Anyone thinking of buying the truck?

except of truck which is easy to buy how much are additional costs? cheers.

joker83:
except of truck which is easy to buy how much are additional costs? cheers.

Pardon? What truck?

Here might be a good place to ask

viewforum.php?f=4

But fuel
maintenance
trailer ■■
where kept

Sure this is a lot more but just to start with

The truck is not the easy bit really finding a decent used motor is a total minefield get it wrong and it will finish you.

Firstly you will need an operator CPC an ‘O’ licence, an operating centre,and a maintenance contract.

Insurance, road tax, tyres, fuel, the list goes on and on you will also need enough money to run before you are paid usually 90 days 30 if you’re very lucky then you will need ongoing work and a lot of luck and thats just for starters.

If you can pay yourself £100 a week more than I earn as an employed driver you are doing well, you won’t be able to.

If was so easy we would all be OD’s.

how to get a million £ in haulage?
Start with £2 million …

mike68:
The truck is not the easy bit really finding a decent used motor is a total minefield get it wrong and it will finish you.

Firstly you will need an operator CPC an ‘O’ licence, an operating centre,and a maintenance contract.

Insurance, road tax, tyres, fuel, the list goes on and on you will also need enough money to run before you are paid usually 90 days 30 if you’re very lucky then you will need ongoing work and a lot of luck and thats just for starters.

If you can pay yourself £100 a week more than I earn as an employed driver you are doing well, you won’t be able to.

If was so easy we would all be OD’s.

Completely agree with all of this, and I’m an OD.

Legislation and the Traffic Commisioners seem to favour fewer, larger firms rather than new starts and small hauliers.

cheap motor here you go £17,000 ONO apart from the step covers im keeping them and stone guard, unless i get the asking price :grimacing:

burnley-si:
cheap motor here you go £17,000 ONO apart from the step covers im keeping them and stone guard, unless i get the asking price :grimacing:

I’m assuming that’s a 4x2 and you haven’t got a couple of small wheel hidden behind the skirt?

If it is stick on a website called Racecarsdirect.com, might get a bit of interest from some race teams, although most wouldn’t want the stone and mirror guards. we sold our 1m kms, 03 plate FH12 on there last year, probably would of ended up for export otherwise.

burnley-si:

Is that what you’re offering to pay someone to take it off your hands? If so then it’s not enough :grimacing:

Can an 07 plate Scanny go in the London LEZ without paying £250 a day?

17000 pounds?! Is that the weight of all the extras?

Conor:

we just had to replace the 05 Plate and 55 plate

burnley-si:

What you replacing it with Si or did it only come up for sale with this thread :grimacing:

Steve-o:

burnley-si:

Is that what you’re offering to pay someone to take it off your hands? If so then it’s not enough :grimacing:

if it was a man/daf/renault then yes as they would be feked lol at the age and mileage :laughing: :laughing: and for the money you will not find a better cleaner truck for that sort of money

Mattwoodtransport:

burnley-si:

What you replacing it with Si or did it only come up for sale with this thread :grimacing:

fingers crossed its blue and starts with a 7 but im at the do i dont i, do i dont i, the money is there for it, but then when i sit down and thing about it sheeet its a morgage and some over 4 years :cry: :cry:

get it bought matt, at this sort of money it will cost in to put and mini midlift on her

Conor:

It was £200 unless it’s gone up ,you can go in any lorry if it’s got a euro 4 standard exhaust on .

06 or newer innit■■?

No.

Conor:

yes it can euro 4 :grimacing: