Advice On A Infringement

So Ive been double maning the last three weeks due to on job training ( mostly POA mixed with a bit of driving and other work ) , anyways got back today and was told i had an infringement , I take a look and it states that I only had 5 odd hours daily rest ? I take a closer look and on the 30th it said I finished at 18.50 ish and stated I started again at 00.00 ? then nothing untill i did a bit of driving at around the 11oc mark the next afternoon. Now I took my card out the night before and put it back in around 4am ( first and only reduced daily of 9 Hrs that week ) to start the day like ive been doing the whole three weeks , I didn’t do any manual entries as I didn’t need to. I was on a night out but I was the lucky one and was staying in a hotel.

So Im told this could be a fine of around £200 … surely there has been some mistake somewhere ?

Just a thought does your firm have a cut of date for you infringement notice, like the 30th of ever month. Also you can put your card in and get a 24 hour printout of that day, get the 29th and the 30th and have a look at the two printouts.if it show you have put your card in at 00:00?.

delboytwo:
Just a thought does your firm have a cut of date for you infringement notice, like the 30th of ever month. Also you can put your card in and get a 24 hour printout of that day, get the 29th and the 30th and have a look at the two printouts.if it show you have put your card in at 00:00?.

Thx for the reply
Im off next week but I’ll get a printout the week after , and belive me unless I was sleep walking about 3 miles from my hotel to where my mate was parked up , got into a locked lorry and put my card in the tacho then Im really sure I didnt start at 00.00 , really can’t get my head around this

Wagman:

delboytwo:

Thx for the reply
Im off next week but I’ll get a printout the week after , and belive me unless I was sleep walking about 3 miles from my hotel to where my mate was parked up , got into a locked lorry and put my card in the tacho then Im really sure I didnt start at 00.00 , really can’t get my head around this

Just had another thought as you were doubled manned, could you of taken the wrong card out.
Or did you both remove the cards that night

delboytwo:
Or did you both remove the cards that night

He leaves his in on break but he would of been fast asleep at 00.00 , but its really all about it being 00.00 and the fact there must be something about that time as to why its done it ?

Is this down to that software that stops at midnight and then thinks anything after that is for the next shift ?

Last say the driver woken up at midnight and turned on the key it mite of took the tacho of bed and put it onto work, and that why I asked if your card was the one that was out at the time.

You see I have done that took cards out and I had his he had mine simple mistake but it happens

you’re employer is in the wrong.

ROG:
Is this down to that software that stops at midnight and then thinks anything after that is for the next shift ?

I hope so , but thinking about things I do remember one of the days when I put my card in it didn’t come up saying my name , just went onto duty but can’t remember what day it was.?