Warburtons Class 1

Anybody on here do this work? Had a phone interview and going for driving assessment. I know all about the rota and pay etc. Just looking for the opinion of anybody who does or has done this work and what its like. Feel free to PM me if you don’t want to post on forum. Looking at Bellshill but any info from any bakery/depot would be appreciated. Cheers!

I did night…

Trunks out of the Normanton bakery. You’re expected to tip and load which isn’t a big deal really. Make sure you’ve got a good hook to pull the stacks around with and you will have a stack over, it’s inevitable. There’s no weight involved so you can hoof it a bit if you want to. It gets hot, so there a one or two stinky people around. No point in talking about the kit because I was doing this a decade ago. Some of the places are tight (ish) so you need to be on your game in the dark and brush up your blind side skills.

Ask nicely and you can usually go home with some free crumpets or a toasty loaf.
I’d do nights for them again if I needed to.

The work is sound.
Don’t worry about the loading/unloading part.
You’re only assisting…really.
10 min job for a single decker
Maybe half hour for d/d coz you have to use a lift.

Use your loaf and you will make some serious bread out of it.

Ken.

Quinny:
Use your loaf and you will make some serious bread out of it.

Ken.

Cheers for the half baked reply!! Many thanks for the serious answers also. Much appreciated.

Always smirk when I see a bread thread pop up on here as inevitably filled with the same stale puns and crusty lines. Thus thread has already risen to the occasion.

The verdict has always been that compared to other jobs out there its piece if cake and if you use your loaf along the way utsva steady way to earn enough dough.

s3amu5:
Anybody on here do this work? Had a phone interview and going for driving assessment. I know all about the rota and pay etc. Just looking for the opinion of anybody who does or has done this work and what its l with the bayike. Feel free to PM me if you don’t want to post on forum. Looking at Bellshill but any info from any bakery/depot would be appreciated. Cheers!

I did Warburtons out of Bellshill. Ricky drives you nuts, paperwork is ridiculous. You go to two sites in Bolton and that is a pain. The key thing is knowing what’s coming off where 'cos you get Aberdeen, Eurocentral and Bellshill across two sites and you may have to deliver to two as well ! So if you are not careful you’ll be running around like a loon. And of course youre in 16’1 deckers.

Motors were quite nippy Daf XF’s but the r’s ache is the loading. IIRC there is Back o’ the bank and the one up the hill. The former is where the blokes are most helpful, the other place its down to you. Can take a long time to load at the one up the hill 'cos the scissor left isn’t too precise meaning a lot of messing about which takes time.

One big big tip. When you go into Back of the bank there is a barrier, often was gubbed, you keep right and go anti-clockwise eventually climbing up a hill. At the top there are two bays to the right, and then to the left a wall, then more bays. If they ask you to go on the bay to the left of the wall as you look at it coming up the hill (3rd bay from right) pull the trailer forward and to the left and do a u turn and start going down the hill to line it up. Trying to back it in from your good side (as you might expect) you have a 90% chance of hitting the wall or the trailer in bay 4. Yes I know it says no entry but take the tip, a guy told me there and it helped no end thereafter. Watch your time, often took a break in the Botb yard in any free space. There is sod all place to stop. Alternatively you take it at the other bakery where sometimes there is a bit more room.

As I said Ricky is a **** allways pushing you. Its a nice shift on agency but all the time… its push, push, push. Watch your hours too, been known to shortchange you. A bit fly sadly.

Anyone done any class 2 work for Warburtons?