A cut above the rest TruckNet drivers top 10

LMFAO…

Radar.

Oh dear, Que Mr thickest of them all. I am sure you will be hysterical over that doodle. :unamused:

UKtramp:
I am sure you will be hysterical over that doodle. :unamused:

Well…

Yeah, I did find it very funny.

Well, I don’t know if I’m on your list or not mate, and tbh I’m not really fussed. :bulb:

The way I see it a…‘‘Cut Above’’ suggests an air of superiority, that brings with it an element of looking down on others.
I was always brought up not to look down on anybody and treat everyone as equal, and I do to this day, unless I am crossed.

As for drivers they are like every other cross section of society, some are intelligent, some are average, some are a bit less intelligent and some are as thick as pig ■■■■.
Thing with driving is you do not need a high level of education to do the job, some of the best drivers I know are not academically proficient, and as well as being good drivers they are bloody good lads that you can trust…
Others I have known included a fully qualified (eccentric) solicitor who bought a top of the range F10 Globetrotter, and ran the Middle East in the 80s, …he was taken to the cleaners, by the not as well educated sharks in the haulage game.
So make of that what you will.

robroy:
Well, I don’t know if I’m on your list or not mate, and tbh I’m not really fussed. :bulb:

The way I see it a…‘‘Cut Above’’ suggests an air of superiority, that brings with it an element of looking down on others.
I was always brought up not to look down on anybody and treat everyone as equal, and I do to this day, unless I am crossed.

As for drivers they are like every other cross section of society, some are intelligent, some are average, some are a bit less intelligent and some are as thick as pig [zb].
Thing with driving is you do not need a high level of education to do the job, some of the best drivers I know are not academically proficient, and as well as being good drivers they are bloody good lads that you can trust…
Others I have known included a fully qualified (eccentric) solicitor who bought a top of the range F10 Globetrotter, and ran the Middle East in the 80s, …he was taken to the cleaners, by the not as well educated sharks in the haulage game.

The comment you make now is exactly what I wanted, a discussion over a variety of backgrounds. differing levels of intelligence. acumen etc. what makes some people better than others in some areas, ie what makes Einstein, Stephen Hawkins & others so great. I am not looking down on anyone and neither are those posters who are on MY list of better than most. My topic would have been why are these posters so good, are some drivers in better jobs than others and why. That’s it plain & simple. Interesting to some not to others obviously.

POST THE LIST FFS.

robroy:

As for drivers they are like every other cross section of society, some are intelligent, some are average, some are a bit less intelligent and some are as thick as pig [zb].

As you say from this statement Rob, some are intelligent, some are average, some are a bit less intelligent and some are as thick as pig [zb]. So what is the difference between the posters on here, I merely compiled a list of who I consider as my top 10. Others could agree or disagree and suggest others whom they consider as a top 10 poster. I would have loved to have discussed my theory on why this is and it may have at the same time helped some others who only think they cannot better themselves. I have a very interesting back ground and have come from nothing to having been quite successful. I was more interested in helping than poking fun. That is the top and bottom of it.

Carrot dangling then taking the carrot away. It would have been fun to see the list and some of the possible fall out.

simcor:
Carrot dangling then taking the carrot away. It would have been fun to see the list and some of the possible fall out.

I am quite sure there would have been fallout, there would more likely be posters who consider themselves as automatically would appear on the list then throw a tantrum as they are so self obsessed. I really care not not though tbh as it affects me not. As the old saying goes “I’m all right Jack”

At the end of the day your allowed your opinion on a subject as is everyone. It would be boring if we all just agreed all the time.

It would certainly have been a talking point thread.

UKtramp:

robroy:

The comment you make now is exactly what I wanted, a discussion over a variety of backgrounds. differing levels of intelligence. acumen etc. what makes some people better than others in some areas, ie what makes Einstein, Stephen Hawkins & others so great. I am not looking down on anyone and neither are those posters who are on MY list of better than most. My topic would have been why are these posters so good, are some drivers in better jobs than others and why. That’s it plain & simple. Interesting to some not to others obviously.

There are many people who aren’t academic gifted who do very well in life, I believe many of the most successful self made business tycoons left school without qualifications. I’ve known some very successful people who could hardly read and write, but knew how to make money. Though if they were to post on here they’d probably be slated and maybe considered thick because of their poor spelling and grammar.

Then you have people who are very academically capable, but struggle dealing with life in general, The Big Bang Theory might be fiction, but there is more than a little truth in its portrayal of people who can understand the finer point of astrophysics, but struggle interacting with ordinary people, especially women, and everyday life. Although the same could be said of me, except the bit about understanding astrophysics. :blush: :laughing:

As for posters on here there are some who I think know their stuff and I take on board their advice when they’ve replied to a question I’ve posted. There are some who I respect from reading their posts over the years, even if I don’t always agree with their opinion. There are others I find funny or interesting and whose posts I enjoy reading and others who I really have no time for and whose posts read like their the loud one in a haulage yard or RDC waiting room, who think they know everything and regurgitate the same old stories I’ve heard from similar drivers since the day I started this job.

excellent post muckles. Bravo sir.

Cat Facepalm.gif

muckles:

UKtramp:

robroy:

There are many people who aren’t academic gifted who do very well in life, I believe many of the most successful self made business tycoons left school without qualifications. I’ve known some very successful people who could hardly read and write, but knew how to make money. Though if they were to post on here they’d probably be slated and maybe considered thick because of their poor spelling and grammar.

Then you have people who are very academically capable, but struggle dealing with life in general, The Big Bang Theory might be fiction, but there is more than a little truth in its portrayal of people who can understand the finer point of astrophysics, but struggle interacting with ordinary people, especially women, and everyday life. Although the same could be said of me, except the bit about understanding astrophysics. :blush: :laughing:

As for posters on here there are some who I think know their stuff and I take on board their advice when they’ve replied to a question I’ve posted. There are some who I respect from reading their posts over the years, even if I don’t always agree with their opinion. There are others I find funny or interesting and whose posts I enjoy reading and others who I really have no time for and whose posts read like their the loud one in a haulage yard or RDC waiting room, who think they know everything and regurgitate the same old stories I’ve heard from similar drivers since the day I started this job.

Teacher’s pet. He’s graded you an excellent :laughing:

Winseer:

:laughing:

UKtramp:

simcor:

I am quite sure there would have been fallout, there would more likely be posters who consider themselves as automatically would appear on the list then throw a tantrum as they are so self obsessed. I really care not not though tbh as it affects me not. As the old saying goes “I’m all right Jack”

Not writing a list has caused more blabbing than not writing it. Or was that the plan Watson? :laughing: Nett result down, everyone has read the title and thinks you’re stringing it.

We’ve had lists on here for more faught over things. Who has the shortest arms, the hariest set of such and suches. The most misleading titles thread awards, The fastest Suzie connecting hand in the west Oscars. We even have a best poster of the year list.

Does anyone actualy give a toss as to who’s on his bloody list or not ■■ (apart from the 10 who think that they are …)

raymundo:
Does anyone actualy give a toss as to who’s on his bloody list or not ■■ (apart from the 10 who think that they are …)

Who are the 10 that think they’re on it?

James the cat:

raymundo:

and are those that think they’re on it, evidence of the Dunning Kruger effect in action? :laughing:

Am I now being too clever, thus showing my stupidity. :confused:

muckles:

James the cat:

raymundo:

and are those that think they’re on it, evidence of the Dunning Kruger effect in action? :laughing:

Am I now being too clever, thus showing my stupidity. :confused:

Do us a favour Muckles, just hold my turkey leg whilst I clap.

These jesters aren’t what they used to be…