Same social status as cleaners

Its official, i read in a sunday paper that lists truck drivers alongside cleaners and other unskilled labourers,so if you meet a classy bird, or want to impress,and are asked what you do, whatever you do dont mention truck driving… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

they let you out of jail again tony… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ye dernt mention that to a classy bird… :wink: :wink: :wink:

Some chicks are impressed by truckers :open_mouth:. My ex used to think it was superb and came with me whenever possible but her dad regularly referred to me as “a low-life non-educated greasy-arsed trucker” :open_mouth: :frowning:.

Although family problems at the time hindered me from going on to take A-levels and possibly uni, I don’t think 10 GCSE passes at C and above can be classed as “non-educated”. He was the Scottish area manager for Graham (builders products/tile place I think) and wanted his daughter to “find someone better” although of course she was perfectly happy with me regardless of my career choice :confused:.

hey Tone, how you been M8? you just love it dont ya, by the way, thanks for the info M8, ive been telling birds all these years I was a cleaner too impress em! now I can just come right out with it! :laughing: :laughing:

had right then didnt he :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
tony i wish idiots on sunday papers could comeup with something more constructive but if its a slow news week out come the polls and because it show stats everyone beleaives them i gave up read papers now i just read the sport funniest paper out there oh and private eye to

personally i couldnt care less what anyone thinks im proude of what i do
i just wish i could spell maybe its the vodka an lemon takeing effect

Rob K:
Some chicks are impressed by truckers :open_mouth:. My ex used to think it was superb and came with me whenever possible but her dad regularly referred to me as “a low-life non-educated greasy-arsed trucker” :open_mouth: :frowning:.

Although family problems at the time hindered me from going on to take A-levels and possibly uni, I don’t think 10 GCSE passes at C and above can be classed as “non-educated”. He was the Scottish area manager for Graham (builders products/tile place I think) and wanted his daughter to “find someone better” although of course she was perfectly happy with me regardless of my career choice :confused:.

good on you rob,my own mother is a bit like that.wants to choose who we met and married,boy did i p her off when i came home a week b4 i was due to be married and gave her her invite to the service,if i’d had a camera her face was a perfect wedding present. :wink: :wink:

Just because we drive trucks it doesn’t mean that we are all uneducated. I have a BA Hons in Accounting and Finance, returned to trucking as its less stressful and its what I’m happier doing for the mo.

placidcasual:
Just because we drive trucks it doesn’t mean that we are all uneducated. I have a BA Hons in Accounting and Finance, returned to trucking as its less stressful and its what I’m happier doing for the mo.

Jesus placid, i reckon that means you can count past 19! :wink: :laughing:

Not sure about that, might have to go back to the text books!!! :lol:

TEXT BOOKS…■■?
never heard of that lorry :blush: :blush: :blush:

Mal:

placidcasual:

Jesus placid, i reckon that means you can count past 19! :wink: :laughing:

Yeah, seems to have missed the numbers 9, 10, 11 and 4.5 though… :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing:

Very good, I tip my hat to you…

If you have a problem with your social status.
A. you are very sad
B. don’t be a truck driver.
We all know that most people see us as labourers, but what do they know and what does it matter?

TONY:
Its official, i read in a sunday paper that lists truck drivers alongside cleaners and other unskilled labourers,so if you meet a classy bird, or want to impress,and are asked what you do, whatever you do dont mention truck driving… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sounds about right to me all a truck driver is really is a glorified labourer with and extra letter or two on his/her licence.

Having been in the company of ladies in the past and they ask what i did then i said i was a trucker the usual response was do you go abroad?, they seemed less impressed when i said no.

“What do you do?”

“I drive.”

“What do you drive?”

“Articulated Lorries.”

“Oh.”

That about sums up the level of conversation :laughing: :unamused: :blush: :open_mouth: :grimacing:.

Sod 'em. I’d sooner not drive a desk thanks :wink: .

Mostly I find women are quite impressed and ask questions about how you manoeuvre a truck round a town or about how you stay awake on long journey’s. Also common is that complaint about trucks being intimidating on motorways.
However Jammymutts right about the being questioned about driving on the continent. I think continental work is still seen as an adventurous life.
They lose interest when you can’t get home to see them each night or they see the pay rate. :laughing:

muckles:
Mostly I find women are quite impressed and ask questions about how you manoeuvre a truck round a town or about how you stay awake on long journey’s. Also common is that complaint about trucks being intimidating on motorways.
However Jammymutts right about the being questioned about driving on the continent. I think continental work is still seen as an adventurous life.
They lose interest when you can’t get home to see them each night or they see the pay rate. :laughing:

This is all very true :confused:

Over here in the USA we are treated like the scum of the earth…but in saying that when you see a big fat truck driver weighing 300lbs+ & that is in his 50s and he has a woman hanging of his arm & she’s about 30 and is about 100lbs and looks like gods gift to men has to say something? it must be like the biker thing? big fat ugly sweats that are 60+ with a bird on the back of the bike that just like she’s got of the breast :open_mouth: now you tell me what thats all about? maybe a farther figue thing…I dont know?..but it’s the truth… I see it everyday :frowning: maybe it’s time for bully to pull the ring off his finger and see whats out there :smiley: just dont tell the wife ok guys :wink:

Bully

:blush: :blush: I have to admit to being well educated and starting to drive as a means of avoiding the stress. That was a mistake wasn’t it??
With regard to the question of what I do, my reply is ‘I keep motorists alive’. The effect can be quite amusing :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :grimacing: