10 Hour Drive Time

dcgpx:
Thought you couldn’t split breaks?

If he had 5 days off in one go as rest don’t you have to count it for one of the weeks it crosses over but not both?[emoji45]

A weekly rest period that crosses two weeks can be used for either but not both weeks, but you can have back to back weekly rest periods.

A rest period of 69 hours that crosses two weeks can be counted as a regular weekly rest period for week 1 and a reduced weekly rest period for week 2, likewise a weekly rest period of 90 hours that crosses 2 weeks can be used as regular 45 hour weekly rest periods for both weeks.

tachograph:

dcgpx:
Thought you couldn’t split breaks?

If he had 5 days off in one go as rest don’t you have to count it for one of the weeks it crosses over but not both?[emoji45]

A weekly rest period that crosses two weeks can be used for either but not both weeks, but you can have back to back weekly rest periods.

A rest period of 69 hours that crosses two weeks can be counted as a regular weekly rest period for week 1 and a reduced weekly rest period for week 2, likewise a weekly rest period of 90 hours that crosses 2 weeks can be used as regular 45 hour weekly rest periods for both weeks.

Sorry Tachograph but I’m being thick( again)

Am I right in thinking that -

If it’s a normal 45 weekly that crosses 2 weeks then you can use it for either week but obviously not both.

Now … if say your breaks over a minimum 69hrs ie 45+24 and is done in a continuous break then you can split that time to use first 45 for week 1 and then the other 24+ for a reduced week 2?

If so then at least one set of rules I can use to my advantage over winter to get extra shift in on my 4/4 rota

Won’t do any more than I have to at mo cos summer soon and kids hols start [emoji3] make most of my time off with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tachograph:
You can have 2 extended driving days (10 hour drives) in a fixed week Monday to Sunday.
You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods.

If you work Saturday to Tuesday you could have extended driving days on all 4 days because you will only have 2 in each week.

If driver start drive Sunday and finish Monday morning and was done 9+ driving time.It is counted form last week or new week.

dcgpx:
Now … if say your breaks over a minimum 69hrs ie 45+24 and is done in a continuous break then you can split that time to use first 45 for week 1 and then the other 24+ for a reduced week 2?

That’s correct, though obviously the total rest period has to cross two weeks for you to be able to count it as 2 weekly rest periods :slight_smile:

Also bear in mind that after back to back weekly rest periods you can still only do a maximum of six 24 hour periods (144 hours) before starting a new weekly rest period.

For confirmation read Section 1.5 (Weekly Rest Periods) - DVSA Guide to EU and AETR rules on drivers’ hours

A weekly rest period that falls in 2 weeks may be counted in either week but
not in both. However, where such a rest period is of at least 69 hours in total
and starts in one fixed week and ends in the next fixed week, it may be counted
as 2 back-to-back weekly rests (eg a 45-hour weekly rest followed by 24 hours),
provided that no more than 144 hours (6 x 24 hours) has elapsed since the end
of the previous weekly rest period and start of the following weekly rest period.

Andrejs:

tachograph:
You can have 2 extended driving days (10 hour drives) in a fixed week Monday to Sunday.
You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods.

If you work Saturday to Tuesday you could have extended driving days on all 4 days because you will only have 2 in each week.

If driver start drive Sunday and finish Monday morning and was done 9+ driving time.It is counted form last week or new week.

The regulations say that “the daily driving time may be extended to at most 10 hours not more than twice during the week” so I would say that if the 9 hours driving time is extended after Sunday midnight it counts as an extended driving day for week 2, otherwise it counts for week 1.

Though I should say that I’ve never seen any confirmation of this by the DVSA.