Add-blu pump Avonmouth truckstop

peirre:
Whatever happened to “if in doubt which one… ask”?

There was no “doubt”,
tunnel vision as two hoses out of same pump and took for granted both were derv.

nab:
I thought it was just me!
About a year ago I pulled in to Avonmouth for diesel put the nozzle in and as soon as I pulled the trigger I looked down and thought something was wrong and pulled the nozzle out straight away.
I was lucky and only splashed a little bit in and got away with it.
We are used to seeing seperate pumps or clearly labelled pumps for addblue and I can see why people are doing this at Avonmouth.
If it happens this often the truckstop should recognise there is a problem and sort it instead of sticking a bit of paper on the terminal.

The pumps have been refurbed since a year ago, can’t remember what they were like before.

The lighting isn’t brilliant there but when i fill up around 4am there’s still easily enough light to see the big sticker next to where you pick the handle up.

Also this sticker at the card machine;

ANYONE can make a mistake, and I’m definitely anyone, so no criticism from me…
Plus if I did, I can bet I’d be there doing exactly that next week! :laughing:

BristolTruck3r:

nab:
I thought it was just me!
About a year ago I pulled in to Avonmouth for diesel put the nozzle in and as soon as I pulled the trigger I looked down and thought something was wrong and pulled the nozzle out straight away.
I was lucky and only splashed a little bit in and got away with it.
We are used to seeing seperate pumps or clearly labelled pumps for addblue and I can see why people are doing this at Avonmouth.
If it happens this often the truckstop should recognise there is a problem and sort it instead of sticking a bit of paper
The pumps have been refurbed since a year ago, can’t remember what they were like before.

The lighting isn’t brilliant there but when i fill up around 4am there’s still easily enough light to see the big sticker next to where you pick the handle up.

Also this sticker at the card machine;

You’d need bloody dam good eye site to see that “big” sticker @ 6am on the card terminal,
sure it’s half wore out!!!

Also here is the “big” add-blu sticker on the pump that is in darkness@ 6am winter mornings due to position of lights direct opposite this side of pump!!! :

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

The way it SHOULD be done as this is the separate add-blu pump on the next island@ Avonmouth:

Maybe I’m wrong but can’t think of many other services or truckstops that have a derv and add-blu hose running out of the same standalone pump!!!

Big Truck:
The way it SHOULD be done as this is the separate add-blu pump on the next island@ Avonmouth:

Maybe I’m wrong but can’t think of many other services or truckstops that have a derv and add-blu hose running out of the same standalone pump!!!

Jesus Mary Joseph, Paddy, you’ve knocked the pump over aswell!
More looking, less tang waving, to be sure to be sure,

Muckaway:

Big Truck:

Jesus Mary Joseph, Paddy, you’ve knocked the pump over aswell!
More looking, less tang waving, to be sure to be sure,

I live in UK not Ireland!!! :unamused:

Big Truck:

BristolTruck3r:

Big Truck:

BristolTruck3r:
I don’t get what the problem is, what happened? Each pump is clearly marked what it is so you can’t fill up with the wrong thing.

Look at the pics how is add-blu no7 pump clearly marked!!!

-where you put your fuel card in and use the keypad, and press a number to state what pump you want to use there is a big sticker stating what pumps are diesel and what pump is ad blue. You literally can’t miss it… well…

The PUMP should be clearly marked not the bloody card terminal!!!

The pump is clearly marked it has a blue scuff guard on the nozzle . Do you Make the mistake of putting the green nozzle in on in on a normal forecourt . In fairness that type pump ( pumptronics ) doesn’t normally dispense adblue it will have been modified . The magnet can be activated by a steel tank or any steel around the filler as the collar in the adblue tank has a piece of metal in the collar

Big Truck:

trucken:
Did it put diesel in Ad blu tank or Ad blu in diesel tank?

Add-blue in diesel tank,
The nozzle ls faulty too didn’t click off at all as supposed to need magnets in normal add-blu tank to work.
The ECM guy managed to put 400L in!!!

As for the narrow hose yes should have caught on but “tunnel vision” after 14hr 58min spread previous day (Cardiff Gate to Hayle Cornwall 20mile from Land’s End with 4drops and 1 collection on way down) and on go again 5am!!!

There are small bore hoses about at truckstops derv pumps IE Golden Fleece J42 M6.

The nozzle isn’t faulty steel in the tank will fool it

chester1:
The magnet can be activated by a steel tank or any steel around the filler as the collar in the adblue tank has a piece of metal in the collar

Don’t think so - the collar in the filler on the vehicle has the magnet. The nozzle on the pump incorporates a magnetically operated switch.

Big Truck:

But it’s not a stand alone pump . Many will have gas oil out of one side

Roymondo:

chester1:
The magnet can be activated by a steel tank or any steel around the filler as the collar in the adblue tank has a piece of metal in the collar

Don’t think so - the collar in the filler on the vehicle has the magnet. The nozzle on the pump incorporates a magnetically operated switch.

You are correct just took one apart magnet is in the collar in the tank
IMG_0321.JPGas they get used the steel collar in the spout will become magnetised the tank will fool it .works via the over fill cut off ( vacume )

chester1:

Big Truck:

trucken:
Did it put diesel in Ad blu tank or Ad blu in diesel tank?

Add-blue in diesel tank,
The nozzle ls faulty too didn’t click off at all as supposed to need magnets in normal add-blu tank to work.
The ECM guy managed to put 400L in!!!

As for the narrow hose yes should have caught on but “tunnel vision” after 14hr 58min spread previous day (Cardiff Gate to Hayle Cornwall 20mile from Land’s End with 4drops and 1 collection on way down) and on go again 5am!!!

There are small bore hoses about at truckstops derv pumps IE Golden Fleece J42 M6.

The nozzle isn’t faulty steel in the tank will fool it

I haven’t come across a steel fuel tank on a truck in a VERY long time,
they’re all aluminium nowadays chum!!! :open_mouth: :wink:

chester1:

Big Truck:

But it’s not a stand alone pump . Many will have gas oil out of one side

IT IS!!!

Sure you can plainly see in the pics the derv hose out one side and the add-blu hose out the other and as I’ve stated in my honest opinion this is VERY rare in other truck refuelling sites I’ve used!!!

Big Truck:
I haven’t come across a steel fuel tank on a truck in a VERY long time,
they’re all aluminium nowadays chum!!! :open_mouth: :wink:

Pretty sure that even if the body of the tank is aluminium, the filler neck/hole will still be steel. Not that it makes any difference as the magnet is in the filler neck on an Ad-Blue tank, not in the nozzle.