Apologies, first off all. Another hours question

Ladies and gents, please could someone clarify something for me?

Your two 10 hours drives. Is this in a fixed week or between weekly rests?

I was always led to believe that it was the former, but a mate of mine begs to differ. I’ve looked on the RHA Site and the gov.uk one, and now I’m seriously confused.

Have I been wrong all along? I’m sure I’ve posted what I thought to be correct up on here, and I’ve never been shot down in flames.

Cheers in advance. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It used to be in a fixed week but it’s now between two weekly rest periods…

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

When did that change bud?

I was always convinced that with working over a weekend, provided no more than 2 fell in the same fixed week, I could technically do 4 in my working week

PaulNowak:
When did that change bud?

It didn’t

HTH

PaulNowak:
I was always convinced that with working over a weekend, provided no more than 2 fell in the same fixed week, I could technically do 4 in my working week

That’s correct. On the Vosa/government website about drivers’ hours it even gives an example of this.

Seeing as the weekly driving limit is 56hrs and you can drive 6 days between weekly rest periods you can’t fit more than 2 x 10hrs and 4 x 9 hrs anyway.

Reef:
Seeing as the weekly driving limit is 56hrs and you can drive 6 days between weekly rest periods you can’t fit more than 2 x 10hrs and 4 x 9 hrs anyway.

If you do 4 on 4 off and start on a Saturday you can do 4x10 hour drives :bulb:

Still limited to 56/90 hours obviously.

But the chap above says they now run between weekly rests, not the fixed week.

I think he’s wrong still between two fixed weeks

Tachograph is the man for this.

I’m sure he’ll be along shortly Mr Beaver.

I was certain I was right on this one, but it’s not all that clear cut when you look on the official websites.

Apologies I stand corrected I may have got confused with reduced rest periods

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just rooted around on Gov.uk and DVSA Paul, and what I am getting is ’ twice a week '. " A week is classified as Mon 00.00 - Sun 23.59."

So my understanding off the official websites is twice in a fixed week.

eagerbeaver:
Just rooted around on Gov.uk and DVSA Paul, and what I am getting is ’ twice a week '. " A week is classified as Mon 00.00 - Sun 23.59."

So my understanding off the official websites is twice in a fixed week.

You are correct driving hours are based on a fixed week as you said above.

Terry T:
If you do 4 on 4 off and start on a Saturday you can do 4x10 hour drives :bulb:

But that only works once every blue moon - the 4 on 4 off pattern is irrelevant, you could do 5 on 2 off and still start on a Saturday and do 4x10 hour drives (plus a 9), in either case its not sustainable on a regular rota.

Similar question I was going to ask. So may as well ask here…started on Sunday after a reduced weekly… I still had 1 9 hour daily rest from last week to use, could I have used it Sunday night and still have 3 for this week? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

PaulNowak:
Ladies and gents, please could someone clarify something for me?

Your two 10 hours drives. Is this in a fixed week or between weekly rests?

I was always led to believe that it was the former, but a mate of mine begs to differ. I’ve looked on the RHA Site and the gov.uk one, and now I’m seriously confused.

Have I been wrong all along? I’m sure I’ve posted what I thought to be correct up on here, and I’ve never been shot down in flames.

• You can extend the daily driving time to no more than 10 hours twice in a fixed week.
  • You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods.

raxore:
Similar question I was going to ask. So may as well ask here…started on Sunday after a reduced weekly… I still had 1 9 hour daily rest from last week to use, could I have used it Sunday night and still have 3 for this week?

As in my post above, you can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between 2 weekly rest periods, so when you’ve had a reduced weekly rest period you can have 3 reduced daily rest periods before your next weekly rest period.
(A weekly rest period is either a regular 45 hour weekly rest period or a reduced weekly rest period)

You cannot carry available reduced daily rest periods over from 1 working week to the next :wink:

PaulNowak:

you can do four tens, :wink: sat, sun,min and Tuesday. You are correct. :grimacing: hence you can do six fifteens too! :laughing: without the need of split daily rests! Fri, sat, Sunday, mon, tues and Wednesday. :sunglasses: as long as you haven’t done any before and after the weekly rests. Technically/ legally yes you’re still correct. :smiley: