£8000 a truck

Stanley Mitchell:

Wee Man:
I get that mate, 8k non negotiable I don’t dispute that at all, as far as the units go, J + B haulage cricklade do 15/16 plate mans scannys and Volvos 44t for £300 to £350 a week, check it out,

I was just saying I thought 50 to 100k was a lot that’s all.

It would be nice if J+B actually came back with an answer to my genuine enquiry [via their website] :open_mouth:

They must be very busy, that`s all I can say :unamused:

Yeah they are not the best at replying through the site, I had the same issue, but I’ve delivered fuel a few times there so I’ve spoken to the management a few times directly and seen the units and setup etc.

Wee Man:

Stanley Mitchell:

Wee Man:
I get that mate, 8k non negotiable I don’t dispute that at all, as far as the units go, J + B haulage cricklade do 15/16 plate mans scannys and Volvos 44t for £300 to £350 a week, check it out,

I was just saying I thought 50 to 100k was a lot that’s all.

It would be nice if J+B actually came back with an answer to my genuine enquiry [via their website] :open_mouth:

They must be very busy, that`s all I can say :unamused:

Yeah they are not the best at replying through the site, I had the same issue, but I’ve delivered fuel a few times there so I’ve spoken to the management a few times directly and seen the units and setup etc.

I struggle to get my head around this problem in 2021, where you have potential customers actually going through the process required via their website asking genuine questions about various operational situations, and they don`t have the systems in place to give concise answers, and grab the business :unamused:

Mind you, I`ve had the same problem with Hexagon Leasing, and they were chasing me :open_mouth: :blush:

It’s probably something as simple as people in the office failing to speak to each other, too many modern firms are locked into the idea that everything has to be communicated digitally, logged and monitored and a bunch of other nonsense, when all that is needed for a smooth operation is for these guys to turn away from their phones and laptops and open their mouths to talk :unamused:

I take my hat off to anyone brave enough to “go it alone” in this current market, it certainly wouldn’t be me!

Most drivers I know that went it alone just moved down to vans.
Less hassle driving vans and you can still do long haul work.

Probably be good experience as well running your own business and being self employed before doing all the extra hassle of trying do it with a HGV.

walter-leasing.com/uk/en/k/tractor-units
Lot cheaper then £600 a week

Zac_A:
I’m not sure if you referring to the original question or not, but the £8000 for the first vehicle isn’t open to negotiation, if you can’t show that, then the TC won’t let you have your O licence.

And I’m not sure what kind of rental tractor unit you’d get for £300 a week, here’s two from Salford Hire, both nearer to £600 pw