9hrs drive

Andrejs:
4h30 min but ready infrigiment.

I’ve no idea what that’s about but it certainly isn’t illegal to drive for 4.5 hours before having a break, maybe it’s company policy to have a break before reaching 4.5 hours driving but it certainly isn’t against the law.

Here’s a quote from the regulations ((EC) 561/2006), notice it says “after a driving period of four and a half hours a driver shall take and uninterrupted break…”, it doesn’t say before it says after :wink:

After a driving period of four and a half hours a driver shall
take an uninterrupted break of not less than 45 minutes,
unless he takes a rest period

I can only suggest you ask your TM for an explanation.

Anyway nobody give penalty for this .Just may be will sign 1 extra infrigement paper.

Keep pressing the down arrow on your tacho head when your stopped and it will show how many reduced rest you’ve left that week AND how many 10hr drives.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

tachograph:

Andrejs:

I’ve no idea what that’s about but it certainly isn’t illegal to drive for 4.5 hours before having a break, maybe it’s company policy to have a break before reaching 4.5 hours driving but it certainly isn’t against the law.

Here’s a quote from the regulations ((EC) 561/2006), notice it says “after a driving period of four and a half hours a driver shall take and uninterrupted break…”, it doesn’t say before it says after :wink:

Only thing I can think of is he did some other work after the 4.5hrs drive instead of straight to break?

Andrejs:

That infringement is from 23/03/18.

It simply suggests you have not had enough break to reset your driving time when you reached 4 hrs 30 mins.

It doesn’t tell you the whole story on the digipostpro just that you have an infringement on that date for that reason.

You will need to do a full print out or wait for the infringement paperwork to be handed to you to figure out what has happened.

Without knowing more detail it is impossible for anyone to tell you where you have gone wrong.

tachograph:

Andrejs:

Tachomaster analysis software flags up a driving period of 4 hours 30 minutes as an infringement, as did the tachograph in my Renault Magnum. Which is logical really, because four-and-a-half hours is exceeded whether you go one second, one minute or one hour past it.

Fuzrat:

tachograph:

Andrejs:

Only thing I can think of is he did some other work after the 4.5hrs drive instead of straight to break?

No, quite simply a driving period of 4h30 is in excess of four-and-a-half hours.

Think about the television programme “The Crystal Maze”. Contestants will be told “You have two minutes to solve the problem”. The siren goes off on the “t” of “two”. You have two minutes, not two minutes and two seconds.

It’s the same as that. :wink:

Considering most tachos rounded up to nearest minute then showing 4.5 hours driving it unlikely you have actually achieved 4.5 hours driving.

If the tacho says 4 hrs 30 it’s 4 hrs 30 mins no more.

Same with people who say your break has to have an extra minute on just in case.

I regularly have exactly 15 min and 30 Mon breaks or a 45 min break and have never had an infringement for insufficient break doing it this way.

I have also driven up to dead on 4 hrs 30 mins before a first or second break and not had an infringement for it.

That’s my take on it.

Every minute counts: According to the EU 1266/2009 regulation, a tachograph minute will only be recorded as driving time on the DTCO[emoji768] 2.1 active, if driving represents the longest activity within a given minute

So only minutes that have driving as the longest activity are recorded as driving by the tachograph. Hence the reason you can be on break move the truck a few yards and flick it back on break and because only short period was movement it won’t record it as driving and continues the break recording.

I’m sorry but as far I am concerned 4 hrs 30 mins is fine 4hrs 31 mins which may not be quite 1 minute over then that is an infringement if driving represents the longest activity.

As I understand it the tacho would show 4h 30min if you stop at 4h 29min 31s therefore not an infringement.

Harry Monk:
No, quite simply a driving period of 4h30 is in excess of four-and-a-half hours.

No it’s not, for EU regulations driving time is what’s recorded on the tachograph as driving time.

As far as EU regulations are concerned if the tachograph says you’ve done four and a half hours driving then you’ve done four and a half hours driving and not a second more.

Sent from my mobile.

Fundamentally all we know about the issue is that the software on that particular analysis device considers 4h30 to be an infringement.

The software/devices that the DVSA use might well (will probably!) take a different view of the situation? The EU tech specs might clarify the matter

Fuzrat:

tachograph:

Andrejs:

Absolutely no.Was driving and was plenty time.But after was traffic ,temporary traffic ligh.I come to Waitrose in Aylesford.But there need do 2 circly to get office,good in.Just stop at the bay and press break.

tachograph:

Harry Monk:

No it’s not, for EU regulations driving time is what’s recorded on the tachograph as driving time.

As far as EU regulations are concerned if the tachograph says you’ve done four and a half hours driving then you’ve done four and a half hours driving and not a second more.

All I can really say is that I believe that the tachograph analysis software that Andrejs is using is interpreting the regulations correctly.

simcor:

Andrejs:

That infringement is from 23/03/18.

It simply suggests you have not had enough break to reset your driving time when you reached 4 hrs 30 mins.

It doesn’t tell you the whole story on the digipostpro just that you have an infringement on that date for that reason.

You will need to do a full print out or wait for the infringement paperwork to be handed to you to figure out what has happened.

Without knowing more detail it is impossible for anyone to tell you where you have gone wrong.

Between 12:33 and 17:11 you did 4 hours 30 minutes driving then did 1 minute other work before having a break, there’s your infringement.

The regulations require you to have a 45 minute break immediately after 4 hours 30 minutes driving.

I’ve done 9 hrs 45 driving today , parked up on 13 hrs 15 mins , the planner is raving / ranting I could of carried on for another 2 hrs :laughing: , got 2 hrs closer to my collection :laughing:
this planner is harder work than the others , he can’t get his head round you can run out of driving time before work time .
apparently I’m going to have a long day tomorrow now :laughing:

tachograph:
Between 12:33 and 17:11 you did 4 hours 30 minutes driving then did 1 minute other work before having a break, there’s your infringement.

The regulations require you to have a 45 minute break immediately after 4 hours 30 minutes driving.

Another job it is not driving time.drivers can drive 4h 29 min and taked after 5 minute and will ok.

After a driving period of no more than 4.5 hours, a driver must immediately take a break of at least 45 minutes unless they take a rest period. A break taken in this way must not be interrupted. For example:

I’d was not aware that the word immediately was included so I looked it up on the .gov web site. The quote above suggests that if you take your break after, for example, 4 hours driving you must also take the break immediately since 4 hours is no more than 4.5 hours.

Mystery Action:

After a driving period of no more than 4.5 hours, a driver must immediately take a break of at least 45 minutes unless they take a rest period. A break taken in this way must not be interrupted. For example:

I’d was not aware that the word immediately was included so I looked it up on the .gov web site. The quote above suggests that if you take your break after, for example, 4 hours driving you must also take the break immediately since 4 hours is no more than 4.5 hours.

The word immediately is not in the regulations it is however in the DVSA guide which is what you’ve read, you can do less than 4.5 hours driving and not immediately take a break.

The exact wording of the regulations is as follows: