Blue Star Hill Top Cafe Blyth

We’re forming a modern archive of Transport Cafés of the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s and would like any images, photographs or information regarding Blue Star Hilltop Café at Blyth, and the Robin Hood Services, White Post - Farnsfield, Notts.

We already have many images of Robin Hood Services, Farnsfield and we are quite prepared to swap, trade or supply these as it was more local to ourselves, but will gladly pay any costs of copying photographs etc. We’d also be prepared to travel to anybody who has them so they don’t have to leave your possession.

Thanks in anticipation.

My Father was the Manager at hilltop from 1959 till 1965, I do have some Photos and I will put them on when I get back to the U K,There were 50 rooms for Drivers every night the fish tracks would stop there on there way to London. BRS,■■■■■■■■■
I would work on the pumps in the holidays.
I have stopped there on two journeys just to have a look now it is all gone.

david parker:
My Father was the Manager at hilltop from 1959 till 1965, I do have some Photos and I will put them on when I get back to the U K,There were 50 rooms for Drivers every night the fish tracks would stop there on there way to London. BRS,[zb],

Can you remember the plaques they used to sell to drivers to fit onto their grills, The Hilltop Or Bust ■■ Regards Larry.

I’ve got various pics of cafes, open and closed down. Are you doing the whole country or, just local to you?

Lawrence Dunbar:

david parker:
My Father was the Manager at hilltop from 1959 till 1965, I do have some Photos and I will put them on when I get back to the U K,There were 50 rooms for Drivers every night the fish tracks would stop there on there way to London. BRS,[zb],

Can you remember the plaques they used to sell to drivers to fit onto their grills, The Hilltop Or Bust ■■ Regards Larry.

I can remember reading them for quite long periods, when they were stuck on the back of wagons in the '60s. Very apt I thought, …on any hill! :frowning:

Lawrence Dunbar:

david parker:

Yes I do Lawrence my dad came up with the Idea I would love to get one,We had one on the front of my dads car so we all ways got flashed.
There is one on you tube put in hilltop café blyth.
All the best Dave.

Can remember using the blue star caffe.It was an icy morning and i was traveling north,at the side of the
A1 nearing markham moore was a run up into the blue star car park.At the bottom of the run up was a
lay by with fuel pumps.BEING YOUNG AND FOOLISH,i attempted to climb the run up with a leyland buffallo
artic with a tilt trailer,forgetting how icy it was.Nearly at the top when she started to slide down on the
ice.Nasty taste in underpants comes to mind.I slid down with the handbrake on into the slow lane of the
A1.Looky for me it was early and no traffic.WONT FORGET THAT IN HURRY,still think about it now with
39years driving lorries experience.I would love to see some photo’s of the old caffe lets hope someone
posts some.

Did we get any pics of the Hilltop cafe, I’d love to see them?

Hilltop or Bust.jpg