Warburtons

Just got a phone call from Warburtons in Enfield offering me my first assessment and an interview if I pass , I just need a few pointers as I’m bricking it

Why ? It’s just a job.

Prob a quick tacho regs test , wtd test and a jolly down the road after picking up a trailer and on your return park the trailer up on a bay.

Boots clean work kit gloves hi viz .
Licence
Digi card
Cpc card .
If you smoke don’t have a ■■■ before you’ve done for the day as if your assessor is a non or ex smoker it can put em off especially if you shake hands and you smell of ■■■ ash .

Oh relax and just drive watching speeds etc and if he says take the next left make sure it’s a legal left with no restrictions and set your height meter some trainers set em to high or to low to see if you’ve noticed

Nick I think its class 2 work. Be prepared to start at 3am if so, load your own lorry ect. Wage is good but hours are a little unsociable. It has already been said you will be questioned on regulations and signs ect then a test drive then they will offer you the job because they are desperate, simple :slight_smile: Nothing to worry about pal.

Watch the tail swing!

Bread wagons tend to be pretty big, or have they done away with that now? There is a warburtons depot near me and I always used to think they were quite big, owing to the fact there isn’t much weight in bread they can get more on that way.

Start early and finish early usually.

Just drive as you would on your test, plenty of mirrors etc and do things by the book

I did bread for Allied Bakeries and I hated it. Load your own truck, only the large orders are done, the rest you have to do on route. Rush rush rush. Only lasted a week before o jacked it in.

Yeah the fella already told me about 3am starts , that’s not a problem for me I worked in the fish trade 25 years regular 4 am starts . Gotta swot up on drivers hours and regs , that’s the bit I’m a bit rubbish on

Is that hovis , I’ve got an assessment with them as well next week in Dagenham

They use DAF LFs, some manual, some automatic, probably about 50/50 I’d say. They have a big overhang on the back, so definitely watch the tail swing!

At the depot near me, the artics load the depot up at about 9:00PM, and the rigid bread vans go out in the early hours and to deliver to the local shops. They’re always back in the depot for 12:00PM at the latest, so a 3:00AM or 4:00AM start time is probably about right.

The pay is rumoured to be good, but that’s all I know, I know more about their vehicles and operations more than anything.

Ah, yes, and the management like you to be very Eco-friendly, so they don’t like you going over 52MPH in an automatic, or 2000RPM in a manual. Each depot has performance statistics, and they’ll give you a talking to if you’re ruining their stats. They’re not the most laid-back of operators, but they’re not the most over-zealous either, some other firms are much nastier when using their telematics!

jeffeddie:
Is that hovis , I’ve got an assessment with them as well next week in Dagenham

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: on the ridgeds

Yeah , their both class 2 jobs , I don’t know much about the hovis one . The ■■■■■■■ the phone said some people are put off by the start time which I believe she said was Midnight and they do 4 on two off , I don’t mind that as long as it’s midnight all the time not gonna bother if it’s all different start times I’m not a machine

I had an assessment with them too.

Mine started with a quiz which I think was all multiple choice. There were questions about regulations and some very basic numerical ones. I was allowed about half an hour but they were very relaxed on that. I finished it in under ten mins.

After that I had an interview with TM and another manager. The normal job interview questions - a lot of the questions seemed to be looking for customer service related answers.

Lastly, had a driving assessment. Was an old DAF straight 6 manual. The policy they had was they wanted me to pull off in first all the time. They just want to see a smooth, safe drive.

As above, large orders eg supermarkets are pre picked, then you need to make up the small orders in the morning before you leave. That can take a long time if you are unfamiliar with the products I guess.

The place I went to was job and knock so if you were to get a decent route, it could be great. There is a route from the depot I was at where the drivers don’t even need to take a break if they get a decent run of traffic. 3am - 8 45 am thank then the rest of the day is yours.

The Hovis is normally picked just odd baskets you do on route with bits and bobs I think.
The ridged shop stuff is normally mid nite - onward starts so 00:00 to 03:00 depending on your route.
The jobs going paperless and everything is being done on a tablet so your route is planned and all timed the tab also is your sat nav delivery count and customer signature for delivery,
As for shift patterns I don’t know I think it’s 4on 4 off but don’t quote me on that as I’m on primary and only do 1 route . :grimacing:

nick2008:
The Hovis is normally picked just odd baskets you do on route with bits and bobs I think.
The ridged shop stuff is normally mid nite - onward starts so 00:00 to 03:00 depending on your route.
The jobs going paperless and everything is being done on a tablet so your route is planned and all timed the tab also is your sat nav delivery count and customer signature for delivery,
As for shift patterns I don’t know I think it’s 4on 4 off but don’t quote me on that as I’m on primary and only do 1 route . :grimacing:

Either way I would not want to do that job ■■■■ start times load your own stuff time pressured ect, money wise they are paying 28k in my area still no thank you lol

ash 001:

nick2008:

Either way I would not want to do that job [zb] start times load your own stuff time pressured ect, money wise they are paying 28k in my area still no thank you lol

Ref start times,most I speak to are done and dusted for 10-11am so not all bad!