty ■■■■ when it comes to being in a routine for finishing and starting my shifts but for whatever reason messed up on Wed/Thu.

nick2008:
Sounds like your manual entries were put in wrong. I’ll get slated when you took your card out had you put it on rest first.
The reason I ask is That’s the advice seimans and stonbridge give. Also if your not doing work after you take your card out as you say your in a truck stop why would you want to do manual entries…

So Nick are you saying that Seimans and Stoneridge advice is to put it onto bed before ejecting card ? If so i have never heard this before and have never done it.

bald bloke:

nick2008:

So Nick are you saying that Seimans and Stoneridge advice is to put it onto bed before ejecting card ? If so i have never heard this before and have never done it.

Yes I had it somewhere and did post the link a while back .

I’m now trolling through loads of stuff I’ve found I might put a thread up in the newbies section …

nick2008:
I’m now trolling through loads of stuff I’ve found I might put a thread up in the newbies section …

Good job you’ve got 6 weeks off :wink:

m1cks:

nick2008:

Good job you’ve got 6 weeks off :wink:

yeah tell me one and a bit weeks down :unamused:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

Discovered any interesting ■■■■ sites ? :smiley: :smiley:

bald bloke:

no new ones :blush:
got the lad to remove and install me new dishwasher though :sunglasses:
I can now be more of a

images.jpg

bald bloke:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

He’s on a forced hiatus from those sites. Broken arm something or other stops the fun.