A1 Transport cafe info

What was the old truck parked in the front of the garage before Normans on the right hand side,
was it a old Foden ?

8LXBV8BRIAN:
What was the old truck parked in the front of the garage before Normans on the right hand side,
was it a old Foden ?

No The guy in the garage had a Sentinal Steam Waggon, he used to run a school mini-bus. He was murdered but I cannot remember the details

Lonewolf Yorks:
Hi guys, I’m looking for info on the following A1 transport cafes. Mainly exact location and photos if poss.
I used to stay in the Tower Cafe at Biggleswade it was a bit on the rough side with 6-8 beds per room!
The Blue Star at Blyth was known as the Hilltop it was purpose built with single rooms, can you remember the windscreen stickers they gave out ‘Hilltop or Bust’
Normans Cafe at Brotherton used to be Ma Green’s before he took it over and located in an old railway carriage.

Tower Cafe, Lower Caldicote

Little Green Hut (also “Tonys”) somewhere near Gunnerby roundabout

Blue Star, Blyth. Location known, photos??

Ferrybridge Cafe probably closer to Brotherton as I understand it

Morleys somewhere in the Markham Moor area. Possibly morphed into Markham Moor truckstop.

Cheers Wolfie

If I remember correctly Markham Moor cafe stood just about where the Hotel is now.It seemed to be always busy and remember the chip butties swimming in grease!,The Haven Cafe at Skellow did a fantastic buttie,Normans did a good dinner but there were times when if you were running late there’d be nowt left.

Lonewolf Yorks:
Hi guys, I’m looking for info on the following A1 transport cafes. Mainly exact location and photos if poss.

Tower Cafe, Lower Caldicote

Little Green Hut (also “Tonys”) somewhere near Gunnerby roundabout

Blue Star, Blyth. Location known, photos??

Ferrybridge Cafe probably closer to Brotherton as I understand it

Morleys somewhere in the Markham Moor area. Possibly morphed into Markham Moor truckstop.

Cheers Wolfie

I used to stay in the Tower Cafe at Biggleswade it was a bit on the rough side with 6-8 beds per room!
The Blue Star at Blyth was known as the Hilltop it was purpose built with single rooms, can you remember the windscreen stickers they gave out ‘Hilltop or Bust’
Normans Cafe at Brotherton used to be Ma Green’s before he took it over and located in an old railway carriage

mick palmer:
If I remember correctly Markham Moor cafe stood just about where the Hotel is now.It seemed to be always busy and remember the chip butties swimming in grease!,The Haven Cafe at Skellow did a fantastic buttie,Normans did a good dinner but there were times when if you were running late there’d be nowt left.

Hello Mick,long time no hear. :smiley:

Morley’s at Markham Moor only closed at about 8-00pm on a saturday and reopened at 0600 on a sunday.It was always busy,don’t know why as the grub was crap and the servers even worse.Night time was the scruffiest,but it was still busy,a lot of trunkers and produce wagons used it,just for a brew,at least that’s all I used it for,except for dodgy nights out as it was easy to get a lift to Sheffield from there. :laughing:

transporter man:

8LXBV8BRIAN:
was it a old Foden ?

No The guy in the garage had a Sentinal Steam Waggon, he used to run a school mini-bus. He was murdered but I cannot remember the details

I think the guy with the sentinal was called Ted Ashton.