10 hour drive time question?

Am I right in thinking I’ve got 3 possible 10h drives up to Thursday as I’ve done one this week on Tuesday and have had Saturday off ,working today Sunday through to Thursday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only if you do 10 hours on Sunday.
It’s 2 x 10 a week.
Week starts at midnight sunday/Monday doesn’t matter if you have had your weekly rest midweek or not

Correct.

If you start the 10th hour before sunday midnight it counts as this week but if you start the 10th hour drive after sunday midnight it counts as next week

As said - max 2 per week

ROG:
If you start the 10th hour before sunday midnight it counts as this week but if you start the 10th hour drive after sunday midnight it counts as next week

As said - max 2 per week

Thanks [emoji16]but parked up with 3 mins spare to 9 hours [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If your working week starts on sunday, and you have a 10hr drive left from your week then yes you can do a 10 on the Sunday as long as you finish before midnight Sunday, you then have two tens for the next week.

It’s another anomaly within the rules designed to protect us… So Blue Estate can hammer it to the limit for three days and that’s ok because he started Sunday, but I can only do it twice because I started Monday. Not saying he or I will but the option is there.

It could easily be changed too to 2 x 10hr drives between two weekly rest periods…

If you start on a
Saturday, could you do four tens back to back? I don’t think there needs to be a weekly rest after the first two, or does there?

Old John:
If you start on a
Saturday, could you do four tens back to back? I don’t think there needs to be a weekly rest after the first two, or does there?

In theory you could do.

Old John:
If you start on a

Yes you can do that, this is one of the daft things about having fixed weeks and working weeks, if you work Monday to Friday you can have 2 extended driving shifts in your working week but if you work say Friday to Tuesday you can have 4 extended driving shifts in your working week.

It’s all about safety you see, apparently it’s not safe to drive for 10 hours Monday to Thursday but it is safe to drive for 10 hours Saturday to Tuesday :confused:

tachograph:
this is one of the daft things

One…

Of the daft things?

Let’s list some of the others.

POA, the magic Paul Daniels button that makes drivers disapear for as long as needed so they can do 80 hour weeks but for convenience sake, let’s say 20 of those hours don’t count.

After losing two hours worth of bo bo’s time at the start of the month, you need to get that sleepy by by’s time back after three weeks. Yes, three weeks! What’s the ■■■■■■■ point?

You can interupt your break to drive on or off a ferry or a train but move one inch to let someone in or out in a tight spot and your ■■■ is grass.

Feel free to add to the list of daftness.

yourhavingalarf:

tachograph:
this is one of the daft things

One…

Of the daft things?

Let’s list some of the others.

POA, the magic Paul Daniels button that makes drivers disapear for as long as needed so they can do 80 hour weeks but for convenience sake, let’s say 20 of those hours don’t count.

After losing two hours worth of bo bo’s time at the start of the month, you need to get that sleepy by by’s time back after three weeks. Yes, three weeks! What’s the [zb] point?

You can interupt your break to drive on or off a ferry or a train but move one inch to let someone in or out in a tight spot and your ■■■ is grass.

Feel free to add to the list of daftness.

I don’t understand why some drivers get excited over poa?

It’s a tool to allow drivers who get all recorded breaks deducted paid whilst waiting around without racking up working time. Break has the same effect - it doesn’t count as working time.

It’s not a scam or whatever, it’s just a way to make it a level playing field for drivers who have all recorded breaks deducted, nowt more

stevieboy308:
It’s a tool to allow drivers who get all recorded breaks deducted paid whilst waiting around without racking up working time. Break has the same effect - it doesn’t count as working time.

It’s not a scam or whatever, it’s just a way to make it a level playing field for drivers who have all recorded breaks deducted, nowt more

But that wasn’t the idea behind POA, that just turned out to be a happy little accidental by-product that suited tight fisted employers who micro analyse what they (don’t) pay their drones.

POA was introduced once they realised that the almighty [zb] up called the WTD and more importantly the 48hr week could not be implemented into the transport industry so POA was “invented” as a legal loophole to get the EU bureatwats out of the ■■■■ filled hole they’d dug for themselves.

Could you actually imagine the transport industry working on a strict 48hr (not forgetting the BS night time workers opt out too) system? of course not, you need to (as was eloquently put earlier) Paul Daniels the extra hours away… ergo P.O.A.

Reef:

stevieboy308:

But that wasn’t the idea behind POA, that just turned out to be a happy little accidental by-product that suited tight fisted employers who micro analyse what they (don’t) pay their drones.

POA was introduced once they realised that the almighty [zb] up called the WTD and more importantly the 48hr week could not be implemented into the transport industry so POA was “invented” as a legal loophole to get the EU bureatwats out of the [zb] filled hole they’d dug for themselves.

Could you actually imagine the transport industry working on a strict 48hr (not forgetting the BS night time workers opt out too) system? of course not, you need to (as was eloquently put earlier) Paul Daniels the extra hours away… ergo P.O.A.

But break does the same thing, if you can put it on poa, then you could also put it on break.

There’s 2 reasons to use poa

1. You get all recorded breaks deducted and want to keep your working time down whilst waiting around

2. Taking a full break now would mess up your day, or at least add 15 mins to it!

You’re 5 hours from the yard, gonna be waiting 1 hour, a 45 now would mean a 45 on the way back, a 15-44 now then poa would mean a 30 on the way back, of course you could put it on other work for a minute so you don’t get the full break in too.

If 1 of the above doesn’t apply then it makes sense not to use it as it wrongly resets your driving time on the tacho.

I’m not bothered what they said when it came out, they are the only 2 reasons in my mind why they had to bring it out, but mainly for the 1st

one thing to say about 10 hour drive time,it is time it was binned it is 2019 and while i am at it dump the 15 hour spread,they harp on about safety well give them it.